GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the same reason people do it here. I haven't seen anyone saying the TBI is lying, but noone wants to believe Gary Simpson (we don't need to refer to this pig by initials- let's call him out!) capable of the bad things he is. He is a sexual predator. I've been saying that for the last two threads, yet other posters wanted to believe he was protecting her/custody issue, making her feel special by letting her pick out nail polish, etc, all innocent camping trip. Except none of what I bolded is true. People want to hope for the best, but in a situation like this, it's just naive and endangers her by minimizing the risk.

Absolutely agree with this. At the very beginning, I had a fleeting thought that he was protecting her from something/someone. It was very fleeting. In hindsight, I now know that my mind wanted to believe that was true, rather than the alternative.

It's so frustrating because I'm looking at a few different news social media sites about this right now and there are STILL people saying within the last 20 minutes, "I don't buy it - there is so much more to this story. Something's not right at her home and he was trying to get her away from a bad situation!" grrr. WAKE UP please!

I so hope she is found today. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th and if he happens to be a superstitious person that could mean even more trouble. He may have planned this around the upcoming Friday the 13th who knows :( It wouldn't be the first time a criminal planned for something big/horrendous on that day.
BBM -- Oh. My. God. I didn't even think of that. I feel sick.

IIRC the nail polish etc. purchases were before the abduction. Grocery store followed abduction.

Nail polish, lip stick, and a bikini....all to make her appear older and more sexualized. His shopping list causes me great concern.

Grandmother Says Missing 9-Year-Old CT was the 'Sweetest Little Thing'

"She was the sweetest little thing you could ever want for a daughter or a granddaughter," Mary Evelyn Trent tells PEOPLE.

Mary Evelyn says C loved school and was on the honor roll. She also loved to sing, dance and play outdoors: "She was an outside little girl," she says.

-snip

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/...006029,00.html

Heartbreaking. All in the past tense..............

I just made the mistake of reading some of the most popular comments on an updated article (most recent pressed) on FB. I understand Devines frustration now, I am literally wanting to throw my phone after reading some of the comments- seems this man has a freakin fan club. One woman even wrote that "just because dad decides to pop back into her life"...read, people! Read. Sorry, rant over.

It's so frustrating because I'm looking at a few different news social media sites about this right now and there are STILL people saying within the last 20 minutes, "I don't buy it - there is so much more to this story. Something's not right at her home and he was trying to get her away from a bad situation!" grrr. WAKE UP please!

I so hope she is found today. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th and if he happens to be a superstitious person that could mean even more trouble. He may have planned this around the upcoming Friday the 13th who knows :( It wouldn't be the first time a criminal planned for something big/horrendous on that day.

There's also a full moon tomorrow on Friday the 13th.

I wanted to believe that earlier but now I am terrified for her. and I have a grim outlook because of NO sightings. I am praying.

He seemed very frustrated that there are still those on social media who do not feel this child is in danger, that the kindly old uncle is saving her from something.

shudder.

It frustrates me too. TBI can not be any clearer without saying point blank "We believe this man is a perv, a sexual abuser who has abducted this child and its been 9 days now. 9. this child is in serious danger! This is NOT A GOOD GUY"

What a powerful testament to how abused children learn survival strategies. I cannot add one thing to your narrative.It conveys both the horror and the incredible coping you were able to develop. You were emotionally able to detach;indeed you choose not to allow the abuser to break your spirit.

My mom was an enabler. My dad was both mentally and physically abusive to us. He sometimes woke us up out of a sound sleep and wipped the tar out of us. I can tell you right now he was Peter Pan & my mom was his protective Windy. It also started with me around 5 but I am a survivor and NO Peter Pans for me;I am totally a Tinker Bell or put another way I kick :butthead:.
:loveyou: to oceanblueyes

Thank you for your kind words.

I know that others here who have been fortunate to never be abused in any manner finds it hard to understand just what all a child goes through that is being abused. It is one of those tragic situations where someone has to live it to ever understand the pain and suffering of the abused child. I wouldn't wish that to happen to any child even if I had a terrible enemy, which I do not. It is much better never really knowing. For the child it is truly like walking a minefield day after day, especially if the abuser lives inside the home with the child. Then there is no escape. That is why so many childhood abuse survivors suffer from PTSD for years afterwards and some never overcome it. It is literally like being in war trying to survive on a daily basis yet this is happening to a young child who is so fragile.

