GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably didn't like her current living arrangements. But that doesn't mean that his intentions are pure either. I also thought that maybe the wife is reaching out and offering him up an excuse to make it seem easier for him to come home if he feels she supports him in "getting her help". The TBI may have told her to say that, so he feels like the family and LE think he took her for a good cause.

Exactly what I thought as well.

IMO trying to explain away the illegal abduction, puts her more at risk. It makes it seem like, "it's okay, he was protecting her". People will feel less of a sence of urgency to find her. I think we need our focus to be on the facts. He is NOT her custodial parent, he abducted/kidnapped her under false pretenses, and what he has done is a crime.

Thanks is not enough for this. Very well put and so true.

OT/ local news just said the two people missing at the lake are seniors from a local high school, there were there for a day trip. So not related to C.

IMO trying to explain away the illegal abduction, puts her more at risk. It makes it seem like, "it's okay, he was protecting her". People will feel less of a sence of urgency to find her. I think we need our focus to be on the facts. He is NOT her custodial parent, he abducted/kidnapped her under false pretenses, and what he has done is a crime.

I don't think anyone here would feel that way, however to the general public this is definitely something that needs to be emphasized. It doesn't matter why he took her - he committed a crime in doing so, even if nothing else happened after he took her.

If (hopefully when) he gets caught, does anyone know how much jail time he could face if he simply took C. and didn't harm her (along the lines of "protecting her")? Just interesting to know the punishment for the best case scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think almost none, which, actually, I agree with. If he's done what no one believes - just taken her away to a cabin in the woods to give her a break and spend some time with her as her former legal guardian, and if he reasonably believes she needs to be protected, I think that would bring a charge of interfering with the custody of a minor. Similar to a grand parent whisking a beloved grandchild away from parents who are abusive.

I don't think there's even a 1% chance that's what's going on here, though.

I think almost none, which, actually, I agree with. If he's done what no one believes - just taken her away to a cabin in the woods to give her a break and spend some time with her as her former legal guardian, and if he reasonably believes she needs to be protected, I think that would bring a charge of interfering with the custody of a minor. Similar to a grand parent whisking a beloved grandchild away from parents who are abusive.

I don't think there's even a 1% chance that's what's going on here, though.

Thank you for the perspective!

That type of information should be brought to his attention. If he causes C. no harm, he could face very little disciplinary action (at least by law). Unfortunately I agree, I don't think this is the case.

Regarding the items purchased at Walmart: since C. lived with the aunt and uncle fairly recently (or at least stayed with them sometimes - if I read correctly unthread), then it's possible that: 1) some of C.'s daytime clothes would have still been at his house and thus already packed, 2) the lip gloss and nail polish could be things that C. likes, or even has at her own home.

Whatever his intent, it almost looks like "vacation" packing (still kidnapping, I know) versus "going off the grid and roughing it in the wilderness" packing.

Where are you, C.?

Wish he'd bought her a pair of running shoes :gaah:

So we can assume he has a cell phone as Linda stated she tried calling him. If it's on, I'm sure LE would be able to locate it, at least to an area smaller than 11 states. That is, if they are near a cell tower.

To those asking if GS had any computers that were taken and searched by the TBI or LE; it is not uncommon here to not have internet access in rural areas and a lot of Hawkins County is still very rural.

He probably didn't like her current living arrangements. But that doesn't mean that his intentions are pure either. I also thought that maybe the wife is reaching out and offering him up an excuse to make it seem easier for him to come home if he feels she supports him in "getting her help". The TBI may have told her to say that, so he feels like the family and LE think he took her for a good cause.

BBM

This is not what Linda Simpson said. Her message to Gary:

Bring her home Gary. We will get you some kind of help, some way somewhere, but you know you've got to bring C. home. You can't keep her. You know you can't," said Linda Simpson. "You've got to bring her home. Stop and think and let reality hit you in the head. You've got to stop and think what you're doing. I mean this is crazy."

http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...-suspect-talks-to-Local-8-News-378857051.html

Hmm from the previous things she has said I've not thought of Gary having taken C. for 'safety reasons' as a valid option. But with this quote, I don't know. Why would she say "we'll get HER help"?

"Bring her home Gary. We will get her some kind of help, some way somewhere, but you know you've got to bring C. home. You can't keep her. You know you can't," said Linda Simpson. "You've got to bring her home. Stop and think and let reality hit you in the head. You've got to stop and think what you're doing I mean this is crazy."

Wish we knew a bit more about her sister's age etc. to see if somehow it makes 'sense' for Gary to only have taken C.

They have edited their story then. What I quoted in my post (same quote klily444 used) was copied and pasted from their page. It definitely did say HER.

Hmm from the previous things she has said I've not thought of Gary having taken C. for 'safety reasons' as a valid option. But with this quote, I don't know. Why would she say "we'll get HER help"?

"Bring her home Gary. We will get her some kind of help, some way somewhere, but you know you've got to bring C. home. You can't keep her. You know you can't," said Linda Simpson. "You've got to bring her home. Stop and think and let reality hit you in the head. You've got to stop and think what you're doing I mean this is crazy."

Wish we knew a bit more about her sister's age etc. to see if somehow it makes 'sense' for Gary to only have taken C.
When I click that link (http://www.local8now.com/content/ne...-suspect-talks-to-Local-8-News-378857051.html) I see this:
"Bring her home Gary. We will get
you some kind of help, some way somewhere, but you know you've got to bring C. home. You can't keep her. You know you can't," said Linda Simpson. "You've got to bring her home. Stop and think and let reality hit you in the head. You've got to stop and think what you're doing. I mean this is crazy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie