GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Below you'll see surveillance video of Simpson shopping at a Walmart in Rogersville, Tennessee. Investigators said this video was shot just after Simpson took C. from school.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...details-on-amber-alert-for-missing-9-year-old

The man TBI agents believe took his niece was spotted on surveillance video at a Rogersville Walmart. The video was recorded May 4, which is the day before the alleged kidnapping.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...spotted-at-Rogersville-Walmart-378425951.html

The areas highlighted above ladies and gentlemen are an indication why we are constantly pulling our hair out trying to make sense of things. Two reporters, same press conference, conflicting information.

Inaccuracy in reporting.

yes, I caught that discrepancy as well Steelman. I really wish in this day of instant news they would spend a little more time fact checking.

What does her little sister have to say about this? I hope they interview her to get a child's perspective of her uncle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scary, to me it seems he bought items for a short stay. No food, utensils, etc (he could have some items in his van that we don't know about)

I am sick and disgusted now. Yes, he had a plan.

The longer this goes on, the more concerned that we become. that is why we are committed to doing anything/everything possible to find this child

We are working to develop a profile. Urge public who know this individual to give us a call (regarding knowledge of where he might go, state of mind, etc)

from the live link

I thought a profile was supposed to help them narrow down to a single perp.

TBI officials said they believe the two "may not be in public view and may be located in a campground, state park, or other isolated area."

"We need the public to remain vigilant," said Josh DeVine, TBI spokesperson, particularly in campgrounds, state parks, or rural areas.

TBI is asking all campground owners and visitors to watch for anything suspicious.

At a press conference Friday afternoon, DeVine provided some further clarification on custody questions.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/tbi-...ert-for-9-year-old-rogersville-girl/171648942

I thought a profile was supposed to help them narrow down to a single perp.

I think he was talking about trying to get a feel for this suspect and what might be his motivators, what moves he might make, where he might head, etc.

i have learned to take MSM with a gain of salt. they are in a hurry to have the news out before the other outlet does.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...details-on-amber-alert-for-missing-9-year-old

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...spotted-at-Rogersville-Walmart-378425951.html

The areas highlighted above ladies and gentlemen are an indication why we are constantly pulling our hair out trying to make sense of things. Two reporters, same press conference, conflicting information.

Inaccuracy in reporting.

There are so many small, out of the way campgrounds where he might go unnoticed. For example.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...07a77f9fda5787!8m2!3d36.2567827!4d-82.1117921

There's also the Appalachian Trail and US Forest Service land. :(

Edit: Looks like it wasn't them in the Mountain City area.
A tip was called into 911 dispatch in Johnson County, Tennessee on Thursday evening regarding a possible sighting of the van in Mountain City heading towards Boone, NC. News Channel 11 spoke with Johnson County Sheriff Mike Reece who said the tip “turned out to be the wrong van”.

http://wjhl.com/2016/05/06/video-tb...deo-of-rogersville-kidnap-suspect-in-walmart/

There are so many small, out of the way campgrounds where he might go unnoticed. For example.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/D...07a77f9fda5787!8m2!3d36.2567827!4d-82.1117921

There's also the Appalachian Trail and US Forest Service land. :(

Right, plus due to the delay in sending out the Amber Alert, he could've had camp set up and been cooking breakfast the next morning before any pictures of his white van were published. Put more simply, while he was driving to his camping spot and getting things set up, nobody was even looking for him.

Living out of a vehicle and camping outdoors for any length of time isn't a very comfortable life however. You never realize how much you appreciate the luxuries in life such as electricity, running water, cable t.v., washing machines, hot showers, thick mattresses, refrigerators and internet access until you get out in the skids and start roughing it. Sure, it may seem fun for the first couple of days, but it can get old pretty quick.

One of his trips into the nearest town to get a hot meal, buy some supplies, or use a public restroom is going to be his undoing. The word is out now, along with pictures of the two, so it's simply a matter of time until there is a verified sighting. It's all going to depend on how well he stocked up that van for an extended camping trip.

I am wondering if he made two trips to Walmart, because a lightweight pink throw, a throw pillow and a slightly thicker beige blanket are not camping gear in my book. I think there was a visit prior and a visit after picking her up....IMHO

I am wondering if he made two trips to Walmart, because a lightweight pink throw, a throw pillow and a slightly thicker beige blanket are not camping gear in my book. I think there was a visit prior and a visit after picking her up....IMHO
There's stuff in the cart that he had probably already rung up, but I can't make out what any of it is. I just assumed it was the camping gear they were referring to, but you may be right. I just wonder what their reasons were for cutting out the part of the video where that stuff is being rung up.

Right, plus due to the delay in sending out the Amber Alert, he could've had camp set up and been cooking breakfast the next morning before any pictures of his white van were published. Put more simply, while he was driving to his camping spot and getting things set up, nobody was even looking for him.

Living out of a vehicle and camping outdoors for any length of time isn't a very comfortable life however. You never realize how much you appreciate the luxuries in life such as electricity, running water, cable t.v., washing machines, hot showers, thick mattresses, refrigerators and internet access until you get out in the skids and start roughing it. Sure, it may seem fun for the first couple of days, but it can get old pretty quick.

One of his trips into the nearest town to get a hot meal, buy some supplies, or use a public restroom is going to be his undoing. The word is out now, along with pictures of the two, so it's simply a matter of time until there is a verified sighting. It's all going to depend on how well he stocked up that van for an extended camping trip.

It's also highly likely he's found a little cabin somewhere in the hills. Just a little hunting shack kind of thing. It certainly doesn't look like anything in his cart would be enough for even one overnight in the complete wilderness - although I do see something that could possibly be a small tent, there's no cooler, sleeping bags, kerosine stove, etc. Most of it looks like light bedding.

Reward offered for missing 9-year-old Tennessee girl
May 06, 2016 7:38 PM EDT

(KMOV.com) – A $2,500 reward will be given to anyone with information leading to the arrest of Gary Simpson, the man accused of kidnapping 9-year-old C. T. from her Tennessee home.

The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children is asking for the public’s help to locate C. after an Amber Alert was issued. C. was taken from her school yesterday by Simpson, who is her uncle. Officials say he abducted her under false pretenses. A warrant for kidnapping has been issued against Simpson, as he has no custodial rights to C.

There current whereabouts are unknown.

Simpson was last seen driving a white 2002 Dodge Conversion van with Tennessee License Plate: 173GPS. The van has a dark stripe down the middle with light gold running boards and paint is chipping off the hood.

C. is 4 feet 8 inches tall and weighs 75 pounds with blue eyes and blonde hair. She was last seen wearing a black and grey tank top and blue jeans.

Simpson is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 157 pounds. He is balding with brown eyes and brown hair. If have any info, you’re asked to call 1-800-824-3463.

http://www.kmov.com/story/31913609/reward-offered-for-missing-9-year-old-tennessee-girl

In my opinion there are only two reasons he took her, One .....He lost custody back to her father, and knows something bad is happening, and took her to protect her. (does not mean it is the right thing to do, but perhaps in his mind it was the only way)
Two....She grew to an age of his preference and he has taken her for nefarious reasons.

If number Two, I hope this young lady has been bounced around enough to have a thick enough skin to not panic. If she starts crying constantly and wanting to go, he very well then could opt to do something horrendous. I pray its number one, but if number two, I pray she is holding on .....

I always say I will not go into another post about missing children, and I always do. This just TEARS me up....IMHO

I really can't imagine he's taken her for any honorable reason. Grandparents do that sometimes - they get sick to death of seeing their grandchild abused and they kidnap him/her out of desperation.

She's a very attractive little girl - I could see a pedophile becoming very attracted to her fairy-like qualities and become weaker and weaker until he does the unthinkable.

Have we heard any remarks from C.'s father?

Agreed ! The odds of him taking her to protect her from anything but allowing her sibling to stay in a bad situation ( that she needs protected from ) seem improbable. God protect this baby girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc