TN - 4 dead, several injured at Waffle House, Nashville, Apr 2018 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, if someone gets guns taken away, they need to be destroyed, not given back. To anyone.
I'm not anti-gun one bit, but I am anti-guns in the hands of the wrong people. It is often so hard to identify who should and shouldn't have a gun. We never know when someone is going to snap, that may have been fine up to that point. In this situation though, LE did know there was something wrong. Enough to order his gun license revoked and remove guns from him.

I'm not one to shout for more gun laws, as we do a terrible job of enforcing the ones we already have. But this, as a new gun law, I could really get behind. IMO

It doesn't sound to me that deputies actually removed the guns, based on statements made by the sheriff. Apparently father had a right to take custody of the guns because he had a valid FOID card. Parents are well established in the community and are "church goers."

"The father was present and had an FOID card, a valid FOID card and had the legal right to take custody of the weapons. So he was allowed to do that after he assured deputies that he would keep them secure and away from Travis," Huston said."

http://www.kmov.com/story/38014976/...ed-waffle-house-shooters-hometown-of-illinois

The search is still very active for Nashville murder suspect Travis Reinking. Please keep an eye out for him, but do not approach, call 911 immediately if observed. A $2,500 reward is being offered for his capture.
04f394740fb44764fba6922ff4b4bdcd.jpg

https://twitter.com/knoxville_pd/status/988375304778534917?s=21

Is somebody hiding him? I find it odd that he's still not been found when he's on foot and only wearing pants.

Is somebody hiding him? I find it odd that he's still not been found when he's on foot and only wearing pants.

Aren't there lots of wooded areas. He could have also gotten into a car and be far away from there.

If he's suffering from exposure or hypothermia, he could be semi-conscious, hunkered down in a hole or depression.

amazed to discover he has not yet been found dead or alive

and it seems as if omo as if (relates to no pants ) whatever voices and delsuions were occurring he felt as if he suddenly had to flee his apt -- his life was in danger or people were after him a deslusion along those lines

then when he gets in the parking lot the 4 minute wait is unique almost as if it took some time in his troubled mind for the folks inside to be transition into the people who were after him or going to harm him

that kind of thing the pants seem to indicate terrible fear or escape .............

the shedding of the jacket almost has the same kind of feel change the way i look maybe they cant find me

not getting in the truck is also hard to understand maybe it was bugged in his chaotic mind

there certainly was not a lot of order going on so a planned escape seems pretty unlikely so it seems our only real choices are dead or inside somewhere no??

just babbling

Apologies if already posted. Warning: the interview with McMurry is intense as he describes the injured and deceased.

http://www.wkrn.com/top-news/man-pu...ring-mass-shooting-at-waffle-house/1134585328

Thank you. Both of these men deserve a lot of respect and credit. They are well spoken, apparently know how to take charge in a crisis, and are very humble. I don’t have enough good words to explain the calmness I felt when he spoke of the enormously stressful situation with such gentleness. I would be grateful to have him around in a crisis, or for that matter at any time. kudos and thanks — I hope they both have amazing lives and successes.

If he's suffering from exposure or hypothermia, he could be semi-conscious, hunkered down in a hole or depression.

Or he had gotten into a car and is far away from there. Or he is in someone's house hiding. There are lots of possibilities that don't involve him being dead.

The father could have “”ost “ them. Parents seem to be a big problem in a lot of these shootings

Father actually wanted to keep the guns from what has been reported.
"However, Reinking's father was present when those deputies came to confiscate the guns, Huston said. The father had a valid state authorization card and asked the police if he could keep the weapons. Deputies gave Reinking's father the weapons, Huston said."

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...ille-waffle-house-shooting-suspect/540144002/

We’re talking about the facts regarding the events, not race. He’s a hero and that’s a fact. This isn’t a place to drag the discussion into hypotheticals that have nothing to do with the topic. There are other forums on which to race bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, pro-gun Twitter is already going after him. Additionally, it's against TOS to tell others how to post.

Had a quick look at his Facebook before they took it down. Very weird. He liked some Disney movies for kiddies

what is so weird about that?

i am a highly educated professional 48 year old man, animated movies for kids (disney included) are still my favorite movies to watch and i watch them to this day,

what is so weird about that?

i am a highly educated professional 48 year old man, animated movies for kids (disney included) are still my favorite movies to watch and i watch them to this day,
Nothing weird about it as such. I just thought it was weird he likes Disney movies, has a profile pic with bunny ears and runs around naked with an AR-15 killing people.

Father actually wanted to keep the guns from what has been reported.
"However, Reinking's father was present when those deputies came to confiscate the guns, Huston said. The father had a valid state authorization card and asked the police if he could keep the weapons. Deputies gave Reinking's father the weapons, Huston said."

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...ille-waffle-house-shooting-suspect/540144002/

If these guns were used in the crime, they should charge the father with a crime.

It doesn't sound to me that deputies actually removed the guns, based on statements made by the sheriff. Apparently father had a right to take custody of the guns because he had a valid FOID card. Parents are well established in the community and are "church goers."

"The father was present and had an FOID card, a valid FOID card and had the legal right to take custody of the weapons. So he was allowed to do that after he assured deputies that he would keep them secure and away from Travis," Huston said."

http://www.kmov.com/story/38014976/...ed-waffle-house-shooters-hometown-of-illinois

His father has acknowledged giving the guns back to his son. In my opinion, the father should also be held in some degree, responsible for enabling his son to do the horrific crime he has done and may continue to do.

http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/04/...use-shooting-in-nashville-suspect-on-the-run/

"While Huston said it was unclear how Reinking reclaimed the guns, Nashville Police spokesman Don Aaron said that his father “has now acknowledged giving them back to his son.”"

Is it possible that the victim‘s families press charges against the father in a civil law suit? Is the state obliged to pressing charges or can they chose not to do so? Any lawyer here who can answer this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy
Back