TLM Discussions

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Both Carol and TLM blathered on about the white coat disposal, the walking of the dog(s) past the school and who knows what else .. you'd think that if they had anything to hide, especially a missing child that they could both get lengthy prison terms for, they would keep a little quieter. :)

I suppose you could say that they were collectively stupid. But I don't think that's true. It's the law of the jungle in juvie facilities and Carol had a pretty rough life, I'm sure she wouldn't have lasted as long as she has without some smarts.

Maybe, they felt comfortable with the sleuthy neighbours, but I don't think they be discussing white coats with JG.

Edit:

Ok, someone had told him, other than the McC women.
Thank you jhulford for your explanation

Carol McClintic and TL McClintic. :) Two women.

But, but, but ... you wrote: "It really makes you wonder why both McClintic women tried so hard to implicate TLM."

This makes it sound as if TLM tried to implicate herself. Didn't you mean Carol and Tara?

I'm so confused. :confused:

Both Carol and TLM blathered on about the white coat disposal, the walking of the dog(s) past the school and who knows what else .. you'd think that if they had anything to hide, especially a missing child that they could both get lengthy prison terms for, they would keep a little quieter. :)

I suppose you could say that they were collectively stupid. But I don't think that's true. It's the law of the jungle in juvie facilities and Carol had a pretty rough life, I'm sure she wouldn't have lasted as long as she has without some smarts.

Maybe, they felt comfortable with the sleuthy neighbours, but I don't think they be discussing white coats with JG.

Edit:

Ok, someone had told him, other than the McC women.

Alright, I understand now. You were talking about TLM implicating herself.

I don't believe that Carol knew what TLM had done. Even the white coat doesn't mean much because so many women had them - TM and SL, to just name two. But why TLM herself yapped so much, I can only guess ... drugs? They do tend to loosen lips, don't they? I suppose that could apply to CM, too, and her alcohol abuse.

MOO

The funny part about this is, if she'd hadn't got involved in this awful thing, in a couple of years she would've married and had a child of her own. Then looking back at the writings of angsty youth, would've found them pretty cringe-worthy, you know?

Do you really think so? I don't. I think TLM was headed for a very troubled life, even if this had not happened. She may have had kids, but I think she would have gone on to do and write stuff even more cringe-worthy than this. I doubt she'd have ever become the average June Cleaver or Harriet Nelson. Heheh. ;)

MOO

But, but, but ... you wrote: "It really makes you wonder why both McClintic women tried so hard to implicate TLM."

This makes it sound as if TLM tried to implicate herself. Didn't you mean Carol and Tara?

I'm so confused. :confused:

Arggh, I see what you mean .. I worded it badly, I meant that Carol and TLM were so loose lipped that TLM became an instant suspect .. :D :bang:

Do you really think so? I don't. I think TLM was headed for a very troubled life, even if this had not happened. She may have had kids, but I think she would have gone on to do and write stuff even more cringe-worthy than this. I doubt she'd have ever become the average June Cleaver or Harriet Nelson. Heheh. ;)

MOO

Heheh, even June and Harriet may have had a troubled youth, but they're transcenders, Baby. :D

When I look at that kids (TLM) picture, I don't see what she became, just a kid that had potential at one time, and may have pulled her self out of the spiral she was obviously in. R,MOO (Respectfully, My Opinion Only) :D

I confess, I did work with youth that were in worse spins than she was before this happened, and most of them are law abiding parents and grandparents, now (I'm older than the hills). It does happen.

Mind you, none of them were involved in kidnapping or murdering anyone, just very troubled.

Heheh, even June and Harriet may have had a troubled youth, but they're transcenders, Baby. :D

When I look at that kids (TLM) picture, I don't see what she became, just a kid that had potential at one time, and may have pulled her self out of the spiral she was obviously in. R,MOO (Respectfully, My Opinion Only) :D

I confess, I did work with youth that were in worse spins than she was before this happened, and most of them are law abiding parents and grandparents, now (I'm older than the hills). It does happen.

Mind you, none of them were involved in kidnapping or murdering anyone, just very troubled.

I bow to your experience and higher knowledge about these matters. Guess I'm just a cynic in my old age.

When my firstborn was just a toddler (before I had the others), my husband and I decided to volunteer our home as an "emergency shelter" for the CAS. The deal was that we would have them anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks until foster homes were found for them. We opted for teenage girls, but ended up with a baby boy one time. All of the girls came from troubled backgrounds and all smoked, drank, got into fights at school, and who knows what else. Most of them stole something from us when they left.

The last girl we had was so great that we didn't want to give her up. "B" was 15 and stayed with us for three months. We would have kept her forever, except for one incident. One night she didn't come home and we had to call LE. The next afternoon, I found her huddled on the porch and she claimed that she had been sexually assaulted by a couple of boys. We called LE back and they found out she had lied about the rape to cover herself. So, we grounded her for two weeks. Well, she had a big date with a guy coming up, so instead of complying with the grounding, she chose to go back and live with her abusive father and alternately with her alcoholic mother.

Many years later when she was an adult, I ran into her accidentally and we became friendly for a few years. She still called me "Mom". She managed to get a couple of decent jobs, but took up with a coke-addict boyfriend and had a son with him. After she kicked the bum out, she continued to live with her son in his parents' basement apartment. I visited her several times over a few years and was pretty dismayed at her life choices (she did some drugs herself) and the way she treated her boy. We then lost touch again.

This is my limited experience with troubled girls and I guess it's what made me so cynical. I will never stop wondering how differently "B" might have turned out if she had stayed in our family.

My heart aches for 'B', I wish she had chosen differently, and stayed with your family.

Yes, smoking, drinking, lying, thieving .. is all part of dealing with these kids, unfortunately.

I don't want to get into swapping war stories, because this is TLM's little section, but I had a client similar to your 'B', who was so messed up that she wanted to kill herself and her baby while she was pregnant with him, she was in such despair. Drugs, alcohol, you name it. She ultimately chose differently though. Today, she teaches at the University level and her son is a grown man.

Don't worry, I'm a bit of a cynic too, but I do try to look at all the angles. :blowkiss:

I get it - sometimes you can help troubled youth, other times it is beyond repair. Last year we took in a good friend's granddaughter who had an upbringing very similar to TLM's. Her mother had been a stripper when she was younger, and had her daughter (father unknown) at a young age. During the stripper years, the mother began using and dealing, and now that she is older and cannot "work" she supports herself by dealing. The girl was raised during her earlier years by her grandmother, who unfortunately lost custody of her granddaughter by the time she was three.

The girl (now 23!) has been raised with a "stripper mentality" and although she is sweet, she lives the lifestyle - not working, using, hanging with a rough crowd and choosing abusive boyfriends. We took her to try to get her out of her environment. It didn't work. Not by a long shot. My family and I went to the mat for that girl, and after a few months she decided to move back home. Which was a relief at the time since her lifestyle was disruptive and she had a very self-indulgent attitude which led her back to using and her abusive boyfriend.

Even though this was a bright and beautiful young woman, I do not believe that she will ever become successful - her mother keeps her "down" if you know what I mean by always enabling her and using her for what she can get. It is a sick cycle.

Nature vs nurture... lovely girl, nurtured by an addict mother...I don't think my friend's daughter will ever shake the lifestyle, nor will she ever make a real effort to move on. It is what she knows.

Arggh, I see what you mean .. I worded it badly, I meant that Carol and TLM were so loose lipped that TLM became an instant suspect .. :D :bang:
Geezzzzzzzzzzz, jhulford~~~~~If I was confused before I really am confused now........ha!ha!Ha!!!! ~~~~Keep up the great sleuthing, I cannot wait for the next episode.
(just having a lighter moment, no harm intended as you know)

Yes, I've seen dat site. She's in full wigger mode, fo real, hehehe Ya' know what I'm sayin'? :D

http://www.joel.net/EBONICS/translator.asp

The 'U only got 0n3 ShOt - 0n3 TyMe' can also refer to love/ personal relationships. ie: you've only got one shot, one time, so make it good. :)

The whole 'song' is the usual adolescent tripe, AFAIC

Feelings of powerlessness, need for respect, revenge on those who 'dis you, crabbing about other girls .. etc., etc.

Compare with 2Pac:

Until the end of time (remix)

Perhaps I was addicted to the dark side
Somewhere inside my childhood witnessed my heart die
And even though we both came from the same places
The money and the fame made us all change places
How could it be - through the misery that came to pass
The hard times made a true friend afraid to ask - for currency
But you could run to me when you need me and I'll never leave
I just need, someone to believe in, as you can see
It's a small thang to a true, what could I do?
Real homies help you get through
And come to knew he'd do the same thang if he could
Cause in the hood true homies make you feel good
And half the times we be actin up call the cops
Bringin a cease to the peace that was on my block
It never stop, when my mama ask me will I change
I tell her yeah, but it's clear I'll always be the same
Until the end of time

Although many little white girls feel all the same angst and feeling of helplessness, persecution and rage none of them are ghetto enough to get their gripes published. :D I personally don't think the attempts at -life style writing had anything to do with the crime she's accused of, I think it's just a style of thinking and speaking/ writing she picked up in juvie, and uses it to communicate her feeling and maintain some 'cred'. MOO, of course.

I figured they would have taken all her accounts off the internet, (facebook etc) but the one that you posted the link to has her friends posting comments on her wall just 20 days ago.
I have had that link for a while.
I should have warned people of the foul language being used and to read at your own risk!!!! Someone should save it so it does not dissapear also. I would if I could but I have no idea how.The articles I thought I had saved have dissapeared over time, much to my regret.

