Tire Tracks, Shoe Prints and DJH's cars

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agreed. But if the tire tracks and perp footprints in 1989 were not enough.....why are they so pertinent now? Why were the images of these released now and not prior?

Part of what LE is not sharing with us. And because they ruled out a car being involved and now appear to have changed their position based on the former FBI agents book, ELOC's book and mounting evidence.

And then they need to prove that DH was driving his car and wearing his shoes, and not someone else. Even if they had the car today and Jacob's DNA in it. I don't think they are going to prove that. Need to find Jacob.

Ah, but you can prove who was wearing a particular pair of shoes. Not only would they not weight exactly the same, they would walk with a different stride, pitch and straddle. No two people walk exactly the same, even wearing the same pair of shoes. It is about as identifying as finger prints and stands up in court.

Ah, but you can prove who was wearing a particular pair of shoes. Not only would they not weight exactly the same, they would walk with a different stride, pitch and straddle. No two people walk exactly the same, even wearing the same pair of shoes. It is about as identifying as finger prints and stands up in court.

26 years later a lot has changed with his stride. Maybe now he has bad knees. Different weight. Back injury that makes him walk differently.

I can't believe with LE and even the newspaper being shown the tracks that it was not of huge interest. It is like a big cloak was put over everyone's eyes so they could not see.

Kind of like with gravity. It was there to see but if Newton's apple is true, his eyes had the veils removed. It seems the same here.

26 years later a lot has changed with his stride. Maybe now he has bad knees. Different weight. Back injury that makes him walk differently.

I can't believe with LE and even the newspaper being shown the tracks that it was not of huge interest. It is like a big cloak was put over everyone's eyes so they could not see.

Kind of like with gravity. It was there to see but if Newton's apple is true, his eyes had the veils removed. It seems the same here.

OK...I will elaborate a bit and risk the ire of my fellow trackers in releasing "tricks of the trade". If a person walks a particular way, they wear out the soles of their footwear a particular way. That is their foot print "finger print". If a pair of footwear from a particular individual from a particular point in time can be obtained, they can be compared to a suspect pair of footwear and the indicators can be mapped and compared. A few other factors come into play, but for someone trained in this particular skill set, it's not an issue as they take into account somewhere around 100+ other indicators from the suspect footwear, casts, photographs and comparison footwear. This is how we tell one individual's prints from one or more individuals prints when they are all wearing the same type of footwear, such a prison inmates, group home children etc...

OK...I will elaborate a bit and risk the ire of my fellow trackers in releasing "tricks of the trade". If a person walks a particular way, they wear out the soles of their footwear a particular way. That is their foot print "finger print". If a pair of footwear from a particular individual from a particular point in time can be obtained, they can be compared to a suspect pair of footwear and the indicators can be mapped and compared. A few other factors come into play, but for someone trained in this particular skill set, it's not an issue as they take into account somewhere around 100+ other indicators from the suspect footwear, casts, photographs and comparison footwear. This is how we tell one individual's prints from one or more individuals prints when they are all wearing the same type of footwear, such a prison inmates, group home children etc...

Of course. But is there any info on that re DJH? And today his footprint would be totally different because the aging process changes all of us.

Not saying DH has had any type of surgery because I have never heard he had, but, for example, a person with a knee or hip replacement would not have the same footprint as before a surgery, no matter how good the surgeon. Even a person with bad knees would not walk the same as when he was in his prime.

After Kevin’s admission, Stearns County shifted their focus to finding a kidnapper on foot but Ebben believes the evidence shows there were two sets of tire tracks left in the driveway that night.

He checked tire measurements on Kevin’s Grand Prix with Heinrich’s Ford EXP and found the tracks didn’t match and one car was wider. So, why rule out both sets of tires?

“It doesn’t make any sense that his presence explains anything actually,” Ebben said, talking about Kevin’s presence.

“That’s why I don’t understand how do you eliminate a Ford EXP knowing that’s the spacing. How do you eliminate that car with a bigger car?” He asks.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...terling/?cid=facebook_WCCO-TV_|_CBS_Minnesota

After Kevin’s admission, Stearns County shifted their focus to finding a kidnapper on foot but Ebben believes the evidence shows there were two sets of tire tracks left in the driveway that night.

He checked tire measurements on Kevin’s Grand Prix with Heinrich’s Ford EXP and found the tracks didn’t match and one car was wider. So, why rule out both sets of tires?

“It doesn’t make any sense that his presence explains anything actually,” Ebben said, talking about Kevin’s presence.

“That’s why I don’t understand how do you eliminate a Ford EXP knowing that’s the spacing. How do you eliminate that car with a bigger car?” He asks.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/...terling/?cid=facebook_WCCO-TV_|_CBS_Minnesota

Ebben asked the million dollar question.

CASAREZ: To Sheriff John Sanner from Sterns County Sheriffs Office joining us from St. Joseph, Missouri. I assume that their bikes and the scooter was taken into evidence at that time. Were there any footprints that were preserved from the area?

VOICE OF JOHN SANNER, STEARNS COUNTY SHERIFF: Yes. We were able to capture at least one footprint that we believe belonged to Jacob Wetterling.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/28/ng.01.html

What about the other footprint that we're seeing now?

CASAREZ: To Sheriff John Sanner from Sterns County Sheriffs Office joining us from St. Joseph, Missouri. I assume that their bikes and the scooter was taken into evidence at that time. Were there any footprints that were preserved from the area?

VOICE OF JOHN SANNER, STEARNS COUNTY SHERIFF: Yes. We were able to capture at least one footprint that we believe belonged to Jacob Wetterling.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/28/ng.01.html

What about the other footprint that we're seeing now?

Pure incompetance by local le

Lets all dive back in and analyze the evidence currently out there, three cars or one?

Three cars traversed the entire driveway on October 22, 1989 as according to witness DR. So far we have seen a picture of a driveway, if you asked me at the moment, shows for sure one set of tire tracks. Did kevin perfectly drive over the other 2? that is impossible due to different widths of tires. LE has not separated kevins tire track from heinrichs tire track yet. LE has not shown us the monte carlos tire tracks at all, where is it? The one that viciously spun out near the house that day, odd right? The other two cars couldn't possible dissolve all that away. All we have right now is a picture showing one set of tire tracks with now a new footprint and one that is said to be Jacobs. We don't know how the new footprint coincides with Jacobs last footprint, were they near each other? We basically know nothing and LE knows everything at the moment.

We know all three cars traversed the entire driveway because DR saw the monte carlo do it, then he saw heinrichs small blue car do it, then Kevin told us he also drove all the way into the building site and turned around.

So we haven't seen more than one pair of tire tracks despite there being three cars. When will we be able to see and distinguish kevins tire track from heinrichs tire track? With the new footprint alleging or confirmed to be heinrichs, where is that footprint located on the driveway? Is there more than one? Probably best to just keep publicly asking questions I'm thinking.

So we haven't seen more than one pair of tire tracks despite there being three cars. When will we be able to see and distinguish kevins tire track from heinrichs tire track? With the new footprint alleging or confirmed to be heinrichs, where is that footprint located on the driveway? Is there more than one? Probably best to just keep publicly asking questions I'm thinking.

From what pictures I have seen, including the one with the stop and start, there are other tire prints. What tends to throw people off looking at photographs is a) The image does not translate well into 3D that you would experience looking at them in person. b) Depending on light and light angle, some indicators in prints or tire tracks may not be visible or may be exaggerated. c) Sometimes one wheel is up on the grass while the other is in the road. The one in the grass may not be noticed after the blades stand up again, and being on a harder surface, may not leave much of an impression, while the other in the softer dirt will.

Even at this point in the game, we still do not have all the pictures of the crime scene. I suspect there is a lot more that could be determined from a comprehensive evaluation of the photographs (depending on how many were taken), the plaster casts and investigator notes. If we had those pictures, figuring out if there is a set of Monty Carlo tracks should not be too difficult.

From what pictures I have seen, including the one with the stop and start, there are other tire prints. What tends to throw people off looking at photographs is a) The image does not translate well into 3D that you would experience looking at them in person. b) Depending on light and light angle, some indicators in prints or tire tracks may not be visible or may be exaggerated. c) Sometimes one wheel is up on the grass while the other is in the road. The one in the grass may not be noticed after the blades stand up again, and being on a harder surface, may not leave much of an impression, while the other in the softer dirt will.

Even at this point in the game, we still do not have all the pictures of the crime scene. I suspect there is a lot more that could be determined from a comprehensive evaluation of the photographs (depending on how many were taken), the plaster casts and investigator notes. If we had those pictures, figuring out if there is a set of Monty Carlo tracks should not be too difficult.

That would be new to me if you could confirm 2 different tread patterns on the driveway. Based on current photos, could you point out the two different tracks you are seeing for us?

We found Kevin, DR, and Heinrich. Yet we still aren't privileged enough to see the driveway as LE has seen it for 26 years. What is the secret? What can't we see and why?

We found Kevin, DR, and Heinrich. Yet we still aren't privileged enough to see the driveway as LE has seen it for 26 years. What is the secret? What can't we see and why?

a. Nothing forces them to share information with the public, including armchair detectives.
b. They are protecting evidence until presented at trial (at some future date).
c. Covering the fact they made some basic errors in examining the evidence.
d. They named the wrong person a POI.
e. They did not consult experts in forensics to evaluate the evidence, or they disregarded their advice/findings.
f. They contaminated the evidence field by walking and driving over it and allowing others to do the same.
g. They are covering for one or more individuals.
h. They are limiting their legal exposure expecting a lawsuit from one or more parties.
i. Concern about being vilified in the media for one or more of the above, aka career/legacy destroyer.
j. Arrogance (an insulting way of thinking or behaving that comes from believing that you are better, smarter, or more important than other people).
k. Any combination of or all of the above.

a. Nothing forces them to share information with the public, including armchair detectives.
e. They did not consult experts in forensics to evaluate the evidence, or they disregarded their advice/findings.
f. They contaminated the evidence field by walking and driving over it and allowing others to do the same.
h. They are limiting their legal exposure expecting a lawsuit from one or more parties.
i. Concern about being vilified in the media for one or more of the above, aka career/legacy destroyer.
j. Arrogance (an insulting way of thinking or behaving that comes from believing that you are better, smarter, or more important than other people).

I like A and B but I strongly disagree against the rest. Thank you.

I would say most of the above.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cavalluccicheryl
Back