TH's emails shed light on Horman split

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
About an hour later, Terri Horman e-mailed a friend and said she called 911 but was directed to a non-emergency dispatcher.
"Guess what? Since we are married we have joint custody and he can do that. Gee, too bad I didn't know that," she wrote.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??? Did anyone catch this? Omgosh...is she saying too bad I didn't know this because I could have just done this instead of....

What else could it mean? WOW!

Good catch! You know when I first read that, I was thinking she was thinking if she had known that she would not have bothered calling 911. But now, I am thinking it meant, she would have taken the baby and left - if she knew she could do that.

ITA she needed to know..what does he know? Secondly needed her friends to know that Kaine is capeable of "kidnapping" her child only to find out later...oops, he isn't breaking the law. Too bad she didn't know that huh? When did she try to take the baby from the gym? After she knew that? TIA

And I'm sorry, but who in their right mind sends an EMAIL begging for their child back? Like she was just going to wait patiently until he decided to check it and get back with her? WTF kind of sense does that make? I would be on the phone and trying to get into actual contact with someone, not sending off an angry email. How ridiculous and stupid. Sounds like she wanted something in print to prove that she cares about KH and baby K.

Maybe it's because I grew up in a time before the advent of email, but it's just strange to me that she sought him out by email. Has this world really come to that? I wonder if she texted him too. Lord.

How do we know she didn't call??

Do you think Kaine would have answered?

I have to say, if Kaine was the bad husband, why the "I love you" and "we should work this out".

It seems like she's guilty.

If she was completely innocent, she would be saying something like, "I can't believe you leave me without my daughter in the middle of this. We are done".

Not: "I love you, let's work this out".

What a crazy person.

ITA and I think she's a complete manipulator.

On the flip side, I'd tell just about anyone I loved them if they told me where my child was. I'd be kissing their behinds, even if they were beating me daily, just to find out where they had my child.

NOT saying KH was a bad husband, an abusive husband, etc. I'm just saying, I would say ANYTHING to make sure my child were safe and/or to get to them.

I'm more bothered that whoever released these emails to media. Am I interested? Yes. But I don't see how this helps anything, it just furthers the drama. :(

IMO, it's pretty obvious who leaked this.

For me I am not sure of what is contradictory..in fact in this case we don't know what is truth, what is being blown way up by the media or at this point what LE is doing to solve this case. All of our information is coming from "unnamed sources" and for me, that doesn't cut it.

Important facts are changing by the day..and many people involved in this case have stated One thing One day and then it changes the next. It appears to me that not 1 person involved has told the same story...it's not just Terri.

What I do know is that
1. When LE did the LS sting, Terri called 911
2. When Terri found out that KH had taken baby K she wrote an e-mail, then she called 911 not once but twice.
3. I know that she did in fact take Kryon to school that day
4. I know that Kryon is missing.
5. LE has stated that they have NO person of interest

I am beginning to think a witch hunt. They are putting together a puzzle and when the pieces don't match they change their story to make it fit. All in MOI

May I have an example of this? I have missed this happening...

If she really did want her back, why didn't she contest or challenge any part of the RO?

Yes, that's the real test, no?
And she doesn't sound all that upset in these emails, just a little snide. Again that's my opinion.
Nothing like; "What are you doing! I didn't do anything! What is going on..PLEASE tell me what's happening"

I mean these emails seem overly calm and it's chilling. I'm not saying she should be cursing and yelling like a nut, but to be this tame with all that was going down is odd.

About an hour later, Terri Horman e-mailed a friend and said she called 911 but was directed to a non-emergency dispatcher.
"Guess what? Since we are married we have joint custody and he can do that. Gee, too bad I didn't know that," she wrote.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??? Did anyone catch this? Omgosh...is she saying too bad I didn't know this because I could have just done this instead of....

To be honest thats how i took it. That it if she knew she could just have just gone wih K she neednt have done whatever she did to Kyron :(

I truly dont know how the woman can live with her self or for that matter any cohorts she had :furious:

To be honest thats how i took it. That it if she knew she could just have just gone wih K she neednt have done whatever she did to Kyron :(

I truly dont know how the woman can live with her self or for that matter any cohorts she had :furious:

Terri wouldn't have had joint custody of Kyron.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24581546/detail.html

E-mails written by Terri Horman and obtained by FOX 12 give insight into her reaction the day her husband moved out of the family's northwest Portland home with their daughter.
Horman -- the stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman -- wrote an e-mail June 26 accusing her husband of illegally taking the toddler.
"OK, I love you but this is ridiculous. What you are doing is parental child abduction and is illegal. I need to know where my daughter is and if she is safe. You were really upset with me when you left. What is it that I/we need to do to reconcile this? I don't want to call 911 but I need a resolution please. If I don't hear from you in an hour I will call 911," Terri Horman wrote to Kaine Horman.

more at link

Ok here are my thoughts on this:
Understanding that there is at least some editing that occurred on the email, I am looking at the tone of the email. It rings false to me. It is like someone who is trying not to appear angry, but drips with anger.

