Found Deceased TN - Blake Smith, 20, Knoxville, 3 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous articles said the engine was running when they found it. So the car was running and found wrecked with a cinder block on the gas pedal? So someone was trying to make it look like he got in a car accident? :scared:

Yes, the concrete block on the gas pedal and finding his shoe, chain necklace and beanie are all new info from the family speaking to reporters today/last night.

KNOXVILLE –Family members said volunteers are needed to search for Blake Smith, 20, of Knoxville, Tenn., who went missing on Saturday. Smith is a native of Trussville. He is the son of Kim and Jim Smith and the nephew of Trussville realtor Jill Williams.
“We need volunteers for search and rescue at Admiral Farragut Park in Knoxville now,” Williams said. “Police will be guiding the search and are also asking for any drone footage that may have been taken in the park on Saturday.”

Smith was last seen leaving work at Weedman Lawn Care at 2 p.m. on Saturday and never returned to his dorm. He hasn’t been heard from since.
http://www.trussvilletribune.com/20...earch-of-trussville-man-missing-in-knoxville/

Oh my, I am terribly concerned about Blake - these circumstances sound so dire. He was doing all the right things at such an young age -attending bible college, working, preaching to inmates. My heart goes out to his family and am praying for Blake’s well being. This is so scary.

Family members said volunteers are needed to search at Admiral Farragut Park in Knoxville now.

Police will be guiding the search and are also asking for any drone footage that may have been taken in the park on Saturday.

http://www.trussvilletribune.com/20...earch-of-trussville-man-missing-in-knoxville/
They have now requested for no more volunteers on the Blake Smith - Missing person FB page due to K-9 confusion.
https://www.facebook.com/BlakeSmithMissingPerson/

I’m not very optimistic for a happy ending here :(
Every scenario I work in my head is a version of a “worst case scenario” with the exception perhaps of a possible “best case scenario”: a burnt-out religious student voluntarily disappearing to opt in to a different life/life-style”. No signs of this line of inquiry from LE or media, just me musing about the best kind of outcome with this sad set of clues.

[h=1]2-county search ongoing for missing Alabama college student in Tennessee[/h]
The search for a missing Alabama man in Tennessee continues, and now is being investigated by at least two law enforcement agencies.

The Blount County Sheriff's Office and the Knox County Sheriff's Office joined forces on Monday, authorities said. A Blount County spokeswoman said the investigation is ongoing.

There appeared to be some movement and developments on Monday, but authorities and family said they can't yet discuss any details. Tracking dogs are on the ground.
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/02/2-county_search_ongoing_for_mi.html

Has anyone found his instagram yet? I wonder if that picture was typical to the type of pictures he usually posted or if it could be a red herring.

Has anyone found his instagram yet? I wonder if that picture was typical to the type of pictures he usually posted or if it could be a red herring.
I can’t find it even with a reverse image search.
I wondered if perhaps the image itself raised concerns before his absence did? Either because it’s different in ususal type or unexpected in some way...

Found a video interview with his parents: https://www.knoxnews.com/videos/new...ents-missing-crown-college-student/110120836/

According to that his parents tracked him with an app called "Life 360". They noticed he was at an unusual place Saturday night late at night when he was supposed to be at the dorm. When he still wasn't back at the dorm at 2 AM his dad was concerned. Dad called his roommates at 7 AM and found out he never made it back there. Then they contacted college security and police. Dad said no blood in car so they are hoping for the best. A friend had dropped him off at the dorm after work around 2 PM, then he had texted his dad his W2's so his dad could help do taxes. His dad thinks he got in his car and drove to the park right after that because the picture was posted to instagram not long after the text. He likes to hike so his dad thinks he went to the park to hike.

I can’t find it even with a reverse image search.
I wondered if perhaps the image itself raised concerns before his absence did? Either because it’s different in ususal type or unexpected in some way...

I was thinking if there was a perp, they might have taken the photo to throw LE and the family off in terms of finding him. I hope that this is not the case, though.

Some folks love taking photos of scenery- my kids all do it and post them on their instagrams and FB pages, so no, I don't find it odd that he took it and posted it, if it was him that posted it.

OT: Re 360 life.
Is this the new norm? Do most parents still keep that closer eye on their 20-year-olds?

I can't even imagine what these parents are going through........ LORD, place a band of ANGELS around BLAKE and his FAMILY......

OT: Re 360 life.
Is this the new norm? Do most parents still keep that closer eye on their 20-year-olds?

I'm wondering the same thing -- IIRC Blaze Bernstein's parents used a similar app with him being in college at U of Penn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298