Titanic tourist sub goes missing in Atlantic Ocean, June 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

The co-founder of OceanGate, the company that operates the missing sub, said there may have been an “instantaneous implosion” of the vessel.

Guillermo Söhnlein, who founded OceanGate with Stockton Rush, who is on board the Titan, told BBC News:

I know that our protocol for lost comms is for the pilot to surface the sub. From the beginning I always thought that’s probably what Stockton would have done.
In which case it becomes very difficult to find the sub because the surface ship wouldn’t have known it was coming up and wouldn’t have known where to look.
My biggest fear through this whole thing watching the operations unfold is that they’re floating around on the surface and they’re just very difficult to find.
Söhnlein, who was speaking as news of the discovery of a debris field near the Titanic came in, said there was a possibility there had been a catastrophe.

What I do know is regardless of the sub, when you’re operating at depth the pressure is so great on any sub that if there is a failure it would be an instantaneous implosion. If that’s what happened that’s what would have happened four days ago.

I’m not the person either but here’s the quote:

Shortly before his dive, Loibl said that the bracket of a stabilizing tube broke off the vessel and had to be reattached with zip ties.
Journey on missing Titan sub 'a suicide mission': former passenger
Along with the nerve-wracking delay, the bracket of the stabilization tube – which balances the sub – tore and had to be "reattached with zip ties," he said.
Zip ties?

23m ago
A company whose remotely operated vehicle (ROV) found the debris field near the Titanic reportedly said its focus now is on “the families of those on the Titan and for their tragic loss”.

Pelagic Research Services earlier confirmed to CNN that its ROV, which was the first to conduct a search for the missing OceanGate sub on the sea floor, found the debris field.

Sky News reported that a statement on the company’s website, which has since been deleted, reads:

PRS want to express our full gratitude for the incredible, coordinated rescue response of everyone involved in this search and rescue mission. Our focus right now is on the families of those on the Titan and for their tragic loss.
There has been no official statement regarding any deaths from the US Coast Guard or unified command involved in the search of the missing sub.

2 min ago

Debris found in search area has been assessed to be from the external body of the Titan sub​

From CNN's Priscilla Alvarez

The debris discovered within the search area of the missing Titanic submersible has been assessed to be from the external body of the sub, according to a memo reviewed by CNN.

The search for the crew capsule of the Titan vessel continues, the memo says.

The debris was located on the ocean floor, roughly 500 meters off of the bow of the Titanic, and it was located around 8:55 a.m. ET.

I set up a thread #3 prior to the 3:00 pressor and will close this one once it starts:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader