Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
any idea on why he took her now?

that is what we are working on developing with our talking to people.

What does he do for a living.

Don't know at this point. I am unaware of him being employed.

It is our understanding that at one point C. lived with Simpson. Court earlier this year gave custody back to her bio father.

[paraphrasing presser]

This is absolutely a serious situation. Initial info did not indicate necessity of amber alert. Information we developed later caused us to escalate this to an amber alert.

BBM Any guesses on what info they developed to raise the concern?

I can't believe they haven't been found.
I bet they are hidden in plain sight. I do wonder if he somehow changed the van.

C. T.'s mom ramps up search, asks people to stay on the lookout

T.'s mom, Shannon, said she's doing everything she can to get her little girl home and with more information coming out, she wants to make sure everyone is on the lookout.

She spent part of Friday night handing out fliers to customers at Walmart after attending a prayer vigil in her daughter's honor.

“It gets worse and worse the more time goes by for me. Just because, I'm worried, I'm scared, and I'm just ready for her to be found,” Trent said.

Saturday there is another vigil at Rogersville City Park. It starts at 8:30 p.m. Trent said she plans to wear purple. That's C. T.'s favorite color. C.'s class plans to wear purple Tuesday in her honor, Trent said.

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...-people-to-stay-on-the-lookout-378494745.html

I'm thinking when he would "disappear for a few hours" he was gathering items and setting up camp. I hope the wife was able to give a good account of what his story was. There made be tidbits of truth, or a direction of travel in there.

"She gave examples of Gary Simpson disappearing for a few hours and making up a story for attention. She said he has daily rituals that her hardly breaks, so this kidnapping had to be planned."

http://www.local8now.com/content/new...378203981.html

C.'s mom makes statements at the above link as well.

I wonder what she means when she says, ". . .for attention." It also makes me wonder if he didn't get the reaction he wanted when he would do things "for attention" and decided that he needed to up his game - for attention.

I swear, I am watching a Criminal Minds episode play out here. (Not to make light of the situation. Anything but that).

OK what items are specifically camping items? I didn't see them in the video.

Interesting that he buys a throw pillow and sheets that are the same matching colour. Is he a photographer?

Does he have a facebook or some social media account?

I'm worried he is going to a cottage or place where he needs bedding. This is very disturbing.

He may cut her hair or get her to hide her hair in a cap. JMO

I wonder what she means when she says, ". . .for attention." It also makes me wonder if he didn't get the reaction he wanted when he would do things "for attention" and decided that he needed to up his game - for attention.

I swear, I am watching a Criminal Minds episode play out here. (Not to make light of the situation. Anything but that).

I was thinking while his wife thought the stories were for attention he might just have been a bad liar. You may be right though. He may have felt he wasn't getting enough attention, especially with a disabled son(?) taking up her time. Maybe he feels C. paid attention to him. I wonder how long ago C. moved with her dad?

ETA... I have no idea why my quotes are coming out weird . Sorry.

I've been wondering about the "for attention" disappearances too. Does that mean he'd storm out of the house after an argument and not return until 10 hours later?

I've been wondering about the "for attention" disappearances too. Does that mean he'd storm out of the house after an argument and not return until 10 hours later?

This sounds like he disappears and gets all dramatic when the wife questions him. I will not type what I think he is out doing.

How in the world were they able to determine he had been at Walmart? It appeared, when I watched the video, that he paid for his purchase in cash.

Is it a super small Walmart where the cashier may have just remembered that he had been shopping? If the cashier didn't remember him being there, how would they determine that they needed to view the tapes?

I know, small in the grand scheme of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I was wondering. I worked retail before and I saw so many people a day that I'd never be able to remember who I cashed out. I'd only remember if they were a regular, or if they did something out of the ordinary that made them stick out in my mind. Perhaps he saw someone at the store that knew him, or the cashier remembered him for one reason or another.

This is odd. It appears he plucks his eyebrows, rather severely. ??? Just including this article for the clarity of the photo.

http://wtvr.com/2016/05/06/amber-alert-called-for-missing-tennessee-girl-that-could-be-in-virginia/

A couple of things that stick out to me.

The reward. I feel that it is extremely low. Only $2,500? However, I also know that the government doesn't just set up rewards for every missing person - or even child. Is the reward a sign that they believe he won't harm her?

If he was unemployed and only taking care of his disabled son (which would pay a small stipend each month if services were paid for by insurance or welfare), where is he or would he get the money to keep this up?

This is odd. It appears he plucks his eyebrows, rather severely. ??? Just including this article for the clarity of the photo.

http://wtvr.com/2016/05/06/amber-alert-called-for-missing-tennessee-girl-that-could-be-in-virginia/

Or they fall out. Some men pull on them also.

I'd like more clarification on the whole "disappears" thing as well.

Maybe he wasn't doing it for attention, if it was recent was he setting up camp and giving her wild excuses for his absence? I'd like to know what exactly he said on those days.

Or they fall out. Some men pull on them also.

I'd like more clarification on the whole "disappears" thing as well.

Maybe he wasn't doing it for attention, if it was recent was he setting up camp and giving her wild excuses for his absence? I'd like to know what exactly he said on those days.

Exactly. And when did these "hours" occur? Recently? Years ago, in the past?

Also, what time of day would he "disappear"? Was it during the day, where anyone and everyone might notice him? Or was it during the evening/night hours where less people are out and about, giving him ample opportunity to set up camp without being noticed as easily?

Is or was there any kind of pattern to this? She stated that he had things that he had done every day. She didn't state what, but it sounds like he is a creature of habit. Everyone and everything in it's place.

A couple of things that stick out to me.

The reward. I feel that it is extremely low. Only $2,500? However, I also know that the government doesn't just set up rewards for every missing person - or even child. Is the reward a sign that they believe he won't harm her?

If he was unemployed and only taking care of his disabled son (which would pay a small stipend each month if services were paid for by insurance or welfare), where is he or would he get the money to keep this up?

It is a US Marshals reward, not a private group or individual.

It is a US Marshals reward, not a private group or individual.

Right. Which is why I stated that I know the government doesn't always establish a reward. I haven't seen a reward posted by an individual or non-government entity. Maybe I missed it somewhere, if it is out there.

The fact that the government HAS issued a reward, makes me wonder if they have reason to believe that he will not harm her.

The fact that it is such a small amount, makes me wonder the opposite.

Dillysmom, that's exactly what I meant when I said he was a bad liar. I'm hoping for here may be some small shreds of truth in his " stories". If he said he went to XYZ and there was a huge accident, and he had to drive all the way thru ABC town to get home maybe, just maybe there could be some truth to the direction he went.

I think he used to disappear with C. for periods of time without explaining it adequately............... I don't think his wife really wanted to comment on it much further than that, nor did she.

I think this episode was the final eye-opener for his wife.

Maybe I should start referring to her as "ex-wife".

Although it doesn't appear he has a cell phone with him right now, turned on, I wonder if they could go through his records and establish where he has been that's kind of out in the boonies in the last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez