Titanic tourist sub goes missing in Atlantic Ocean, June 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I was not quite sure how to do it. All I could think of was "Shave and A Haircut, Ten Cents".
Sorry (trying to lighten the moment)
How old ARE you?!!!

I'm approaching 70 and even when I was a kid, it was "Shave and a haircut: two bits!" (Or $.25 not $.10!)

(I am kidding. It works either way.)

I wondered about that myself and asked upthread if the banging was in morse code or not. I haven't seen anything saying it was. It should be IMO! That's not a random banging noise.
I know that the banging or tapping every thirty minutes is customary when diving, etc., so I would think they would have some emergency code or way to communicate. It's just not logical to me that they wouldn't. I'm sure they're not releasing everything!

Am I wrong to think that these submersibles should have an interior exit option or is there no way to have that? Clearly I am uneducated about this.
I actually had no idea that this was a strange thing. I thought submarines went this deep. This is all new to me.

In any event, it seems one of these submersibles does. But of course it only opens at the surface.

Here is some information I found on a maritime blog. According to it, international waters are not ruled by any particular country. It is where the vessel is registered that takes precedence in any law matters/rules regarding that particular vessel. I didn't think my country of Canada would have to take responsibility for the submersible,and that is indeed the case, being it is almost 400 miles from our coast. I don't know financially who pays what though!

UPDATE: Having said that re. Canada, we did supply a Canadian expedition ship, the M.V. Polar Prince, which helped deploy the Titan in the ocean.

Last edited:
Alan Estrada, a Mexican actor who took the tour last year, said in a interview that there were in fact what could be some kind of anti anx or something aboard
He refers just to some syringes aboard, in case someone went nuts. "Se pusiera loco" his exact words.
Thank you, that answers my question. I felt like they had to have something because someone could completely flip out while panicking.

Is anyone else unable to sleep thinking of these poor, lost souls? I just keep staring at the ceiling, praying, hoping, and trying not to entertain any negative scenarios.
Me. My anxiety is through the roof thinking about all of them. I'm praying they're alive and trying not to lose hope. I have to tell myself to keep breathing at times. I can't imagine what they've been through except the all the worst things possible.

ETA: More vessels headed to the same point.

Can anyone help to look into this or validate the claims? I know nothing about this type of rescue, and also am working so very little time to do any useful research. But wanted to share in case it is a significant development.

I think they have deployed all vessels to the area where they think the most recent noises came from.

There is a timeline in this article that shows that during mid-Wednesday they were deploying all vessels to an area where .... "further banging noises are heard as all available search assets are redirected to that area".

A deep-sea explorer, David Gallo, says that it will take hours to bring the submersible up when they find it, that they need to make some assumptions, get everyone to the spot, and go down looking with the intent to rescue right away.....

“We have to, at this point, assume that that’s the submarine and move quickly to that spot, locate it and get robots down there to verify that is where the submarine is.
“They’ve got to go fully ready as if that was the sub because it takes a while to locate it and get it up to the surface, it takes hours.”

A ray of hope, published by the Daily Mail, dateline updated several minutes ago at 3:05 EST

The great final hope is French research vessel L'Atalante, which arrived in the search zone around 2am this morning. It is carrying the Victor 6000 - a robot sub that can reach depths of 20,000ft.
It has arms that can cut cables - or dislodge a trapped or stranded vessel - and may be able to fix a cable onto the sub before it is hauled to the surface by a giant winch called a Flyaway Deep Ocean Salvage System. One of these is believed to be on a ship called the Horizon Arctic, which left Newfoundland yesterday and is racing to the area but will not arrive until later today.

JMO

ETA - from CNN dateline a hour and 20 minutes ago.

Here are five key vessels involved in the search effort, either on the scene or on the way, according to the US and Canadian coast guards:

• CCGS John Cabot: The 207-foot Canadian Coast Guard offshore fishery science vessel carries “advanced deep sonar,” according to the Canadian Coast Guard. Sonar uses sound wave echoes to find objects or to map features in the ocean.
  • Motor Vessel Horizon Arctic: The Canadian 307-foot anchor handling vessel has a hangar for remotely operated vehicles (ROV) with a launch and recovery system. Sean Leet, co-founder and chairman of its owner, Horizon Maritime Services, said it has been loaded with an ROV supplied by the US military and is expected at the Titanic wreck site on Thursday.
  • Research Vessel L'Atalante: This French, 279-foot multipurpose research vessel carries the Victor 6000, an ROV that can dive to almost 20,000 feet. (The Titanic wreck is at almost 13,000 feet.) Victor 6000 can perform tasks including video and acoustic search and inspection and has robotic arms that can manipulate objects, according to the ship's operator, French Oceanographic Fleet.
  • HMCS Glace Bay: A Canadian Navy 181-foot coastal defense vessel, it carries medical personnel and a mobile decompression chamber, which could be needed for any survivors brought up from the depth of the Titanic.
  • Magellan ROV: A remotely operated vehicle from deep-sea mapping company Magellan, which operates submersibles that can reach more than 19,000 feet. Magellan, based in Guernsey in the British Isles, is best known for its imagery of the Titanic.

JMO

Last edited:
Disgusted with the Daily Mail this morning and their “countdown to 12:08”. I’m quite sure 96 hours is not an exact science, y’know. Could be 90 and too late, could be 100, could be more if they’re desperately trying to reduce oxygen consumption.

(12:08 UK time is a little over 3 hours from now)

I think they have deployed all vessels to the area where they think the most recent noises came from.

There is a timeline in this article that shows that during mid-Wednesday they were deploying all vessels to an area where .... "further banging noises are heard as all available search assets are redirected to that area".

A deep-sea explorer, David Gallo, says that it will take hours to bring the submersible up when they find it, that they need to make some assumptions, get everyone to the spot, and go down looking with the intent to rescue right away.....

“We have to, at this point, assume that that’s the submarine and move quickly to that spot, locate it and get robots down there to verify that is where the submarine is.
“They’ve got to go fully ready as if that was the sub because it takes a while to locate it and get it up to the surface, it takes hours.”

Thank you!

Disgusted with the Daily Mail this morning and their “countdown to 12:08”. I’m quite sure 96 hours is not an exact science, y’know. Could be 90 and too late, could be 100, could be more if they’re desperately trying to reduce oxygen consumption.

(12:08 UK time is a little over 3 hours from now)
I'd imagine some of these peeps would know about meditation and breathing techniques too, I will be hopeful for another 24 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1