this is my opinion of course

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ICU said:
You said ?Fleet White searched the basement didn't find it.? How did he miss her?
They both Fleet and John searched it later and found her, It sounds like Fleet is lying about not seeing her or she was covered up by the invisibility cloak. Did Fleet have a key to the house? I heard that he was some kind of pervert am I right?

Fleet White searched the house by himself minutes after getting there, which was shortly after the cops got there at about 6:00 A.M. Fleet unlatched, opened the wine cellar door, leaned in and looked inside without actually entering the room. It was dark inside the room and he couldn't find the light switch. Since he didn't see anything suspicious Fleet closed the door and relatched it.

Around 1:00 P.M. John and Fleet searched the basement and John, who was several steps ahead of Fleet, opened the wine cellar door and found JonBenet lying on the floor not far from the door. John removed the tape from JonBenet's mouth and untied one of the tightly-tied knots (according to John) that held her arms together at the wrists, and he carried her upstairs.

Fleet White insists that when he opened the wine cellar door early that morning he would have seen JonBenet lying on the floor despite the darkness IF SHE HAD BEEN THERE, especially since she was wrapped in a white blanket. IMO Fleet White knows who killed JonBenet because he knows the body had been moved. The court protective order prevents Fleet from publicly saying who did it.

JMO

ICU said:
What kind of training did those cops have? Sounds like they were graduates of the keystone cops academy.

Well yeah, everyone is pretty much in agreement that Detective Linda Arndt was in WAY over her head and really botched the crime scene. About the only thing good you can say about Arndt is that she DID request help from her supervisor several times but didn't get any. They were pretty short-staffed because of the holiday and the wrong person was on duty.

BlueCrab said:
Fleet White searched the house by himself minutes after getting there, which was shortly after the cops got there at about 6:00 A.M. Fleet unlatched, opened the wine cellar door, leaned in and looked inside without actually entering the room. It was dark inside the room and he couldn't find the light switch. Since he didn't see anything suspicious Fleet closed the door and relatched it.

Around 1:00 P.M. John and Fleet searched the basement and John, who was several steps ahead of Fleet, opened the wine cellar door and found JonBenet lying on the floor not far from the door. John removed the tape from JonBenet's mouth and untied one of the tightly-tied knots (according to John) that held her arms together at the wrists, and he carried her upstairs.

Fleet White insists that when he opened the wine cellar door early that morning he would have seen JonBenet lying on the floor despite the darkness IF SHE HAD BEEN THERE, especially since she was wrapped in a white blanket. IMO Fleet White knows who killed JonBenet because he knows the body had been moved. The court protective order prevents Fleet from publicly saying who did it.

JMO

So Fleet could have been lying about not seeing her the first time ya think?
did John go to the basement alone after Fleet checked it out and move the body? sounds risky. Why would Fleet take it up pond himself to coduct a search in the first place? or did the police tell him to do so?
how Convenient The court protective order prevents Fleet from publicly saying who did it.

He could have been lying,he could have checked to see if she was "still there".
Did he have a key? Yes,Patsy gave Priscilla a key, I believe it was the night of the 23rd,knowing that
the White's were having guests and that they (ramseys) were leaving she gave it to her just in case a few needed a place to stay. The question? Did the White's make the bid for that key? or.....did Patsy just offer it out of the blue?
Was Fleet wealthy? Some suggest he wasn't,and suggest Priscilla couldn't make the purchases allowed Patsy...that John always paid for the sailing and trips.
Was Fleet fatherlike,YES!..He was quick to come to the aid of a child.....remember the wiping and changing stories?
Did he hold down a job,or was he an aging surfer boy?
In his fifties,was Priscilla wife number one?
Where is the lapse in his "adult life",what did he do?

John did go down into the basement on his own around 10 a.m. -

That's when he says he discovered the broken basement window open; closed it, didn't lock it and - didn't tell anyone he found it "open."

Fleet White is not guilty of this murder.

Fleet White made a bad choice of friends

Fleet White is a convenient scapegoat for those who would protect the Ramseys and their failures in this case

Fleet White hasn't spoken publicly on this case because he, unlike the Ramseys and other players in this case thinks it is inappropriate to speculate about his feelings in this case.

"So Fleet could have been lying about not seeing her the first time ya think?
did John go to the basement alone after Fleet checked it out and move the body"

Fleet lying? No
John was in the basement alone for some time. Only he knows for sure what he was doing down there. We can only speculate.

Shylock said:
The police DID look around the house. But remember, they thought it was a kidnapping, so they were looking for entry points, not dead bodies. And John Ramsey was in no position to order the police to do a better search of the house. All they could do was sit there and wait for the body to be discovered. Luckily, the detective told John Ramsey and Fleet White to re-search the house from top to bottom. That gave John Ramsey the opportunity to discover the body.

