Tim Miller Interview re: Blanchard Search

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tim M has proven time and time again that he gets results in many cases

im not sure LP can say the same when it comes to this type of case

LP is probably not a bad guy at all...he just should have stayed out of this case from the GET GO

LaLaw, Landry v A Able Bonding Inc.
#94 41329
U.S. Court of Appeals
5th Circuit

75F.3d200

I wonder what would have happened if the 7,000 who were expected had actually shown up?

This is what I don't understand. If TM was expecting so many more volunteers than actually came, why was there such a food and water shortage? Does TM and TES normally supply food and water for the searchers or does TES only cover lodging and expenses of the TES people? I am not trying to be snarky, just really unaware of what would happen normally. :confused:

Wouldn't it be great if TES did find something damning enough to stick it to Casey, and Tim and Leonard plan this whole drama out just to show Casey that she is not the Queen of half-truths.
Last night, when Tim called the search off, I did cry like many, but then, I thought about it long and hard and chose to allow my heart to believe that just maybe something was found that will break this case wide open. I find it odd that they pulled out early, and I find it odd that with all the great things LP has said about Tim, that he would totally go against him today and do this.
Maybe I am grasping at straws here, but just maybe this is clearly a payback to the witch who took this child's life.
I can't say I would agree that hurting so many people to prove to one family that you came to do a job, and with or without your help, we will find her, but that is what the Anthony's has accused both of them of, a media circus, so why not let them have one with the one thing that the Anthonys don't have which is proof.

Oh come on! It wouldn't have mattered if LP was involved or not it STILL would have been a media circus. I am sorry but Tim Miller did not have to go on full blast like that. People have seen Nancy Graces show and have wanted to donate. Leanord praised Tim on that show and even said that he was getting phone calls from people who wanted to search and that it was b/c of Nancy covering the story. I'm sorry but I have no respect for someone who is going to bash the people that have done nothing but help out his team. And what the hell did Nancy Grace ever to do to Tim Miller? I mean serioulsy here. I just think him bashing LP like that when LP has praised that man was completley out of line.

No part of the search that was conducted by Tim ever became a media circus. Tim is a true gentleman, very soft-spoken and rarely says anything that doesn't need to be said. For him to go off like he did on LP tells me that, as bad as LP looks already, there's even more to the story.

Tim makes it a point NEVER to release information about any search to the public, and for good reason. Here we have LP telling every reporter and internet blogger he can find all about the cross and what he thinks it means. That was a total disrespect of Tim and of what Equuasearch stands for, and why did LP do it? For the media attention. Exactly what Tim did NOT want.

Sure, LP supported Tim on NG, he frequently brought up Tim's name - 'ask my good friend Tim' or 'Tim will tell you'. You never saw Tim do that, probably because he was not appreciative of the way LP so forcefully interjected himself into the search effort and turned it all into a crazy public spectacle.

LP has not "done nothing but help" Tim's team. He's turned the search into a full-fledged media event and has destroyed the good reputation Tim has worked so hard to earn over the years. Suddenly we have people who have always held Tim in the highest esteem criticizing him and attacking his judgment. All thanks to LP who made outrageous promises that Tim was unable to keep.

Tim never would have taunted the Anthonys by announcing that he would be holding a memorial service for the child they don't believe is gone. LP is totally responsible for the fiasco with the Anthonys today and Tim saw it all coming. That is why he high-tailed it out of town. Tim is a man of integrity. LP.....not so much.

IMO.

Just came back in and saw your question, ExpectingUnicorns.

You ask why I think LP's independent search is an injection on the TES search.

The answer to that question is that Tim Miller and TES had already decided to come search for Caylee again. Then LP inserted himself into it by talking to Tim and wanting to join up with him. Tim goes about his business of searching in a quiet, methodical manner. LP is all about the hype and media.

LP could have done his own search just as he has today. At least he did wait until after Tim announced that the TES search would be suspended after today. LP can stay and go for it, IMO. I just wish that he would not make a circus out of it. He was on Nancy Grace one night just certain that Casey had disposed of Caylee in a dumpster. LP makes all kinds of assertions one day, then totally different ones the next day. No doubt we will hear several more scenarios out of him. I just do not care for LP, nor do I trust him. My right and my opinion. LP and Tim Miller are as different as night and day, IMO.

I hate to get into comparing the personalities of TM and LP because they are both helping to find Caylee. But I must point out that if, as you said, TM's methods were "quiet" he would have never had the number of volunteers that showed up. I was there and am and not being mean but can honestly question about how "methodical" the search was organized.

You even said LP did it on his own search day.

Do you think LP stepped on TM's toes? How?

Oh, poop. It doesn't even matter. I love both TM and LP. I should not feel I have to defend either one of them.

LP was brought in by the defense. They inserted him into the case, he didn't just ride in on his horse. TM and LP have different styles, both are human, both care about Caylee and want to find her. Neither are perfect and have their strengths and weaknesses, opinions and theories, just like we all do. I like them both and appreciate their efforts in trying to find Caylee, that's ALL that matters to me. Casey has made a circus out of this, I'll put the blame where I believe it belongs, thank you. Right smack in the middle of Casey's lap.

LP has gone out of his way on Nancy Grace to support TES. Over & over & over he's said Tim is amazing and has the best search organization, etc. He repeatedly told viewers to send money to Nancy for forwarding to Tim.

I'm sorry but I think Tim was out of line with his nasty comments about LP today. LP wanted to search the darned river. So what. What if something would've been found despite the sonor check.

