TH's polygraphs

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Everything pertaining to this situation seems like it's a "lure", not pressure anymore.
To me, and I am no expert, I think that it seems they are trying to "create" a false sense of a POI so the person(s) that is/are responsible for Kyron feel more laxed.

Thing is though, whomever was responsible for Kyron last (or took Kyron), what would they do once the "pressure" (from the inside, "conscious") was taken away from them and placed on another?

IF Terri is innocent and IF law enforcement knows that... then yes that makes sense that she would lie about it. But that is really the only situation that makes sense...and it also seems a bit obvious. The real perp would know she was innocent and would be suspicious as to why she failed a polygraph. They might think it WAS a lie. I think something like that might be risky.

I would think serving a search warrant, hauling her in for questioning, taking DNA, processing the vehicles, etc... without forcing media to leave...Misty/Casey type situation, would be more effective in getting a real perp to relax. Focusing on someone else without saying you have any real solid proof they did it. But seem convinced they did, so the perp does not think you are looking anywhere else. If that makes sense...

If law enforcement is actually looking at her as a person of interest...then only her really being asked to take a second polygraph seems to make sense to me. Lying about it would not serve her well.

I don't know... the whole thing reminds me a lot of the intentional media frenzy LE created in the Susan Smith case. It is all very confusing... and I will be very relieved if we ever do get the whole story.

Everything pertaining to this situation seems like it's a "lure", not pressure anymore.
To me, and I am no expert, I think that it seems they are trying to "create" a false sense of a POI so the person(s) that is/are responsible for Kyron feel more laxed.

Thing is though, whomever was responsible for Kyron last (or took Kyron), what would they do once the "pressure" (from the inside, "conscious") was taken away from them and placed on another?

Yeah, that's the thing ... if they wanted the person who really took Kyron (assuming he was taken) to relax, what does that mean? That they will try to move a body? What would they do with Terri feeling the heat that would betray the truth to LE? The lure theory just doesn't add up for me.

I would think serving a search warrant, hauling her in for questioning, taking DNA, processing the vehicles, etc... without forcing media to leave...Misty/Casey type situation, would be more effective in getting a real perp to relax. Focusing on someone else without saying you have any real solid proof they did it. But seem convinced they did, so the perp does not think you are looking anywhere else. If that makes sense...
True, very true. I honestly think that the public doubt can be a very effective measure as well.

You have to also think about the media circus that was involved with Casey Anthony and I believe that most media outlets learned a lesson in that, I would hope. Don't get me wrong, media was needed, but a lot of homeowners were outraged at helicopters and bystanders coming through their neighborhoods all night long. That could be an important factor here, dunno though.

I look at it this way as far as reliability...

Why would Terri say she was taking a 2nd polygraph if she wasn't? Plus complain about it? That does NOT make her look good. Maybe say that she didn't have to take one because she passed the first one... but lying about taking a second one doesn't make sense.

Jaiyme is childhood friend of Terri's, we know this. We also know that she was around the house, in the house immediately after Kyron disappeared. What motive would SHE have to make her good friend look badly?

Then finally, IF this was not true and it makes Terri look this bad... I find it hard to believe there wouldn't have been a statement issued correcting the statement. By the family, even if LE wouldn't discuss it. Because people thinking Terri may have failed a polygraph, will definite hurt the search for Kyron.

Then again, that's just the way my mind works. :waitasec:

I think you're probably right. But on the other hand, it could be that Terri has been telling her friend all this time that she passed a lie detector test (to boost her credibility), and then slipped and complained about being asked to take a lie detector test now. So now Terri would have to go along with a story that she's taking a second one.
Also, another scenario: Terri's friend makes things up.
And another: This person is not truly Terri's friend and is trying to make her look bad.
And another: The newspaper quoted her wrong.

I mean, I do think you're right. I'm just saying that at this point I don't necessarily believe stories coming from Terri, especially 4th hand.

Yeah, that's the thing ... if they wanted the person who really took Kyron (assuming he was taken) to relax, what does that mean? That they will try to move a body?

Possibly.

I live in a State where if your story doesn't add up you are immediately taken into questioning and sometimes held. Not the case here, for some reason. Maybe it's just this area that doesn't conduct affairs in this manner.

If the step mom has had such conflicting stories, believe you me, she would of been sitting in a room (here) since day 3 getting drilled.
That's not happening, and again could just be the area of the US that has better ethics in conducting manners like this.

The questionnaire part of this and the lie detector part of this (the lack of it really taking place and or failing it/walking out on it), to me, personally, are huge signs in what they are looking for.

That's why I feel this could be a lure.

I would like to know if everyone there the day Kyron went missing actually filled one out, again, the second time.

In the end, I could be totally wrong. I have never been good at picking up the right signals, and I don't enjoy books about mystery.

I just want this young man found, and brought home to the people that really care and love him.

