Titanic tourist sub goes missing in Atlantic Ocean, June 2023 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NASA has the best, too. They still lost two crews and vessels entirely in catastrophic disasters, and were lucky not to lose Apollo 13, too.

Space travel is one of the riskiest thing a person can do. There are going to be disasters.

Tried and tested submarines have been lost that way, too.

No one's saying that Oceangate is equivalent to any other space or marine exploration company or organisation.

What we're saying is that it is sure that at some point, if private space travel continues and expands, they're going to have a disaster. It's inevitable.

MOO
The original comment I responded to referenced "rich people." So the insinuation was clear.

The original comment I responded to referenced "rich people." So the insinuation was clear.
I don't know what the price point for flight with Space X or Virgin Galactic is or will be, but I suspect the pool of potential passengers are going to have an obscene amount of money. These space and marine ventures, regardless of the quality of their product, have a very limited amount of people who can afford their services.

So to say that a space disaster with a private company would impact rich people is just a statement of fact.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl
Back