Three children and two teenagers have been arrested over the murder of an 80-year-old man. Leicestershire, UK.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was wondering what date this happened and if it was before school started. In my little town in Sweden it has been kids harassing people with e scooters. There is nothing to do for them here during the summer holiday and I believe it could be part of the problem. More activities with adult supervision like sports, dance, music etc might be something to consider.

"One fellow gardener told The Times:

'His plots were very, very, very neat and everything was healthy.
Onions, carrots, beetroot, herbs,
he grew virtually everything.

It won quite a few prizes.
He won an internal one in our allotment society and there's the Leicestershire allotment society.
Over the years he's won two of them'."

"One fellow gardener told The Times:

'His plots were very, very, very neat and everything was healthy.
Onions, carrots, beetroot, herbs,
he grew virtually everything.

It won quite a few prizes.
He won an internal one in our allotment society and there's the Leicestershire allotment society.
Over the years he's won two of them'."

Sounds like a nice gentleman who clearly was involved and cared about his community. We all suffer a loss when someone like this is taken too soon.

jmo

Last edited:

A teenager was charged with murder on Wednesday and appeared at Leicester Crown Court this afternoon.

The defendant, who cannot be named for legal reasons, smiled at his mother and another family member in the public gallery before he was remanded into youth custody until his next court hearing on October 11.

Judge William Harbage QC told the defendant: ‘You will next appear before this court on 11th of October and a trial is like to be held in February next year

His mother was allowed into the courtroom as her son’s appropriate adult.

That and the lack of discipline and respect. Many young people these ages are under the impression they can do or say what they like without consequences. It's like they are not taught respect for others, self respect and civility.
Ebm

Moo
I dare say the lack of respect and children being brought up to believe there are no consequences for bad behavior have led to horrific acts like this by younger people, even children- I think this is probably more world - wide than behavior that occurs in a particular country: then there is social media--- which in my opinion has become toxic ---so what will they do with the 12 year old? a slap on the wrist? what will these "children' be charged with?

IM harsh O

These youths were roaming wildly,
terrorizing neighbourhoods,
focusing on the vulnerable,
not bothered by anyone and feeling impune.

Lack of discipline,
Lack of morals,
Lack of positive role models.

Feeling strong in a group,
jeering, vulgar and primitive.
Zero respect for others.

Kicking a can down a road,
or kicking an elderly person.

Where are the parents?
What kind of parental methods are being used?

I feel pessimistic.
In 4 short years this person will be an adult.

But will he be a changed person?

JMO

I dare say the lack of respect and children being brought up to believe there are no consequences for bad behavior have led to horrific acts like this by younger people, even children- I think this is probably more world - wide than behavior that occurs in a particular country: then there is social media--- which in my opinion has become toxic ---so what will they do with the 12 year old? a slap on the wrist? what will these "children' be charged with?
I'm interested in the sentencing for the one charged with murder - not holding my breath for it to be adequate at all. Age old argument of whether they fully understand their actions and people asking do they truly understand what they've done going to be played out now. Unless they have significant learning disabilities or brain injury then yes they do understand. Jmo
These are not little children. They know the difference between right and wrong, yet they still did this. And, an elder gentleman too, not someone in their 20's, 30's, 40's or 50's - they chose someone clearly frail and vulnerable to kick and hurt.

Makes you wonder how they would feel if someone did that to their Nain or Taid.

(I'm not going to start on parents allowing their kids and younger teens to have profiles on social media and the content that is created targeting those young ones - be here for hours on my soap box LOL)

moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom