"this young lady has definitely got a bit of a criminal past."

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IIRC.... she was allegedly a pretty good student so it always seemed odd to me that she wouldn't graduate.

I wonder if she got into some 'serious' trouble (of a legal nature)... got expelled & THAT'S when her world started to fall apart and the family started to be affected by her worsening behavior.

I'm very interested in hearing about the Casey BEFORE this last 6 months....and when things really started to go bad.

Didn't she just get tired of being in school? IIRC, even though she was a good student she didn't have many friends. Most of her close friends were guys and the girls didn't like it.

Heck...I can't remember that far back with this case. Makes me crazy :bang:

I read in an interview with one of KC's childhood friends (also had a baby) that KC just lost interest in school after Caylee was born and didn't want to bothered with it.

I read in an interview with one of KC's childhood friends (also had a baby) that KC just lost interest in school after Caylee was born and didn't want to bothered with it.

She wouldn't have been in HS unless she was held back. She is 22 now and Caylee would have turned 3 so that would have been 19 when she was born.

What I got from his statement, is that we only know the very tip of the iceberg. The deeper they dig, the more they are finding out. SHOCKING:clap:

Honestly, I have been stymied by LE's seeming lack of interest in actually finding Caylees body. I am hoping that it means that have a slam dunk. After reading this quote it give me faith that there is a lot stuff we have no idea about. Annie D being a big one!

The oddest thing about this statement is that he called her A YOUNG LADY!!! HA! How about young, spiteful, B$#@% - OK, calm downnnnnnn....

I wonder if he is refering to all the stealing then finally the theft from the greatgrandparents / even if not arrested for a crime if the act was perpetrated it would still be a crime

If you have seen any of my past posts, I tend to wonder what KC was involved in that is making her keep her mouth shut and bide her time in jail. This is a very selfish girl who would not go the distance for anyone other than herself. I have referred to the backward speech videos and the PB jailhouse visit. See for yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkvsZ5cSZCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7OK-5aMmrw

Has anyone looked up public records / criminal records for this Patrick Bourgeois? Need to do that. And he mentioned a Mike Walker that they all went to school together. There were also links last week to a yearbook site or something could perhaps glean some information from that as well.

Sorry I'm link-less!!:crazy:

Unfortunately, considering the charges she may be facing, and in this day and age, economical crimes like this, really, under $5000?? - they are, in the big picture, NOT considered a big deal.
You're right--in terms of sentencing, they're not a big deal.

But they do help create a portrait of a young woman who's been willing to abuse the rights of others for her own gain for a longer period of time than many would have us believe.

Prior bad acts, if admitted, will demonstrate that her behavior toward Caylee was NOT the result of a one-time break with reality, but rather representative of an escalation of already-personality-disordered behavior.

They will show habitual abuse of others inflated to dangerous proportions.

And if not admissible, this girl's history may at least help the prosecution form their theory of the crime against Caylee and move forward in a way that is more likely to result in serious, serious consequences.

I've heard she was a good student, too.
It seems, though, even if she was expelled, she could have gone to summer/alternative school in order to graduate.
Maybe this was a way of "sticking it" to Cindy...not realizing the impact it would have on her future.
She doesn't have a GED either, does she?

My ex didn't graduate with his class because the nite before graduation he discovered he was failing a required course. He didn't go back and take care of it until he was 23 years old, even tho it completely altered his career plans and ultimately changed his life. I think this involves the maturity factor, no one matures at the same rate, and until we get there, we continue to make childish mistakes. (And some, once they get 'there' start making the really big, grown-up mistakes!!)

Quote:
''I wonder if she got into some 'serious' trouble (of a legal nature)... got expelled & THAT'S when her world started to fall apart and the family started to be affected by her worsening behavior.

I'm really interested in hearing about the Casey BEFORE this last 6 months...and when things really started to go bad.'
'

If she did, I believe all her problems would have become obvious long before now. Her behavior has been escalating for 2 years, starting when she quit her job and pretended or lied to everyone about it. I'm sure this charade has been feeding her ego, the longer she got away with it, the more brazen she became, the riskier her behavior became. A.L.'s roommate said KC claimed to be working from 'home' while she actually spent all her time on :eek:nline:MYSpace/Facebook. George admitted to questioning whether she had a job and apparently she was allowed to fraudulently open accounts and spend her parents into bankruptcy.:bling: Maybe if C & G stopped her the first time she stole from them, KC wouldn't have thought it was OK to steal from friends and other family members. Maybe she would have found another job and made a real life for herself and Caylee, in the real world. :cry:

hes talking about the fact that she has been stealing money checks and other things for a long time, even if never charged. I checked everyones criminal history ga ca kc and la on the orange county clerk of courts public website minor tickets for kc, wonder about maybe when she was a minor, would be sealed though

Sealed doesn't mean invisible does it? :waitasec: (IDK) For some reason I've always thought a minors sealed record meant just that; the conviction stood but no one has access to the record without a court order. (And even that wouldn't be easy to get.) The conviction could be for breaking curfew or murder. Also, doesn't the person involved have to petition the court to seal it once they turn 18? Or is that automatic?:lipssealed: :ziplip: :nono:

The oddest thing about this statement is that he called her A YOUNG LADY!!! HA! How about young, spiteful, B$#@% - OK, calm downnnnnnn....

I know, same way I always get upset when LE refers to rapists and murderers as "this gentleman..."

OK, I'm going to ask this question again:

Can she be convicted first of the recent check forgery charges, then tried for the murder, using the first conviction as proof of a criminal past in the murder trial?

You're right--in terms of sentencing, they're not a big deal.

But they do help create a portrait of a young woman who's been willing to abuse the rights of others for her own gain for a longer period of time than many would have us believe.

Prior bad acts, if admitted, will demonstrate that her behavior toward Caylee was NOT the result of a one-time break with reality, but rather representative of an escalation of already-personality-disordered behavior.

They will show habitual abuse of others inflated to dangerous proportions.

And if not admissible, this girl's history may at least help the prosecution form their theory of the crime against Caylee and move forward in a way that is more likely to result in serious, serious consequences.

You would need a crime of violence to show a propensity toward violence. Fraud and larceny, being crimes against property and not against a person, are in a different league.

That said, because the bad acts are so prejudicial and lack probative value, they would not be admitted.

The prosecutors aren't psychiatrists or experts in mental health. If they want to expound a theory based upon breaks from reality, they will use expert testimony and not a history of larceny.

You can abuse someone's rights without laying a finger on them...

jmho:)

OK, I'm going to ask this question again:

Can she be convicted first of the recent check forgery charges, then tried for the murder, using the first conviction as proof of a criminal past in the murder trial?

She could be yes, but it won't really be necessary because of the sentencing guidelines already in place for a homicide charge. She won't do more time for writing bad checks before killing her child than she would have had she never taken Amy's checkbook.

Additionally Baez will most likely ask again for it to be delayed until after the murder case. They only have so many resources and so much time to invest in her defense of a capital charge. The guidelines for making sure someone possibly facing the death penalty has every opportunity for a full defense are very strict. I don't think we will see a fraud trial before the murder trial, and if convicted in the murder case I don't think you will ever see the economic charges go to trial.

I'm confused. If she were to be convicted of the fraud charges first, then can that criminal past be used as an aggravating circumstance in the murder trial, to lean toward the death penalty, rather than life?

I'm confused. If she were to be convicted of the fraud charges first, then can that criminal past be used as an aggravating circumstance in the murder trial, to lean toward the death penalty, rather than life?

No, the two cases are not related. The aggravating circumstance in this case would be Caylee's age most likely. If a person had stolen money or property in the process of killing their victim then a economic crime could be an aggravating circumstance.

Thank you so much, impatientredhead. I didn't understand the "during the crime" issue. You are very knowledgeable about legal matters.

OK, I just reviewed the death penalty for FL aggravating factors--understood.

Oh God, that's a pet peeve of mine also....

using terms like 'young lady' or 'gentleman' when talking about people who are accused of awful things.

It's so ABSURD and innapropriate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viclime23
Back