Yes, I've seen dat site. She's in full wigger mode, fo real, hehehe Ya' know what I'm sayin'? :D

http://www.joel.net/EBONICS/translator.asp

The 'U only got 0n3 ShOt - 0n3 TyMe' can also refer to love/ personal relationships. ie: you've only got one shot, one time, so make it good. :)

The whole 'song' is the usual adolescent tripe, AFAIC

Feelings of powerlessness, need for respect, revenge on those who 'dis you, crabbing about other girls .. etc., etc.

Compare with 2Pac:

Until the end of time (remix)

Although many little white girls feel all the same angst and feeling of helplessness, persecution and rage none of them are ghetto enough to get their gripes published. :D I personally don't think the attempts at -life style writing had anything to do with the crime she's accused of, I think it's just a style of thinking and speaking/ writing she picked up in juvie, and uses it to communicate her feeling and maintain some 'cred'. MOO, of course.
Thank goodness I do not have to listen to that nonsense in my house.I hear that rap rapping from cars going down the street sometimes, and I think~~O M G , thank goodness my children are adults now

TLM has a court date tomorrow (Oct 1st) any ideas what will happen at this one?

TLM has a court date tomorrow (Oct 1st) any ideas what will happen at this one?

I don't think they will be breaking out the frying pan and cooking oil... likely just put the case over until they have had a bit longer to review the disclosure. TLM's lawyer is a very busy gal... did you want to take bets whether she just sends a junior in her place?

OT a bit, there has been quite a flurry lately of Ontario lawyers asking for 2/3 of their regular rates to represent Legal Aid clients in murder cases. We have a local case where three lawyers have applied for an increased rate for each of their client's cases... no decision as yet, but it makes me wonder if perhaps both TLM's and MR's lawyers have quietly done the same thing?

I don't think they will be breaking out the frying pan and cooking oil... likely just put the case over until they have had a bit longer to review the disclosure. TLM's lawyer is a very busy gal... did you want to take bets whether she just sends a junior in her place?

OT a bit, there has been quite a flurry lately of Ontario lawyers asking for 2/3 of their regular rates to represent Legal Aid clients in murder cases. We have a local case where three lawyers have applied for an increased rate for each of their client's cases... no decision as yet, but it makes me wonder if perhaps both TLM's and MR's lawyers have quietly done the same thing?

Like you, Cha, I think it will be another remand. Then again, I thought the same was going to happen with MR, and look what happened there, they set up a pre-trial meeting, so who knows. I think TLM's lawyer will be there today, just for the publicity and to speak to the media.

As for the Legal Aid, it wouldn't surprise me if most lawyers that do a lot of legal aid, have applied for an increase in their rates, though, TLM's lawyer seems to keep herself pretty busy and no doubt they are also likely hoping with all the media attention, it will bring in more paying clients in the future (of course that will depend on the type of representation they give during this upcoming trial). This is just MOO.

OT, don't have much to follow these days, now that I'm just waiting for the closing arguments to commence on the biker trial, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled on the internet this morning/afternoon to see what transpires from the court hearing today.

Teen Charged in Tori Stafford Murder in CourtA 19-year-old charged with kidnapping and murdering Tori Stafford made her first court appearance in more than a month and a half this morning.

Terri-Lynne McClintic appeared via video link before a judge in Woodstock and was remanded in custody. Her next court date is scheduled for November 27th, 2009.

Her lawyer is still reviewing a large volume of evidence.

The other suspect in the case, Michael Rafferty, appeared in court last week

One of Rafferty's lawyers, Scott Reid set a couple of future dates in the case.

On October 8th, a judicial pre-trial meeting has been set. Reid describes what that entails "It's essentially a meeting between defence counsel, crown counsel and a judge. Talks about various issues, most notably, how long we estimate a preliminary hearing will take."

Rafferty will make another video court appearance on October 16th.

Reid wouldn't comment on the status of his client, only saying "Mr. Rafferty is anxious to get to a trial as soon as he can."

http://www.am980.ca/home/News/GeneralNewsDetail/tabid/967/Default.aspx?id=10227

Like you, Cha, I think it will be another remand. Then again, I thought the same was going to happen with MR, and look what happened there, they set up a pre-trial meeting, so who knows. I think TLM's lawyer will be there today, just for the publicity and to speak to the media.

As for the Legal Aid, it wouldn't surprise me if most lawyers that do a lot of legal aid, have applied for an increase in their rates, though, TLM's lawyer seems to keep herself pretty busy and no doubt they are also likely hoping with all the media attention, it will bring in more paying clients in the future (of course that will depend on the type of representation they give during this upcoming trial). This is just MOO.

OT, don't have much to follow these days, now that I'm just waiting for the closing arguments to commence on the biker trial, so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled on the internet this morning/afternoon to see what transpires from the court hearing today.

Interesting - did I read the news release correctly that TLM's lawyer was still receiving disclosure (a hard drive full???) so it has been put off... but MR's lawyers have gone right to a pre-trial?

Where are the gurus? What does everyone think this means in terms of pleas, etc.

As for TLM's lawyer receiving lots of publicity, it could be good or bad for her - depending upon how she represents her client. Of course, I don't think it will make her very popular with the locals...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123
Back