GUILTY TN - Anakin Wiest, 8 wks, starved to death, Smyrna, 8 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"We are asking the same question. How could you ever do that?" said Detective Rick Hall with Smyrna police. "But I think people find themselves in situations or in lifestyles that other things get neglected, and I think that's what we're looking at in this case."

From the link posted by newme2. Just like I thought (see my post above)..and I hadn't even read Detective Hall's statement yet. Bless these other 2 children. I pray they get the love and care and attention they need and deserve.

Breastfeeding is an every 2-4 event when they are that young and it takes a lot of time to take so many selfies. Hard to see how the baby is doing when the focus is on you and not the totally dependent life you brought into the world.

So this has had me in a weird position for the last few days. Now this is MOO.

I knew this girl. I've known her for about a year or so.

I met her at a rave we both attended. Added her on Facebook. Generally, sweet girl. She loved her daughter. Talked about her a lot when I met her. But I found out she did heroin and I nope'd out of there, but stayed friends with her on Facebook. As far as Anakin, several of us made reports to DCS. But who listens to a bunch of teenagers? He was scary skinny. When he died, we were all kind of suspicious, but originally the police called it SIDS. Never really thought about her after that until a few days ago, my boyfriend told me she was arrested. I'm still in awe how her ****** ex-boyfriend (who also took care of Anakin) hasn't been arrested.

All in all, I ran into her at raves, but never met her kids. MOO.

Thanks so much for your input, HazelGrace. I had read somewhere that she was already on DCS/CPS's radar. So you have confirmed that for me. She may indeed have been a sweet girl-maybe drugs or boyfriends changed her? Seeking attention for herself took precedence over her child? Maybe he was a sickly child and she couldn't be bothered with the extra needs, and her daughter was not as "needy". Either way, she deserves to be punished severely (and I was wondering about the boyfriend too).

Thank you HazelGrace. If you knew Wiest and think you may want to offer inside knowledge based on that acquaintance you may want to consider becoming verified as a case insider. The process for doing that is explained here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters or you can private message a moderator with any questions about that.

I appreciate you joining the discussion. I have a feeling you will have valuable insights.

So it wasn't meth, but heroin.

I've known both meth and heroin addicts and they are not all skin and bones. She does appear a lot thinner in her mugshot though.

This poor little boy. :gaah: It's so obvious that he was just not getting fed. Why didn't anybody step in?

5 lbs. Wish they had provided his birth weight in the article. I think that would make the loss of weight or failure to thrive all the more evident if we had that number.

In the link I posted the man who is speaking states that Anakins weight at birth was almost 6 pounds. So at two months old he was 1 pound under his birth weight. Obviously he was severely malnourished. That poor little baby, what a miserable life he must of lead with a mother who cared more about stripping than her own child and a father not in the picture. Rest in peace baby Anakin, I only wish we could have saved you.

Also her Facebook is going crazy. Lots of interesting comments (if you can wade through all the swearing and teenagers arguing) Seems even those who knew her are saying it's no surprise and she's a terrible mother. There's a few people who say they reported her to CPS and even the detective confirms she was known to them. I wonder why nothing was done?

The pics of the baby are heartbreaking. He was so pitifully thin and frail in the pic she posted of him alive and the one of him in his coffin was just as horrific. How could CPS or anyone see that child and not know that something was very, very wrong?

I pray that in the 10 months that it took LE to arrest this......woman, her other child had been removed from her care! Surely after seeing how frail the deceased little angel was, they would not have left her other child with her! This makes me literally SICK to my stomach. I shouldn't have read this I'm afraid.

Brittany Marie Wiest appeared in a striped prison uniform by video in Judge Royce Taylor's courtroom. Wiest, 21, was arrested Feb. 4 and charged in connection to her infant son's death in April 2014.

Wiest is scheduled to appear in court again March 3 for a discussion date and March 27 for a plea date. Those dates could change given the fact that Wiest is pregnant, according to the Circuit Court clerk's office.

Withers, who is not the infant's father, was not charged, Sgt. Bobby Gibson, SPD spokesman, said earlier this month. However, Gibson added charges could develop because the investigation remains open.

Gibson said Wiest no longer has custody of her first child, and the Department of Children's Services has been involved in the removal process.

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2015/02/18/smyrna-woman-arrested-murder-arraigned-wednesday/23635777/

http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2015/02/18/smyrna-woman-arrested-murder-arraigned-wednesday/23635777/

Brittany Marie Wiest appeared in a striped prison uniform by video in Judge Royce Taylor's courtroom. Wiest, 21, was arrested Feb. 4 and charged in connection to her infant son's death in April 2014.

Wiest, who is currently 24-weeks pregnant with another child, and is being detained in protective custody at the Rutherford County Adult Detention Center on a $100,000 bond.

Rutherford County Sheriff's Office officials could not comment on why Wiest is in protective custody.

"Because of security reasons, the Sheriff's Office cannot discuss an inmate's status," RCSO spokeswoman Lisa Marchesoni said.

Wiest is scheduled to appear in court again March 3 for a discussion date and March 27 for a plea date. Those dates could change given the fact that Wiest is pregnant, according to the Circuit Court clerk's office.

I cannot find an update. I will hazard a guess that she will plea "not guilty". :furious: And the fact that she is pregnant again?!! Has she not heard of birth control?!!

The facebook page has disappeared. So you cannot see the pics of baby Anakin that were being discussed above. I have the three pics of Anakin that she posted during his 59 days of life. The first is his birth pic. Notice the fat little cheeks below his eyes. He was small but not malnourished. The second pic was taken before he died (not sure when) but it is OBVIOUS that he is so much thinner, the little fat cheeks below his eyes are sunken in.
anakin wiest birth.jpg anakinwiest before death.jpg

Brittany also posted the pic of Anakin in his coffin. I won't post that unless a mod oks it or I can put it as a link to click. It is heartbreaking and it only shows his face as his head, feet and even hands are covered with mittens as if he is bundled up for cold weather (likely because he was so pitiful looking that looking at him breaks your heart because you KNOW this is not normal!!)

I hope that no one is offended by the pics or thinks it is too graphic. It is shocking and sad to look at but it is something that needs to be documented. I think we can all agree that CLEARLY this baby was in distress and it was obvious to all who saw him and CPS had been notified (according to many) so this baby should NOT have died this way.

A plea hearing is scheduled for April 8th
d43ba489b84383713e70234470899869.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper