Tim Miller Talks to Websleuths--

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, friends, there is no reason to defend LP, but I completely understand why some of you felt you should--it was because of my last sentence in the message above. I'm so sorry. I was trying (and failing) to make a joke about myself when I wrote that sentence.

If you re-read the entire message, you'll see that throughout it, I was the "over-protective worrier." In my last sentence, I was making fun of my own horrified alarm at the thought that Tim would encounter Leonard again or other bounty hunters. We all know that their last "collaborative effort" at JB Park landed Tim in the hospital with severe complications from several bleeding ulcers, so I would naturally freak out--and that's what I was joking about.

However, as I said in a subsequent message, Tim has been "soldiering on" since he was 6 months old; he'll do whatever needs to be done this time, too.

From my point of view, LP and Tim are simply two men with wildly different attitudes and philosophies about searching for the missing or dead. Let's leave it right there, please, so that we can all enjoy participating in this thread. Okay?

And again I apologize for my inadvertent role in upsetting the friendly, cordial atmosphere in this thread.

Friday:
I saw where you were coming from--you are a person who cares for him--He does look weathered but not beaten---they are two different personalities--I don't think Tim is after the media attention--his only goal appears to find the lost and missing---try to balance a horrid nightmare---He truly is a gentleman

while LP---he is the cowboy ....he is a personality--he does have a heart and passion but sometimes its lost on the media attenion he craves.

Both of them are good---but they are different ---thanks for sharing...

Snipped from my last message:

"From my point of view, LP and Tim are simply two men with wildly different attitudes and philosophies about searching for the missing or dead. Let's leave it right there, please, so that we can all enjoy participating in this thread. Okay? Better yet, since I started this thread in order to communicate with you about TES and Tim, I would like to ask that no mention of LP be made here again."

Can we agree to that?

"From my point of view, LP and Tim are simply two men with wildly different attitudes and philosophies about searching for the missing or dead. Let's leave it right there, please, so that we can all enjoy participating in this thread. Okay? Better yet, since I started this thread in order to communicate with you about TES and Tim, I would like to ask that no mention of LP be made here again."

Can we agree to that?

if it matters at all---works for me...it does say "TIM MILLER"....

However, would also thank you for all the updates on Tim....

Can we agree to that?

Excellent post. I understood where you were coming from. And yes, to your request this is Tim thread.

Such a sweet message, and so true, too. :)

I forget sometimes that Tim has been "soldiering" his way through life from the time he was six months old (when his mother put him in a dresser drawer, tucked his brother in bed, lit the house on fire, and left them.) Then came the series of foster homes and unspeakable abuses--and then, finally, foster parents who loved him and taught him about right and wrong and ethics. Oh, wow. I have really digressed.

Anyway thanks to all of you for being the people you are.

Thanks to Tim Miller for the person he is. Thanks to you also for sharing this. I understand even more now Tims emotions in his search for Caylee.He was so drained from it,now I understand.

Yes it is beatiful & I would love to see it framed & given to Tim.
Great job sundance.

Thanks, to all who commented. I feel like I just put into words what everyone was feeling, at least I hope I did. And I hope that Tim does get to see this.

The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines the word Hero, in part, as:

he-ro [heer-oh] –noun, plural – roes
1. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal

And technically speaking, this is correct. But sometimes words just aren't enough. Because sometimes words can't demonstrate the emotions that can live behind a word.

Sometimes I see what the words can't describe, and the mind instantly recognizes - I see the feeling I have that is, to me, the very essence of what it means to be an American.

I see A Hero.

I see the feeling I got when I watched the coverage of the crash of Air Florida 90 into the ice-filled Potomac River; watched a helicopter pull a woman through the air seemingly to the safety of the shore; watched in horror as her strength gave out and she fell back into the water and floundered amid the chunks of ice mere yards from the bank; watched horrified this woman whose certain death was only minutes away; watched as Lenny Sputnik dove into the icy waters to save her without a thought for his own safety.

I see the feeling I got during the aftermath of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City - a weary fireman leaving the bombing site after 16 hours, exhausted, cold, wet, and silent, so silent.

A faceless voice calls out as he approaches the barricade, and you can see the question as it drifts into his thoughts and settles over his weary features:

"What do you guys need in there?"

The fireman slows only slightly, and his voice is raspy and tired as he responds -

"Raingear, blankets, dry socks..."

Within 30 minutes a line of headlights as far as you could see stacked up in the cold drizzle. The cars slowly passed by, the occupants tossing out blankets, socks, clothes, towels, flashlights... and over and over I heard them say in humble voices "God Bless You".

A local merchant emptied his shelves of raincoats, slickers, parkas, boots, and when the shelves were empty, chartered a special delivery truckload of more to be brought in. To give away.

I see the feeling I got when I watched an OKC fireman emerge from the rubble of the Murrah Federal building with a tattered and torn US flag and hoist it by crane to fly high over the bomb site.

I see the feeling I got when men mounted on horseback rode down the ridge at Klamath Basin flying US flags to the sound of bugles, and I see the feeling I got when the crowd started singing God Bless America as they approached.

I see the feeling I got watching yet another fireman climb to the top of the rubble that used to be the Twin Towers and plant the flag there in defiance.

When I look at pictures of Tim Miller, with his worn and weathered face and exhausted eyes that have seen way too much, I see this same feeling.

I see A Hero.

And so, for our purposes here, today, and yesterday and even tomorrow, I would like to add the following annotation to that definition.

1. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal

hunk7l.jpg

God bless you and keep you Tim Miller, and all of the brave and tireless volunteers with TES.

God Bless.

Sundance
2009 0211

Perfect.

Friday,
Have you had any update from Tim & his team? Please let him know we are all here, praying for the team that Haleigh be found safe.

Please God, let Tim walk out with that dear child in his loving arms. We want to see Haleigh run, play, trade valentines with her friends, hunt for Easter Eggs with her family.

I also hope Tim has seen Sundance's message, it is just beautiful. I hope it can be sent to TES website & published there.

Sundance, thank you for your beautiful words. PLEASE send it to Barbie Tarr at TES website. It is a perfect place for your words.

Tim Miller is a person who would give his last penny to anyone that needed it. What he does is from the heart. You only have to look into Tim's eyes to see the pain he has endured in his life. His daughter would be so very proud of her father. I know I am!

Excellent post, Sundance!! You did capture the feelings of our heartfelt gratitude for Tim, for everything he has accomplished, and the plights of the missing he will take upon himself in the future. His photo does belong in the dictionary next to Hero. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

The Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary defines the word Hero, in part, as:

And technically speaking, this is correct. But sometimes words just aren't enough. Because sometimes words can't demonstrate the emotions that can live behind a word.

Sometimes I see what the words can't describe, and the mind instantly recognizes - I see the feeling I have that is, to me, the very essence of what it means to be an American.

I see A Hero.

I see the feeling I got when I watched the coverage of the crash of Air Florida 90 into the ice-filled Potomac River; watched a helicopter pull a woman through the air seemingly to the safety of the shore; watched in horror as her strength gave out and she fell back into the water and floundered amid the chunks of ice mere yards from the bank; watched horrified this woman whose certain death was only minutes away; watched as Lenny Sputnik dove into the icy waters to save her without a thought for his own safety.

I see the feeling I got during the aftermath of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City - a weary fireman leaving the bombing site after 16 hours, exhausted, cold, wet, and silent, so silent.

A faceless voice calls out as he approaches the barricade, and you can see the question as it drifts into his thoughts and settles over his weary features:

"What do you guys need in there?"

The fireman slows only slightly, and his voice is raspy and tired as he responds -

"Raingear, blankets, dry socks..."

Within 30 minutes a line of headlights as far as you could see stacked up in the cold drizzle. The cars slowly passed by, the occupants tossing out blankets, socks, clothes, towels, flashlights... and over and over I heard them say in humble voices "God Bless You".

A local merchant emptied his shelves of raincoats, slickers, parkas, boots, and when the shelves were empty, chartered a special delivery truckload of more to be brought in. To give away.

I see the feeling I got when I watched an OKC fireman emerge from the rubble of the Murrah Federal building with a tattered and torn US flag and hoist it by crane to fly high over the bomb site.

I see the feeling I got when men mounted on horseback rode down the ridge at Klamath Basin flying US flags to the sound of bugles, and I see the feeling I got when the crowd started singing God Bless America as they approached.

I see the feeling I got watching yet another fireman climb to the top of the rubble that used to be the Twin Towers and plant the flag there in defiance.

When I look at pictures of Tim Miller, with his worn and weathered face and exhausted eyes that have seen way too much, I see this same feeling.

I see A Hero.

And so, for our purposes here, today, and yesterday and even tomorrow, I would like to add the following annotation to that definition.

hunk7l.jpg

God bless you and keep you Tim Miller, and all of the brave and tireless volunteers with TES.

God Bless.

Sundance
2009 0211

I'm e-mailing Tim a link so he can see it here, Sundance. :) I'd also like you to e-mail it, as suggested, to Barb at TES.

Tim Miller is a person who would give his last penny to anyone that needed it.

LOL, I think he's already done that.

What he does is from the heart. You only have to look into Tim's eyes to see the pain he has endured in his life. His daughter would be so very proud of her father.

I always envision Laura smiling down on him, holding her baby brother in her arms. Maybe she's holding Caylee's hand, too.

I would like to see TM get so many donations that he can buy equipment for and develop regional teams of TES. I've done the best I can to help that happen. I hope everyone does.

Thanks for all the TM and TES updates. I think donating to TES in Caylee's honor is a good idea.

Several wonderful WSleuths from this board noticed an obscure post on another site from a person who claimed to have embedded himself among the searchers for Haleigh Cummings and was secretly taking photographs which he plans to post. As TES searchers all know, it is strictly forbidden to take photographs during a search.

These Sleuths/TES searchers tracked the source of the post to a reporter for the Gainsville Sun and then notified TES.

Tim is, of course, furious. He asked me to thank all of you for discovering and reporting the problem and the source of it to TES.
He is now so angry that he said there will not be another interview for the Gainsville Sun with him, and furthermore in his debriefing with LE at 4PM today, he is going to urge LE to follow suit!"

Why does life always have to be so complicated? <weary smile>

Anyway, on behalf of Tim and TES, heartfelt thanks for your loyalty and concern. I can't remember all the Sleuths who got involved and helped in this, but please step forward with a post here and take a little bow, so we can applaud.

You people are really terrific.

Several wonderful WSleuths from this board noticed an obscure post on another site from a person who claimed to have embedded himself among the searchers for Haleigh Cummings and was secretly taking photographs which he plans to post. As TES searchers all know, it is strictly forbidden to take photographs during a search.

These Sleuths/TES searchers tracked the source of the post to a reporter for the Gainsville Sun and then notified TES.

Tim is, of course, furious. He asked me to thank all of you for discovering and reporting the problem and the source of it to TES.
He is now so angry that he said there will not be another interview for the Gainsville Sun with him, and furthermore in his debriefing with LE at 4PM today, he is going to urge LE to follow suit!"

Why does life always have to be so complicated? <weary smile>

Anyway, on behalf of Tim and TES, heartfelt thanks for your loyalty and concern. I can't remember all the Sleuths who got involved and helped in this, but please step forward with a post here and take a little bow, so we can applaud.

You people are really terrific.

There were a lot. I first noticed a post by GrannyL, then I contacted a couple posters who were on line that are also TES members. The ones I contacted have not posted publically about it so I wont give their names.

I would LOVE for the person to be interviewed live. I want them asked if this were their child would they want pictures taken, events reported so the public might learn something before the family. It is shameful this person put getting a story or out scooping someone before the needs of a child or the family. SHAME ON THEM. If someone will give me the name, I will write their editor & let them know how under handed this is. I hope he/she gets thousands of letters in protest.
Thanks again for keeping us updated Friday. Give Tim & crew all the WS love & prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333