That all works except how would the R's know that the detectives assigned would be so inept? (Just because it was Boulder?)

little1 said:
That all works except how would the R's know that the detectives assigned would be so inept? (Just because it was Boulder?)

They didn't, nor did they care. I'm sure they expected the body to be found within an hour of the 911 call. It must have been terribly frustrating for them when that didn't happen and they had to sit there for hours--continuing the ruse that they believed a real kidnapping was in progress.

IMO

Shylock said:
They didn't, nor did they care. I'm sure they expected the body to be found within an hour of the 911 call. It must have been terribly frustrating for them when that didn't happen and they had to sit there for hours--continuing the ruse that they believed a real kidnapping was in progress.

IMO

If that is the case, why not "hide" her in a room that was not so unknown to others? Why not try to get the body out of house? Why stage a kidnapping, then leave the body in the house? Makes no sense.

little1 said:
If that is the case, why not "hide" her in a room that was not so unknown to others? Why not try to get the body out of house? Why stage a kidnapping, then leave the body in the house? Makes no sense.

little1, I have read your replies and I am convinced that you are a good sleuth, and do not follow a witch hunt that have no substance in it. I believe that hard questioning and logical thinking, not innuendos conjectures and wild guesses, I can not believe the steadfast belief of ones guilt on nothing else but feelings about them, none of which can be proven. They seem to like the sound of it and that is all they are going on. Now watch this, I will be attacked by all the ones I’m talking about, it never fails.

little1 said:

Where would you suggest hiding the body of the child you killed??? If it were me I would have placed her in the wine cellar.

Patsy's reaction after seeing Officer French coming up from the basement spoke volumes. Hiding behind splayed fingers...eyeballing him? She must have been stunned to realize that French did not discover JonBenet.

IMO

Barbara said:
Fleet White is not guilty of this murder.

Fleet White made a bad choice of friends

Fleet White is a convenient scapegoat for those who would protect the Ramseys and their failures in this case

Fleet White hasn't spoken publicly on this case because he, unlike the Ramseys and other players in this case thinks it is inappropriate to speculate about his feelings in this case.

"So Fleet could have been lying about not seeing her the first time ya think?
did John go to the basement alone after Fleet checked it out and move the body"

Fleet lying? No
John was in the basement alone for some time. Only he knows for sure what he was doing down there. We can only speculate.

Yes I do, the man said that he did not see her because the wine cellar was too dark, he just poke his head in, he could not see in the dark, and he could not find the light switch, I believe he knew where the light switch was, wow what a guy, looking around for anything unusual after hearing about the Ramsey girl is kidnapped and he only poked his head in the wine cellar and said nope nothing there, but later said when he and John found her, hey I could have seen her there in the dark so close to the door with that white blanket on her, what a liar. Go ahead stand up for him.

ICU said:
did John go to the basement alone after Fleet checked it out and move the body? sounds risky. Why would Fleet take it up pond himself to coduct a search in the first place? or did the police tell him to do so?
how Convenient The court protective order prevents Fleet from publicly saying who did it.

ICU,

IMO Fleet White had nothing to do with the death of JonBenet. He came over to the Ramseys house a little after 6 A.M. because Patsy frantically called him and asked for help. Fleet searched the house soon after getting to the Ramseys because he was told JonBenet had been kidnapped and is missing.

Fleet was alone when he searched the basement. He wouldn't have any reason to lie about seeing the body when he peered into the wine cellar. I'm convinced Fleet didn't see the body because it really wasn't there at 6:00 A.M. IMO John moved the body later that morning when he went into the basement by himself. He moved it because he wanted it found because the suspense was killing Patsy and himself.

Fleet knows the body was moved and therefore knows a Ramsey is guilty of killing JonBenet. He 's convinced he would have seen JonBenet wrapped in a white blanket despite the darkness.

IMO that's the basis of the falling out between the Ramseys and the Whites. Fleet White wants John Ramsey to come clean, even if Burke is involved, and stop the destruction of innocent families by innuendo -- including his own. Fleet blames Alex Hunter for sweeping everything under the rug, unnecessarily making almost everyone look suspicious.

JMO

little1 said:

You're kidding right? The answers to your questions should be obvious to you. The kidnapping was staged to point the crime outside the house. And why would they even TRY to get the body out of the house and take the chance of being seen by someone.

If you had a dead kid on your hands and couldn't leave your house, just what would YOU do?

The real reason the Ramseys had a fallout with the Whites was because the Whites knew who was responsible for the death of their daughters best friend.

One instance is when Priscilla White confronted Patsy by telling Patsy that she knows a thing or two about a thing or two. What was Patsy's response?

NONE.

Early on in the investigation, the Ramseys had their pit bull Stine keep watch and keep the Whites away from them.

The Fernies no longer have contact with the Ramseys. Remember Barbara Fernies observation of Patsy? Barbara said that it was she who mourned more than Patsy did.

The door was latched - no reason to think she was in the wine cellar. The sun wasn't out yet either - still dark. The light switch was set back and FW had never been in there before.

Officer French didn't even open the door to look in.

Also, if you've seen the layout of the "wine cellar" - JonBenet was not in a clear path by the door.

Interesting that French didn't notice the broken window....

Fleet was familiar with the wine celler ,he had grabbed a bottle of "red" during a get together,and knew the area,knew the location of the switch.
Why is it that so many claim not to be familiar with that room? LHP herself claimed she didn't
"even know the room",yet she and her hubby removed decorations to carry upstairs shortly before Christmas.
Why was the door relatched? Clearly something isn't right.
During the early morning hours,while people were coming and going,was the house surrounded by police? NO!
Could the killer have been hiding in a crawl space,less likely to be found than Jonbenet's body?

sissi said:
Fleet was familiar with the wine celler ,he had grabbed a bottle of "red" during a get together,and knew the area,knew the location of the switch.
Where do you get this information from? I thought John said that while they called it a "wine celler" they had never really stored wine there.

ICU said:
Yes I do, the man said that he did not see her because the wine cellar was too dark, he just poke his head in, he could not see in the dark, and he could not find the light switch, I believe he knew where the light switch was, wow what a guy, looking around for anything unusual after hearing about the Ramsey girl is kidnapped and he only poked his head in the wine cellar and said nope nothing there, but later said when he and John found her, hey I could have seen her there in the dark so close to the door with that white blanket on her, what a liar. Go ahead stand up for him.

Gee ICU, for someone who claims that they don't know every part of this case, you sure do seem hell bent on bashing Fleet White. Rather unusual for someone who hasn't been on top of the case for very long.

What gives you reason to "believe" that he "knew" where the light switch was?

Hmmmmmm....I do believe we have met before.

Some have responded rather interestingly, and I’m surprised that I have not been torn to shreds, but there is still time yet, not all the votes are in. This is why I think that it was an intruder, now this is my opinion, There was no evidence of forced entry, you can exclude the cellar window because it was found to be too small for a person to fit into with out getting hurt, there is a window well there and no disturbance of dust was found. Now someone would have to have a key, because even if the alarm was not activated or not working, John would have at least locked the door. It is known that a few people had copies of the keys, John let people he knew use his house when they were away. One of the so called friend of John’s let himself in through the front door, he knew that the alarm was not activated, because John would have told his friends with a key that the alarm is not functional, now this intruder knows were JonBenet is sleeping, this person may have had fantasies about her, this is not a transient because of the neighborhood. This is an educated person, with a fantasy, what time of the night this happened who knows? The intruder goes to the girls room and picks her up, she awakes IMO and recognized the intruder and was not alarmed, I do not think that the intruder planned to kidnap the child but to for fill the fantasy, the murder was commited because the intruder would be identified, JonBenet would not want to be near this person again and would have alerted people that something was wrong, so the murderer had to finish his crime, besides what better way to cover up your crime than to leave the body in the parents basement, so the intruder may have offered her the pineapple to keep her calm, most pedophiles are loving to the victims they are going to violate it helps with the fantasy, so they go to the cellar, now why would JonBenet just follow the intruder to the cellar? Well if the pedophile was good at it, he could have said anything to keep her calm and convince her to go along with him, this is a six year old girl whom is trusting this intruder. I have read about different kinds of killings of children by their mothers and what I have read is, they would just kill them by drowning, stabbing, poison, suffocation, etc…, it was quick and simple, look at the way JonBenet was murdered, with ligatures, knots that slipped to strangle, ligatures on the wrist, the ligature around the neck was not only designed to tighten, it also had a paint brush handle, which the end of the ligature was wrapped around it. All this is time consuming and methodical, I believe that the blanket was used to stop her from kicking, (and the tape to keep her quiet, so why bother if both parents were in on it, so what if she started to scream beg for her life), because there was not enough rope for her legs, I read that some one suggested that the paint brush was used as a pull like on a lawn mower. To the intruder the rope around the paint brush means something to them in his fantasy, this was not a functional device as it was a fantasy, you could pull the rope without the paint brush handle, because the murder was not straight forward in the way most mother have killed their children, this crime was committed with fantasy. The ransom note needs to be looked at real carefully, I do not believe it was written by Pat Ramsey. This is my opinion and I’m hoping that I can have an opinion without being crucified for it. Does anyone remember the mother and father in Australia, a few years back, they said that their baby was carried off by wild dogs. Now the only thing that the public were noticing was that she did not seem to be grieving hard enough for her child, so they thought that she did away with her own child, the woman said that she just could not carry on the way the public thought she should, as it turns out they found her child, the child was found to have been devoured by the wild dogs, It was a common thing for children to be carried off by wild dogs in that part of the country, but the public was on a witch hunt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back