TH's polygraphs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Grnabob, I'm trying to figure out why a non-family member would hold this child. They must realize how public the case has become and eventually - somehow the truth will come out and they will be tattooed as an accomplice.

I'm not saying it isn't possible, but why then not make that phone call to LE and turn States Evidence to save themselves?

Maybe the people holding him were told a pack of lies and think they are "protecting" Kyron?

Maybe they are non-English speakers and don't watch mainstream news or read the papers? Remember the billboards?

Maybe they think they will have some kind of reward at the end of a specified time of keeping him?

In the long run, they may be victims as much as Kyron and Desiree and Kaine.

I actually think LE is finding out Terri may not have lied and she may have been exactly where she said she was.I feel they put too much importance on the cell phone pings.
:waitasec:

So how did Terri's cell phone end up on Sauvie Island while she was roaming around elsewhere?

I'll eat my hat if LE is finding out that Terri didn't lie, or if her cell phone data is suddenly "ok".

And why did Terri have, according to DY, such a hard time remembering what she'd done that morning? Sorry, but when the last known person to see Kyron can't remember where they were that morning and their cell phone pings somewhere they'd know whether or not they'd been (I can possibly see forgetting which grocery store you went to...I CANNOT fathom forgetting going to Sauvie Island, where there is limited attractions for non-home owners)...that's hinky, IMO....damn hinky. Almost as hinky as her behavior in regard to the three LDTs. But not quite.

I would like someone to explain the reason why those who are trying to keep an open mind about all the possibilities pertaining to who may have taken little Ky continue to be ostracized or ridiculed or sometimes downright accused of being "pro TH" or "defending TH". There seems to be an underlying innuendo that if someone expresses interest in exploring other possibilities besides TH that it equals lack of concern for Kyron, unless I'm misinterpreting, and if so - apologies.

Yes - there's a lot that's hinky about TH. I agree completely. This entire case has been hinky from day 1. As Ann Rule herself stated - this is the most bizarre case she's ever followed.

It's true we aren't privy to the inside workings of this investigation, or what specific leads & tips LE may be following or checking out. I have no doubt LE is looking @ TH. They have good reason to. But, as I recall, Sheriff Staton himself stated in an interview not too long ago that the investigators are following ALL avenues and that EVERYONE is a person of interest.

I read all the news reports with interest, and take into account what everyone has to say. It's fairly obvious that TH is being focused on as a potential POI. For all we know, LE is also quietly focusing on other potential POIs behind the scenes, as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they are.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Even those who may not agree with what seems to be the consensus.

We all care about little Kyron. We all want him found as quickly as possible.

This is about Kyron. I want him to be home with his family.

I'm not pro Terri. I see the evidence or information being tossed to the public. I can read. I have always been the one to follow the person with less fans or the evil one, the weird one, I'm not sure why I do this. I am really a nice girl. I know right from wrong. I just take things in differently, I guess.

This will always be about Kyron.

I have also noticed that the layout and focus of the interviews are becoming more polished. People may forget how shy this family was in the beginning...all releases had to come from LE. Then somehow after the plot broke in the Oregonian the family has really released stuff on their own. They do not make nearly the reference to LE like they used to. In the last week they are sitting down for face to face interviews.

In the interviews neither DY or KH look scripted to me, but natural and relaxed. Like they are been told to just be themselves. That will matter to the public. I think someone is helping them with their image and it could be like KH has said he has been meeting with a couselor weekly. DY is probably as well which could be making a difference expressing their feelings.:waitasec:

Bolded respectfully by me :)

I'm trying to remember---someone know? Wasn't it said they have someone IIRC associated with a church that is in marketing or PR work or something to that effect? If so (and I"m not remembering wrong) could that person be advising them? Just curious.

Kyron went missing on the Friday and J got there on the Saturday for a week visit. We know from his dad that he wasnt there the whole week cos of the problems there. His dad has stated when he was on phone to J that J told him Terri had problems with her test and Terri started shouting at her son because he told his dad. By his words it would suggest that Terri had the test done within a few days of Kyron going missing.

JMO

IIRC..From what Kaine stated on the audio link provided in this thread he and TH were tested almost immediately due to the fact they had both been with Kyron on June 4th...JMO

Hi there scandi - You have been here a long time - can you think of any other cases where divorced parents have held their own media events so they can cast blame on one single person - by name? I'm amazed the media has the time and resources for them to do that. TIA

Hi Eyes, No I can't and have racked my brain.

In Haleigh's case we had a couple of pressers at first, their TV interviews, etc. But it doesn't really compare as they didn't zone in on anyone in particular. Maybe because they are involved - who knows?

I think here we have white collar professionals as parents, a member of LE as a SD, all of which raises the bar in their creativity in finding A way through resources available to them, to bring their son home.

IMO allot of time has been spent conversing w/ LE, learning the strategies that will be successful in getting the truth out of the last person to have seen Kyron {acc to LE}. I think it has been a very scientific approach and they have drawn from experts like those in the FBI's BAU {behavior analysis unit} to match the strategy to the personality. We've discussed that, how to get into the mind of the Narcissist.

It is so unusual to see this public denouncement of a person before they are legally named a POI or Suspect. They might all agree she could keep it zipped forever. It could be the only way they think she will tell the truth, if it is the only way she will ever see her little girl again. The pressure point for Terri as I think she simply treasures that 'lil girl.

xox

ETA: I should add they realize time is of the essence in bringing him home if they really believe he could be alive. And that if there was someone else involved, as they intimate by their presser, the truth will come out eventually. I think they want to plant that seed in Terri's mind. Really, very cleverly put together when you look at all they have said ~ and what they didn't say.

Hey Scandi and E4C, have either of you ever seen a stepmother hide a stepchild from divorced parents? I'm trying to remember but I can't seem to recall any myself. Just curious.

I remember in the first couple of weeks on this case most everyone was upset that the family wasn't saying anything to the press. Now, when it seems as if the family is truly letting everyone in on all the details, a lot of people are upset that they are saying too much. We cannot have it both ways. We should either want to know everything or we should settle for the little "bits" that LE throws out occasionally. I guess my point is that we should lay off K & D. They are suffering and "there but by the grace of God, go I".

BBM It's not that they're saying too much, I believe it's what they're saying. In my opinion they're throwing Terri under the bus and I see no proof from them or LE.

:cow:

Do you think the third poly was last Saturday? The first poly do you guys think it was the 5th?

BBM It's not that they're saying too much, I believe it's what they're saying. In my opinion they're throwing Terri under the bus and I see no proof from them or LE.

I totally understand where you're coming from but I believe the proof is what LE is keeping under wraps until they can find Kyron.

I agree, Scandi. If someone is holding Kyron for TH, that someone is either very much indebted to her for some reason or possibly so much in love with her that they would do "anything" for her. One other reason could be that she paid them an exorbitant amount of money. There are no limits to what some people will do for money.

Maybe the people holding him were told a pack of lies and think they are "protecting" Kyron?

Maybe they are non-English speakers and don't watch mainstream news or read the papers? Remember the billboards?

Maybe they think they will have some kind of reward at the end of a specified time of keeping him?

In the long run, they may be victims as much as Kyron and Desiree and Kaine.
Or maybe he was handed off to someone who has sinister reasons for wanting him- perhaps a pedophile who was met in an Internet chat room, or on Facebook.

Just looking at all possibilities.

I'm trying to figure this out. Why would LE even issue the statement that they had nothing to do with these interviews by the family? They could have simply kept silent....after all, TH's attorney is not going to let her speak and I don't know if there are any tactics LE might use that could change that at this point.

Good cop, bad cop.

It looks to me like DY and KH are taking the role of the bad cop by applying pressure, making accusations, etc.

Then LE publicly distances themselves from DY and KH. They probably have one specific officer who is primarily the liaison between TMH and LE. This officer remains very sympathetic towards TMH, telling her that s/he believes TMH, that s/he thinks TMH is getting a raw deal, etc. That officer is taking the role of the good cop.

When this works, the suspect implicates themself or confesses to the good cop.

Many reasons why people fail polygraphs...medications and mental states come to mind immediately. But why would she go back for a 2nd only to walk out? What happened? I think we are once again missing part of the story. moo

Don't they usually tell you what they are going to ask before doing the test? Maybe she didn't like something that was on the test - perhaps something she felt wasn't relevant to Kyron's disappearance.

I wonder if one of the questions that Terri failed on the polygraph, was whether she had an accomplice.

I just remember at one of the press conferences, Kaine and Desiree were asked about an accomplice, and they both immediately looked at each other, there was a very long pause, and then Kaine stated they couldn't or wouldn't answer that question.

