GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they can only track his phone if it's a smart phone? I've always thought any phone with cell reception could at least be "pinged."

I know LE must have felt Gary was listening to a radio or TV when they had multiple press conferences a day with really not much to say but they were talking directly to him. Now I really hope he doesn't know what's going on in the media. If he finds out the allegations of his previous molestations are out it might send him into a panic and accelerate this from sexual abuse to murder more quickly. I realize it could already have taken that turn but unless she is found deceased I am going to hold out hope it hasn't.

I didn't catch who, but a guest on Nancy Grace just said the same thing. He expressed concern that once Simpson feels cornered or trapped, he may resort to violence in an attempt to avoid being captured.

I don't know if I can follow another downstairs pursuit of a lead. My legs hurt, my feet are tired and mostly my heart aches every time one doesn't pan out.

Oh who am I kidding. Down I go.

Hi wendybtn, since you quoted my post I thought I should reply. The original poster had also mentioned murder. I don't think there has been an article in MSM that mentions previous murders (I've sure been wrong before) so I assumed the original poster was stating his/her opinion. I hope I didn't confuse anyone. I had read the article.

Wonder if one of those special agents with the NYPD who was brought into work on the Missy Bevers case needs to be flown in for this case? After all, this is an alive child we are desperately searching for.

These agents specialties were working with cell phone pings, towers, and picking up signals with very sophisticated equipment. If his phone is so old the pings can't be picked up, it probably wouldn't work, but I would sure ask Josh DeVine of the TBI ? about it.
I have been very impressed with his demeanor and working with the public.

So they can only track his phone if it's a smart phone? I've always thought any phone with cell reception could at least be "pinged."

I would like to think they can track it but want him to think he can use it and it won't be tracked :thinking:

Hi wendybtn, since you quoted my post I thought I should reply. The original poster had also mentioned murder. I don't think there has been an article i MSM that mentions previous murders (I've sure been wrong before) so I assumed the original poster was stating his/her opinion. I hope I didn't confuse anyone. I had read the article.

No! I thought people were questioning the veracity of family members saying they were molested by GS in the past. And at least two posts asked if the TimesNews website was legitimate. It is legitimate and the prior unreported molestation are covered in MSM. I was not referring to any possible allegations of murder. Sorry if it seemed I was questioning you.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/mother-of-missing-child-pleads-for-safe-return/185681871
Statement from ST

“I never thought this in a million years would ever happen because he was great with the girls. Always has been. He’s been in their lives since they were born," Shannon said. "

This case is getting really confusing!!
In the people magazine article (http://www.people.com/article/carlie-trent-missing-mother-shannon-bad-feeling-about-gary-allegedly) ST says she 'always had a bad feeling' about GS, the 57-year-old man who allegedly kidnapped her daughter this week.
Also from the people magazine article: When she (ST) heard that her daughter had been allegedly kidnapped by Simpson, she was shocked by the news -- but not as much by the suspect. People magazine also quotes ST saying, "I've always had a gut feeling. I've always had a bad feeling about Gary [and] I should have stuck with my gut."

​I did find another major (IMO) discrepancy coming from the people magazine article ( compared to what other MSM has reported -- as far as I can remember, and I have been following this case close since day 1):

Josh DeVine of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation tells PEOPLE that in order to pick up C, Simpson allegedly told teachers that James had been in a car accident and he was sent to get her. But Devine says this was a lie and that Simpson had no authority to pick C up.

I would like to think they can track it but want him to think he can use it and it won't be tracked :thinking:

Maybe there is a limited facility with one of those old phones. I'm sure they can do something with just a sim card alone. i.e. the SIM card surely still pings the nearest tower. But then I think smartphones are so traceable because they have GPS in them while those old phones didn't. So maybe not? I don't know.

This case is getting really confusing!!
In the people magazine article (http://www.people.com/article/carlie-trent-missing-mother-shannon-bad-feeling-about-gary-allegedly) ST says she 'always had a bad feeling' about GS, the 57-year-old man who allegedly kidnapped her daughter this week.
Also from the people magazine article: When she (ST) heard that her daughter had been allegedly kidnapped by Simpson, she was shocked by the news -- but not as much by the suspect. People magazine also quotes ST saying, "I've always had a gut feeling. I've always had a bad feeling about Gary [and] I should have stuck with my gut."

​I did find another major (IMO) discrepancy coming from the people magazine article ( compared to what other MSM has reported -- as far as I can remember, and I have been following this case close since day 1):

Josh DeVine of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation tells PEOPLE that in order to pick up C, Simpson allegedly told teachers that James had been in a car accident and he was sent to get her. But Devine says this was a lie and that Simpson had no authority to pick C up.

Agree that it is confusing. Maybe she had a bad feeling about him but shrugged it off when he seemed to be so good with them? I could understand that.

Just my opinion.:)

Josh DeVine just confirmed on Nancy Grace that Gary Simpson's phone is an old flip phone. There is no way to track or ping it. They believe the phone is on because it rings before going to voicemail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's at least semi-comforting to know... because I assume if they were both deceased, the phone would have lost power by now.

Josh DeVine just confirmed on Nancy Grace that Gary Simpson's phone is an old flip phone. There is no way to track or ping it. They believe the phone is on because it rings before going to voicemail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ugh. That's what I was afraid of

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's at least semi-comforting to know... because I assume if they were both deceased, the phone would have lost power by now.

Unless it's plugged in somewhere.

I wonder if the service provider can determine if he's listened to the voicemails?

If it's truly not traceable, can they at least tell if it's been used in the last week?

Unless it's plugged in somewhere.

I wonder if the service provider can determine if he's listened to the voicemails?

If it's truly not traceable, can they at least tell if it's been used in the last week?

They can pull his call records.

By now, the phone should have died, so obviously he has electricity. That probably debunks the bunker idea. Cabin somewhere? Also, I'm not sure why he'd keep it charged anyway, unless it's to listen to messages that people are leaving him. I'd think that he'd be afraid it could be Pinged. Even if he read that's not possible on the Internet, I'm not sure I'd personally believe that, and would be too afraid to use it. Then again, I wouldn't abduct a child, so....

By now, the phone should have died, so obviously he has electricity. That probably debunks the bunker idea. Cabin somewhere? Also, I'm not sure why he'd keep it charged anyway, unless it's to listen to messages that people are leaving him. I'd think that he'd be afraid it could be Pinged. Even if he read that's not possible on the Internet, I'm not sure I'd personally believe that, and would be too afraid to use it. Then again, I wouldn't abduct a child, so....
Probably has a car charger.....

I just checked twitter and the 8:45 update has not happened. Yet.

Sickened and greiving for C.

Finding out now, what a Monster Gary Simpson is. As well as how screwed up her family life has been that placed herself into the control of an accused pedophile.

His former victims were too afraid of him to come forward until now????

I am beyond ill, thinking about what this man has been and is doing to this 9 year old child in his clutches this last week.

I Pray, she is found alive. Tears upon tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member