My mother knew about all the horrible beatings I endured and to this day I feel she knew he was sexually abusing me too. She had to know. She had to see how I was so frightened of him when it was just us three there. She had to find it strange that when she went to town he always wanted me to stay behind with him. I would beg her to take me with her but every time she gave into him. He physically abused her as well so I try to make myself believe she was just too fearful of him to say anything. But then I think of myself as a mother of five, and I would never ever allow this to happen to any of my children. He would have to kill me first. Thank God our children have a loving and caring father, and they know without a doubt how much he loves, and respects me. My mom has been dead for 29 years now but I admit sometimes at night I still ask her why she forsake me in my darkest hour. Of course no answer ever comes.

I have found most wives do know about the abuse being done to their child/children but they turn a blind eye. Often even if the child tells their mother they do not believe them and will believe their lying husbands instead. For the life of me, I will never understand how they could do that to their own children. Mothers are there to protect and nurture their children, and not offer them up as sacrificial lambs in order to appease the beast they live with. But I have seen it happen over and over again. In fact we see it right here on WS in other cases.

I can honestly say that part of my life is just a memory now and it never changed who I am. You are right, even though he tried his best he could not break my spirit. I was one of the lucky ones that never turned to alcohol or drugs to numb the pain. I dealt with it head on. I did have PTSD for years but now the only symptom I have left is when I don't know someone is behind me but when all of a sudden I see them out the corner of my eye behind me, I will jump out of my skin. So that still terrifies me but it rarely happens anymore. All of our kids know not to play around trying to scare me by sneaking up behind me and so does my adorable sweet hubby.

God has truly blessed me in more ways than I can ever express. It shows even though someone may go through their own hell they can survive and go on to have a great life far different from the life they lived as a child.

IMO

BOLO posted on Eatern Panhandle Working Fires facebook page after an alleged sighting near Morgantown, WV. I cannot find any news sources on this, though.

Okay so I've been thinking he's gonna lay low and not come out during daylight hours but now with DeVine encouraging everyone to check their properties, maybe someone will flush him out in the open. Even if he's not on their property, if he's close, he's gonna move out IMO.

Okay so I've been thinking he's gonna lay low and not come out during daylight hours but now with DeVine encouraging everyone to check their properties, maybe someone will flush him out in the open. Even if he's not on their property, if he's close, he's gonna move out IMO.
Very good thought! Fingers crossed!!! I would bet that he is squatting on someone's property (vacant).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There's also a full moon tomorrow on Friday the 13th.

Not that it matters one whit to this case, but that is Facebook bullhockey.

attachment.php

Attachments

• may 2016.jpg
    may 2016.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 433
However, as time has passed, Mary Evelyn says she has begun to think hard about Simpson's motives. "The devil can make people do things if they listen to him," she says. "I just hope and pray that nothing [of a sexual nature] has happened."

Mary Evelyn tells PEOPLE that Simpson was a spiritual man who knew the Bible front to back. She says that when he had custody of the girls, Simpson would read them verses from the Bible almost nightly.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,21006029,00.html

Big time "no comment" on virtually everything by her quoted here, with the exception of-- speaking about CL in the past tense doesn't seem like it would be very helpful to anyone close to the situation, including LE.

Do the two sisters go to the same school? If so, didn't they wonder why he was only taking one child out due to the "accident"?

This poor child...the parents have made many poor life choices and now she's abducted by her uncle. She had no solid foundation.

I just don't think he's laying low. I think police need to be checking with any acquaintances. (They probably already are.) The items purchased and the way he's gone about this really make me think he is not alone at this.

Not that it matters one whit to this case, but that is Facebook bullhockey.

attachment.php

My apologies. I was sure they said that on the weather channel last night.

Do the two sisters go to the same school? If so, didn't they wonder why he was only taking one child out due to the "accident"?

This poor child...the parents have made many poor life choices and now she's abducted by her uncle. She had no solid foundation.

One of the videos released featuring CT she speaks about her sister and states which schools they attend. They attend different ones apparently

For the same reason people do it here. I haven't seen anyone saying the TBI is lying, but noone wants to believe Gary Simpson (we don't need to refer to this pig by initials- let's call him out!) capable of the bad things he is. He is a sexual predator. I've been saying that for the last two threads, yet other posters wanted to believe he was protecting her/custody issue, making her feel special by letting her pick out nail polish, etc, all innocent camping trip. Except none of what I bolded is true. People want to hope for the best, but in a situation like this, it's just naive and endangers her by minimizing the risk.

This is such an excellent post, I had to log on to thank it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member