AS if they had been told NOT to answer that question, is how I took it.

IMHO... Failing two and walking out on one before you are even hooked up is unacceptable..
IMHO.. In reference to children missing and parents who refuse or don't want to cooperate since so many claim LDT's are not always accurate, waterboarding should be legal...JMO

I am glad that it is not legal.

Look at the problem with false confessions that we already have. If waterboarding were legal, the problem of false confessions would shoot up to the point where confessions would no longer be useful as evidence.

More pertinently, I am glad and proud to live in a country that forswears the use of torture on its civilians (obviously non-citizens are a shameful problem for the US). I don't want to live in a country where torture is legal; I have no interest in living in much of the Middle East, most of Africa, much of Asia, etc. Governments that condone torture tend to have little respect for human rights in other areas as well.

We just celebrated the Fourth of July! The birthdate of our country, a country founded on respect for human rights. Our record is not perfect (slavery, civil rights, Guantanamo Bay, etc) but we continue to strive to do better.

At one point in my life, I swore to uphold the constitution. Even though I am no longer in that position, I consider myself bound to that oath as a citizen of this country.

That oath is one I am proud to uphold. To me, it marks the bright line between civilisation and barbarianism.

better than the obvious alternative...just sayin'

But seriously. If these two parents truly believe that TH did something to their child, and it seems that they do, and if there's a some actual basis for their belief, which there appears to be...What else in the world can they do short of beating it out of her? I don't think THEY think they're throwing her under the bus. They seem quite genuine, concerned, desparate and angry. As I'm sure we all would be in their shoes.

Does it seem to you like they don't believe what they're saying, are looking for a scapegoat or whatever? I don't think they have to have *proof* to say they think she's responsible if they truly believe it and its got some basis (if not a strong basis) in reality. If fact, it's clear that at in their minds, SHE has the *proof* LE needs and they CAN'T get it until she talks. Kind of a chicken and egg scenario. jmoo

Sure hope that bus squashes the truth out of her, Kyrons mom and dad are devastated, "Prays for Kyron and Kyrons faimly"

I wonder if one of the questions that Terri failed on the polygraph, was whether she had an accomplice.

I just remember at one of the press conferences, Kaine and Desiree were asked about an accomplice, and they both immediately looked at each other, there was a very long pause, and then Kaine stated they couldn't or wouldn't answer that question.

AS if they had been told NOT to answer that question, is how I took it.

I noticed that look as well, Smart Blonde. My gut reaction to that was that they maybe have evidence that TH was having an affair (or some other relationship) and that person may be the accomplice. Whatever the reason, there was most assuredly a look pass between them. Maybe LE is trying to keep that person from knowing they are on their radar. Or trying to get that person to contact TH out of desperation.

Whenever a kid goes missing I do not think I immediately consider the family being involved. It is a shame to hear about family members doing stuff to kids- so no in this case I have to admit part of me hates to consider it. I had my final doubt this last week.

I have my reasons why I say I believe in the end they will find the SM had something to do with it. Involvement of some kind. Does it matter what I think? nope not in the slightest just venting my O - I guess I am just saying that is where I am putting my chips. Do I have anything against TH? Nope, don't know her or this family. I just think LE is looking in the best direction they have right now.

The DA has been wrapped up in $50,000 worth of something solid. Could it be the "plot" against KH? Ok, sure it could but they are getting ready to ask for more funds and extra prosecuters on this case according to the Oregonian. That I see as a sign are gearing up for action, not loosing hope.

Funding LE to search and find the bad guys in one thing, feeling the need to fund more prosecuters from the DA to go after what?? They have to have something to put prosecutors "on".

Thing is if this whole thing happened because of a bad marriage, or hate feelings, or unhappiness, or whatever between two or more adults...damn what a shame. Even more so if the kid is harmed or looses his life as sometimes happens when a trusted adult in their life goes astray. The unstability in this case is what worries me the most. Too much time passing and SM becomming even more barricaded.

Truth is a defense to slander. In other words, if everything they are saying about Terri is true, no slander.

Yep - but notice that they haven't said that she hurt him. We all need to keep in mind that if she did take Kyron, that doesn't necessarily mean she hurt him (or allowed anyone else to hurt him). It doesn't even mean that she took him with malicious intent.

IMO, that's one reason why they haven't arrested her for SOMETHING - because they're hoping that eventually she will lead them to Kyron.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya
Back