She says she loves KH, but where is the reminder that he and she are under stress because Kryon is missing and the plea not to be too hasty? Where is the concern for KH? I mean the man has a missing son and has now walked out on her. Where is her 'concern' for KH's well being? Kyron should be the biggest thing in their lives, up until KH was walking out, I would have expected some mention of it if she was really trying to be loving and compassionate and some concern about her husband's health.

The signs of anger I see are the word "ridiculous." Very provoking word when used in an argument. Accusing him of criminal acts, abduction. And by the way, that is a controlling persons response. "We split up, of course I am taking the kids."

Asking if "their" daughter is "safe" is almost a condemnation. What would make her think their daughter would not be safe with him? She stops just short of accusing him of being capable of harming their daughter.

And that note to her friend! "Gee too bad I didn't know that????" I mean is that a motive? She was afraid that if she left KH before he might get their daughter, so instead of leaving she tried to do ..................what? At least that is the way I read it.

I read that comment a whole other way...."gee too bad I didn't know that" or whatever she wrote...it seemed like a flip way of saying " I wouldn't have had to call 911 if I had known that"......but see that is where in text you lose that inflection you get with speech.....hard to read into it what she meant...could go lotta ways.IMO

Dunno but why are we too assume they are edited? Could not be maybe?
Dang this case is maddening.:furious:

Yes, that's the real test, no?
And she doesn't sound all that upset in these emails, just a little snide. Again that's my opinion.
Nothing like; "What are you doing! I didn't do anything! What is going on..PLEASE tell me what's happening"

I mean these emails seem overly calm and it's chilling. I'm not saying she should be cursing and yelling like a nut, but to be this tame with all that was going down is odd.

it is chchilling. Calculated and emotionless, other than the anger about "how dare you do this to me?"

Ofc not. I didnt mean that she did. What i mean is that if Terri had known she could have just taken her daughter she would have and wouldnt have done whatever she did to Kyron.

And that is a point that we can't be sure if TH understands, or if that is what she was talking about as regards to Kyron. But if she really believed that neither she nor KH could take their daughter without being charged with abduction, then that could have been a motive of sorts for her. For instance a motive to allegedly hire a hitman to make sure she got custody.

from the article:

Guess what?
Since we are married we have joint custody and he can do that.
Gee, too bad I didn't know that

i took it to mean had she known that it was legal for kaine to take the baby, she wouldn't have called 911.

In her msg to Kaine she is saying she thinks it is illegal for him to take the baby and she was going to call 911 if he didn't respond within an hour (paraphrasing), and she followed thru thinking she could get the cops to help her get the baby back home.

It is irritating that this "assumption" continually is put out there "that Terri can do nothing right. That people are going to continue to have it in for her no matter what she says"... AS I said this is an "assumption" and I for one can state that though I strongly feel as though Terri is involved I am a level headed individual that is more than perfectly capable of discerning fact from fiction, rumor from speculation, and the damn truth from lies. This "assumption" could NOT be more OFF base. It is not true.

As I earlier stated I have full knowledge of how the media "works" and my opinion is IN NO WAY based on the medias choosing what to report and what NOT to report. We are adults who are very much capable of having an open mind, not falsely accusing random "innocent" people, and are not like children that would be easily manipulated by reporters tactics, rather grown, responsible, mentally sound adults that are fully capable of discerning what is accurate, true, and reasonable.

I resent the continual slam of "assuming" we're a bunch of blathering idiots that are hair brained dimwits with the gullibility of morons who the media are controlling our thoughts and conclusions.

It is not the case. Though I feel strongly of Terri's involvement I still look at every single bit of info with an open mind. Don't assume anything different.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I missed that before, "too bad I didn't know that." That is a very curious comment. Or what? "too bad I didn't know that" because "I would have...." Too bad she doesn't go a little farther and say why it was "too bad" she didn't know.

Open to intepretation, unfortunately. TH will have a lot of explaining to do on the stand. I'm interested to know how she will try explain away the MFH.

So Kaine leaves with baby around 1:30pm
The sting op happens around 5:18pm
She sends this email to Kaine around 10:39pm
Calls 911 about the baby at 11:39pm
Then emails her friend about calling 911

IMO, her email to Kaine is trying to imply she is rational, Kaine was ANGRY when he left, Kaine is breaking the law, and she is getting her feelers out there to see if Kaine replies that he knows all about the MFH because she needs so badly to know if what happened at 5:18pm that day was an attempted sting operation and if they are on to her.

ETA: IMO she was trying to see if she would get a response like 'what do you mean I am breaking the law, you are the breaking the law trying to have me killed!' Or 'what do you mean you love me, you tried to have me killed!'

I agree.

If I had some strange man come to my house and demand money, and, I felt compelled to call 911, I think I would have mentioned it in the email I sent to my husband hours later.

Just seems strange.

I agree.

If I had some strange man come to my house and demand money, and, I felt compelled to call 911, I think I would have mentioned it in the email I sent to my husband hours later.

Just seems strange.

It looks to me like they've already talked or emailed prior to this email, because at the point of this email, it's clear she knows he has left and taken the baby.

So I would think talking about the sting would have happened in an earlier conversation, not wait until this later conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member