GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how a victim of child abuse would typically act around her perp. When I saw the video from the grocery store, she didn't look scared to me at all. She looked like a normal bored child, and he didn't look overly protective. I guess I would imagine her to be uncomfortable around him, if he's been abusing her prior?

I'm sorry but in at least 4 different photos I've seen, CT is wearing adult-style lipstick. Why was she allowed to wear dark lipstick at age 9 and younger??? It really bothers me.
I agree, it's sexualized because of the dark color. To me dance recitals are the only time it's appropriate.

Now don't laugh at me like my hubby and adult children do but I have one of those old flip phones. Life is busy enough, I don't want to be reached other than land line. Face to face, lunch etc LOL Now the not funny part. I just carry it in my purse for Emergency use. It's never on. I did make a quick call weeks ago and forgot to turn it off. My purse was making a noise weeks later. It was my ole flip phone powering down. They hold a charge much, much longer than current phones.

So they can only track his phone if it's a smart phone? I've always thought any phone with cell reception could at least be "pinged."

Yes, any phone can be pinged as long as it has its battery in it. Pinging and GPS are 2 completely different things. A ping is communication between the cell towers and his phone. If he is hidden somewhere where there is little reception it may be because there is only one tower around and it can actually cover a large area. Ideally to use pings to locate a phone there are multiple towers getting a hit from his phone. The more towers, the closer in they can pinpoint the location with triangulation. GPS is much more accurate as it uses satellites to locate.

I feel they are still in the area. He knows those back roads and mountains since he grew up in that area. I don't think he is one to venture out on the highway in his old conversion van that is so large and noticeable, with broken windows it is a sure way to get pulled over, plus he has to know that every police department in states around him are looking for him. So why take a risk?

He may be enjoying living out his fantasy of having C all to himself with no harm to her. How long can he do this?

Do we know what the problems with his son are or the age of his son? I would think there is a great difference in their ages. Could it be that when C was born, Gary fell in love with this beautiful baby girl, who was perfect, after he had been caring for his disabled son for years. She was the child he never had? I can easily see it up until he kidnapped her! And then, all reasoning goes flying out the window!

My opinions only!

Someone in my family got my 6 year old bright red lipstick for Christmas. They didn't know it was bright red and just thought it was chapstick. My kid loves it. I cringe when she wears it because she really tends either to do geisha lips, or bozo the clown. (Can't show her that I hate it either, otherwise she will wear it constantly, because my girls are contrarians. )

But I think that the totality of this girls' life events makes it seem hinky. I don't think the makeup in and of itself is, but everything together sets off massive red flags for me as well.

See, that's when you hide it or say it's for Halloween. I have a teenager who I try without much luck to dissuade from darker shades- but at age 9, heck no! Only for dance recitals or Halloween.

By now, the phone should have died, so obviously he has electricity. That probably debunks the bunker idea. Cabin somewhere? Also, I'm not sure why he'd keep it charged anyway, unless it's to listen to messages that people are leaving him. I'd think that he'd be afraid it could be Pinged. Even if he read that's not possible on the Internet, I'm not sure I'd personally believe that, and would be too afraid to use it. Then again, I wouldn't abduct a child, so....

It wouldn't necessarily debunk the idea of a hideaway. As a previous person mentioned there was cases such Elizabeth Shoaf were the predator built his hideaway fully equipped with electricity and even a tv, running shower, and stocked piled full of food and a place to heat it as well as a bathroom and traps in case somebody came too close. He had also made this bunker near water to have a source and the dugout was walked on several times and nobody knew it was there. It was just several yards from her own house. I don't say this to alarm people but these are things that would make it impossible for her to be spotted and for him to have electricity. Again, just putting ideas into play and hoping they are exhausting all theories. I hope they interviewed the lady at save a lot since they say he shopped there often and maybe relayed what else he was buying previously or watch the walmart tapes from days before?

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/gary-simpsons-wife-bring-carlie-home/185715385
Some new (interesting) info at link:
"Right now I hate his guts for what he's done,” she said. “I mean it's hard to love somebody that does something like that."She is now on her own to care for their disabled son. For years, it has been a job for two, but in a home that's now lonelier and quieter, Linda says she’s no longer sure how to feel.
"I've racked my brain for anything I can come up with. I just don't... I don't understand it, period," she said.
Law enforcement officers are patrolling the area by her home in case Gary returns, but for Linda there's no going back.
"He's history to me,” she said. “I don't want anything to do with him. If I saw him the only thing I'd want to know is why!"

I think GS was used to the comforts of home and he's probably getting restless and ready to make a trip to town. Not to go back home but to get away and maybe get some smokes.

http://pursuitmag.com/locating-mobile-phones-through-pinging-and-triangulation/

To save time i am quoting the part about older phones but it is an informative article explaining things

"With the older style analog cellular phones and digital mobile phones that are not GPS capable the cellular network provider can determine where the phone is to within a hundred feet or so using “triangulation” because at any one time, the phone is usually able to communicate with more than one of the aerial arrays provided by the phone network. The cell towers are typically 6 to 12 miles apart (less in cities) and a phone is usually within range of at least three of them. By comparing the signal strength and time lag for the phone’s carrier signal to reach at each tower, the network provider can triangulate the phone’s approximate position."

I'm not sure how a victim of child abuse would typically act around her perp. When I saw the video from the grocery store, she didn't look scared to me at all. She looked like a normal bored child, and he didn't look overly protective. I guess I would imagine her to be uncomfortable around him, if he's been abusing her prior?

bbm

Not necessarily. Unfortunately if a child is being sexually abused by someone they know, a father figure even, the child might 'feel' something is not right about that, but they could also at the same time think it's normal for them to do that to the child. After all this is a trusted adult, and if they're doing this to me (the child might think), then it must be normal. This is one of the ways sexual abuse messes with a child beyond the physical part. It completely messes up their brain, trust, sense of normalcy - everything. Some sexual predators are so skilled they can even make the child think the child wanted it and enjoyed it. Even if the child would feel something was 'off' about that, the child would internalize that and not necessarily see the abuser as the cause - so they also wouldn't be noticeably uncomfortable around them. Another possibility is the child can have learned to accept the situation in order to survive and be numb or resigned.

Can't count on that- there's a certain level of dissociation for many as well as a sort of brainwashing. A lot of kids will go out of their way to appear "normal" at all costs to avoid being "detected" as someone who is being abused. I know I did. It really just opens them up for more abuse later, sadly.

http://pursuitmag.com/locating-mobile-phones-through-pinging-and-triangulation/

To save time i am quoting the part about older phones but it is an informative article explaining things

"With the older style analog cellular phones and digital mobile phones that are not GPS capable the cellular network provider can determine where the phone is to within a hundred feet or so using “triangulation” because at any one time, the phone is usually able to communicate with more than one of the aerial arrays provided by the phone network. The cell towers are typically 6 to 12 miles apart (less in cities) and a phone is usually within range of at least three of them. By comparing the signal strength and time lag for the phone’s carrier signal to reach at each tower, the network provider can triangulate the phone’s approximate position."

Let's hope he doesn't know that. So why can't they get a broad idea of where he is? At least what state?

bbm

Not necessarily. Unfortunately if a child is being sexually abused by someone they know, a father figure even, the child might 'feel' something is not right about that, but they could also at the same time think it's normal for them to do that to the child. After all this is a trusted adult, and if they're doing this to me (the child might think), then it must be normal. This is one of the ways sexual abuse messes with a child beyond the physical part. It completely messes up their brain, trust, sense of normalcy - everything. Some sexual predators are so skilled they can even make the child think the child wanted it and enjoyed it. Even if the child would feel something was 'off' about that, the child would internalize that and not necessarily see the abuser as the cause - so they also wouldn't be noticeably uncomfortable around them. Another possibility is the child can have learned to accept the situation in order to survive and be numb or resigned.

Thank you for this, so well said.

From link:
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/tbi-...ert-for-9-year-old-rogersville-girl/171648942
Before Simpson picked her up, he was spotted on surveillance video getting cash at bank, then buying camping supplies, clothing, and other items at the local WalMart.
I had wondered (up until now) where they got the additional photos released of GS (4 photos tiled into a square) to put out a more recent image of the perp. We speculated fast food drive thru (this was at the time an employee thought he had come through a fast food drive thru--but was later said to be a false sighting), bank drive thru, atm, etc. I am betting the photos came from GS trip to the bank for cash before abducting CT.
IMO

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/gary-simpsons-wife-bring-carlie-home/185715385
Some new (interesting) info at link:
[quote "Right now I hate his guts for what he's done,” she said. “I mean it's hard to love somebody that does something like that."She is now on her own to care for their disabled son. For years, it has been a job for two, but in a home that's now lonelier and quieter, Linda says she’s no longer sure how to feel.
"I've racked my brain for anything I can come up with. I just don't... I don't understand it, period," she said.
Law enforcement officers are patrolling the area by her home in case Gary returns, but for Linda there's no going back.
"He's history to me,” she said. “I don't want anything to do with him. If I saw him the only thing I'd want to know is why!" [\quote]
I really feel for her. 34 years of marriage to find out that the love of your life is a complete monster. Her hinky meter had probably gone off in the past but just didn't want to believe her intuition. I really hope that she didn't know anything.

I'm so glad that she won't be standing by hubby's side. I have followed other threads where the wives are in complete denial even when all of the evidence is right there in front of them.

Thankfully her son will most like qualify for in home care from an agency so she can have help. I am personally a home help providor and it can be exhausting. Couldn't imagine trying to do it on my own. I feel awful for their son being abandoned that way :(

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Still no update on twitter sigh.....

Thankfully her son will most like qualify for in home care from an agency so she can have help. I am personally a home help providor and it can be exhausting. Couldn't imagine trying to do it on my own. I feel awful for their son being abandoned that way :(

I agree but, why would they release this kind of quote from her? I would think it would just make things worse for Carlie- I mean, really? If he's in some desperate mental state, what would this do? First they have her pleading with him and now she's rejected him publicly? I don't blame her, just wonder why the PR people let this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966