I think she has been questioned repeatedly and that is what is her friend is alluding to in this article, in the "why don't they believe me" type comments...but LE has to have lots more than suspicion before going any further. What they really want, is a confession and to find out where Kyron can be found, whether from her or another possible suspect. Right now I think they are focusing on her, as they have not been able to rule her out.

Please review this thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107206"]*~* Welcome Members and Guests to Kyron's Forum *~* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Since WS is a victim friendly site, and we all have our thoughts and theories, I will not come out and say what seems the obvious about who is a suspect, but I do believe the friend of SM was put there to do damage control, and hey, it may have backfired on them. It's not like they know how to handle this volatile situation. I will say I have NEVER seen a questionnaire such as this go out before. And my opinion is if this is a ploy to get to the real perp, then the real perp is someone very close to SM.

I also think (in terms of a second polygraph)-if TH had been given medication the first few days.. ie tranquilizers, sedatives...that could have made the results of a polygraph questionable. I don't see anything sinister in requesting a second one if she had been 'tranked' the first few days. JMO

...but I do believe the friend of SM was put there to do damage control, and hey, it may have backfired on them. It's not like they know how to handle this volatile situation.
I agree with you. I think if it wasn't TH's idea for the friend to speak publicly then she at least had TH's blessing. They figured the friend's story would reinforce the fact that TH is cooperating with LE and let everyone know that she is an innocent person being treated unfairly by LE. Of course they figured wrong but I think it was a concerted attempt to repair her image.

The same friend Jamie was on Good Morning America this morning, they asked her about the polygraph she said yes she was scheduled to take it Saturday but Jamie does not know if she did or not.

The same friend Jamie was on Good Morning America this morning, they asked her about the polygraph she said yes she was scheduled to take it Saturday but Jamie does not know if she did or not.

:eek: I'm starting to lean towards Terri not agreeing with her talking. They appeared to talk daily, or even multiple times a day before. Even after Kyron went missing, if anything they talked more after because she was helping with everything. :waitasec:

I think that LE have certainly made it clear who their POI may be in so many words...and to me, IF that POI is the SM...I seriously doubt she's feeling too "laxed" about now.

:eek: I'm starting to lean towards Terri not agreeing with her talking. They appeared to talk daily, or even multiple times a day before. Even after Kyron went missing, if anything they talked more after because she was helping with everything. :waitasec:

If you watch the GMA video the friend says that Terri supports her speaking out to counter internet speculation.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/

Click on the "Sunday" tab and watch the "Kyron's Stepmom Gets Polygraph" video.

Very odd in the GMA video how her friend says Terri is frustrated with "the investigation pointing towards her" AND with the "internet blogging". Odd choice of words, "investigation pointing towards her", not just internet rumors....

Very odd in the GMA video how her friend says Terri is frustrated with "the investigation pointing towards her" AND with the "internet blogging". Odd choice of words, "investigation pointing towards her", not just internet rumors....
I just find it bizarre that someone who has a child missing is bothering to read internet blogs. Perhaps she should step away from the computer and go help find her stepson.

JMO

I just find it bizarre that someone who has a child missing is bothering to read internet blogs. Perhaps she should step away from the computer and go help find her stepson.

JMO

I'd be frustrated that my kid hadn't been found!!

Did the SM take a poly (a 2nd one)? Dunno. We may not find out for some time. LE is not going to tell us.

This is what happens when there's no actual news on a case. Every word uttered by everyone even slightly peripherally involved gets analyzed down to the butt lint level. Misinformation abounds and then people react to anything they hear or read and run with it. So many people are projecting what they'd do if they had a missing child, how they'd feel, what they'd say. Okay, but how exactly does that solve this case?

None of it tells us what happened THAT day and to THAT little boy. Oh sure I suppose someone can infer the SM's state of mind (or at least try to guess from the massive amounts of flotsam floating about), but it (the gossiping) doesn't solve the case.

Frankly I don't know why LE bothered to hold any press conferences at all. They haven't disclosed any real info, they don't need the public's opinions, the crime is contained to that one school, that one day, and the police obviously believe it's someone either close to or inside the family. The rest of it is a bunch of psychological games being played. No wonder the rumor mongers are having a field day.

There is nothing for anyone else to do, save actually FINDING Kyron at this point. I wish all the gossipers would join teams and do organized searches of every single square inch within that entire county, which would be something useful for a change, rather than playing a form of 'Clue' (it was Mrs. Plum in the LR with the wrench! Aha!)

I live outside Portland, during a newscast about day 2, it was reported that the family pet was missing as well. Does anyone else remember hearing that? I only caught it once.

If the SM didn't do this. I am going to feel really really bad awful actully. I really in my heart think she was the one but I have been known to be wrong and I am not there in this town or around this family so I have to go by what I feel and what I read ( and God knows that could be wrong as we have seen in this case already).

If I am wrong I will be the first to write a letter to the SM letting her know how sorry I am.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back