How did LP do this for publicity? He's got enough. He's on Nancy each night. This river search surely didn't add any more to that. He was already at the sites being interviewed, etc. And for Tim to say he won't be on Nancy's show because it's a circus merely because LP is on for about 3 minutes out of the hour? oh boy.

Tim went overboard with his comments IMO. Actually, if one wanted to go to that level, one could accuse TIM of collecting monies off this case - putting in his 1.5 day appearance to make it look good - then bail.

(Note: I have donated monies to TES so yes, I've been a big fan of the company)... But today I'm having issues. I do believe LP has his heart in the right place.

AGREED. :clap:

LP was brought in by the defense. They inserted him into the case, he didn't just ride in on his horse. TM and LP have different styles, both are human, both care about Caylee and want to find her. Neither are perfect and have their strengths and weaknesses, opinions and theories, just like we all do. I like them both and appreciate their efforts in trying to find Caylee, that's ALL that matters to me. Casey has made a circus out of this, I'll put the blame where I believe it belongs, thank you. Right smack in the middle of Casey's lap.

That's the ironic truth!
And I often forget about this-- but for all those who are concerned that LP is trying to "cash in"--- his current role is probably not very good for his bail bond business??

And I very much agree, Pondering Mind, IMO all the blame and anger should be directed where it belongs: Casey.:furious:

I could be remembering wrong, but didn't LP refuse to say who it was that 'brought' him into this case? Perhaps it was the defense. If so, I'm sure they regret that action, just like Tim Miller regrets his association with LP.

I don't understand why anyone would be upset about someone else searching if they so choose to do so and it is on their own dime. None of us know for a fact where Caylee is. Why not let the people who have the resources, the heart, and the time rule out as may areas as possible, even if nothing is found? Who is it hurting??!!

You are so right - TraceyLeigh .. LP is paying for it and if he thinks that he can find her - who is it hurting ..

LP isn't going to interfere with donations to TES .. so I don't know
what is bothering TM ..

JMOO

I could be remembering wrong, but didn't LP refuse to say who it was that 'brought' him into this case? Perhaps it was the defense. If so, I'm sure they regret that action, just like Tim Miller regrets his association with LP.

Just curious Chilly, I haven't heard that T. Millers reputation was destroyed, where did that info come from? FWIW, the post that I read yesterday were about Tim's sudden announcement to up and leave suddenly and you blame LP for that too? That's not giving T. Miller much credit IMO, even if he was aware and disagreed with LP, do you believe that would be a reason for him to say, nope, can't just ignore LP, forget about Caylee, I'm leaving? I give Tim more credit than that. Who else besides the defense would have brought LP into the case? Either way, they could have said no thanks.

I just really feel let down by TM. Again he leaves. Personally I am glad that LP is staying to search for her. I will think seriously about whether or not I would donate again. What happened to staying there until the baby is found? Also, I stopped watching NG for good the night she was so rude to TM. He was out of line for making those comments about LP. Fine if he doesn't want to search anymore....but WHY in the he!! bash someone who is??

How has LP lied? He has just voiced his opinion like everyone else. If LP is not searching where TES is searching, I don't get it because TES hasn't found her either. A lot of places to search. At least LP is searching. IMO There is only one person that knows where Caylee is and she's not searching. So who's the bad guy here?

Maybe they don't understand there are a LOT of people searching who are not searching with TES. Some choose not to because they preferred to search areas they had researched prior. Some because they had their own resources and groups. Some because they want to search with their own group of experienced searchers. We met LE search/rescue teams from 5 different states which were not searching with TES.

I am with a group which has many years experience in successful searches and choose not to search with less experienced searchers. We cover terrains which someone not experienced and in good physical shape could not navigate for any length of time. Second, we run dogs and there can be a risk to our dogs with persons not experienced.

So although, TES is the best known name, there are a LOT of other searchers out there trying to find that baby.

Sonar should have picked up either/or.

Sonar doesn't really work that way. It can't read through mud and silt like that river is full of. It will pick up the bottom terrain but someone has to get in that water and check when there is a "find".

Not being snarky here, but LP has been about media attention throughout this whole thing. He runs his mouth when he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about.

bolded mine
Makes me wonder why he and the A's don't get along better, with so much in common!

I can't help but think that there is more to this than we are privy to. Tim is a very closemouthed guy and for him to make a statement like he did about LP something serious that we don't know about must have happened. Tim has never seemed like a drama seeker to me, but I cannot say the same about my impression of LP.

As far as the whole TES search being called off, they are a professional organization with an excellent track record. In light of that, I have to think that they have compelling reasons not to continue the search, and I don't think it has jack to do with the Anthony's OR LP. I think it was a professional call based on years of experience.

Sonar doesn't really work that way. It can't read through mud and silt like that river is full of. It will pick up the bottom terrain but someone has to get in that water and check when there is a "find".

Hi turbo! So based on what you know of sonar, does it seem reasonable that although Tim's sonar did not "pick up on anything" and he does not think she is there that there is still a possibility that she IS in fact there and would not have been "seen" due to the silty conditions in the water? And did anyone on the sonar ride get in that water and check when there was a find that you know of or have heard since you have been on the scene?

^ Turbothink is right. I had just called my uncle and had been asking him about this since he has some sonar equipment on his boat for fishing. He said that if something were sunk into the silt the sonar would not pick it up. He also said that up to a foot or so of silt can cover an object in just a few days and even more so after a storm where the river floods and runs faster.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back