GUILTY TN - C.T., 9, Rogersville, 4 May 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait was the custody switch like a year ago?
I thought it was said it had been a one while?

Maybe because he suddenly had to share her (when custody changed and she began spending more time at her dad's instead of their house). Just one possibility, IMO.

Custody was transferred over a year ago. When this story broke, her Dad had the deer-in-the-headlight response and seemed to have no suspicions of his brother-in-law whatsoever. Same with Carli's mother, same with Simpsons wife. Obviously Carli wasn't tattle-telling on her uncle, if there was something going on......so once again, why the sudden need to scoop her up and run off ? It really doesn't make any sense.

I hope authorities are checking the property of elderly folks who may not hear about this story or don't check on their property anymore because of the upkeep or condition.

Hmmmm, I'm trying to figure something out here. If Simpson had access to Carli, and he's been molesting her all this time like unnamed people and sources are saying, then why the need to load her up and run off with her ? He was already getting what he wanted right there at home..........so the stories go.

Something threatened his routine.

Oceanblueeyes, when my younger sister told, she wasn't believed and was called a liar. (She was like 6.) She got yelled at an in trouble. That was enough to ensure both her and my silence going forward from that point.

The adult relative involved is still friends with this guy.

Unfornately that happens way too often. I am so sorry this happened and my heart breaks for all who have suffered such trauma as a child.:(

Custody was transferred over a year ago. When this story broke, her Dad had the deer-in-the-headlight response and seemed to have no suspicions of his brother-in-law whatsoever. Same with her mother, same with Simpsons wife. Obviously Carli wasn't tattle-telling on her uncle, if there was something going on......so once again, why the sudden need to scoop her up and run off ? It really doesn't make any sense.

BBM: Maybe in his sick mind he wanted to take things to the next level with her?

Thing is, we are trying to use reason and logic to understand something that is completely illogical.

I hope they find CT today!

Could be plenty or reasons. If the dad was considering moving, or there was a parenting dispute it could have started this ball rolling. People get crazy when then think they're losing control.

(I live with my grandparents with husband and kids, it's a long story. But anyway, they think that because we live here, they get to make parenting decisions. They don't, and when they are reminded of that fact, they scream at us in front of our kids. Especially if they've just gotten some biomedical or financial news, Or if husband and I aren't behaving sufficiently destitute for them.

It's not a good situation, and we'll be out of here soon. I would worry more about them trying to take the kids, but their MO seems to be trying to get between husband's and wives, and turning the kids against the parents. And then trying to get the kids through the courts. That doesn't work with my family. Not that they haven't tried. And no, I wouldn't have moved here had I known any of this.)

Maybe he got some kind of bad news and decided now was the time. We won't really know until we find him.

BBM: Maybe in his sick mind he wanted to take things to the next level with her?

Thing is, we are trying to use reason and logic to understand something that is completely illogical. I hope they find CT today!

BBM - Exactly!

I don't think we can rationalize a potential pedophile and what sparked a need for change--mostly because it could be any number of things and unstable people can live amongst society going unnoticed or not act on anything crazy until they feel they are ready to do so. Who knows what this guy was up to or even talking to. All of this talk about him being involved in a ring is disturbing but another possibility. Maybe he just was on the verge of snapping because his life wasn't what he wanted...

I don't think we can rationalize a potential pedophile and what sparked a need for change--mostly because it could be any number of things and unstable people can live amongst society going unnoticed or not act on anything crazy until they feel they are ready to do so. Who knows what this guy was up to or even talking to. All of this talk about him being involved in a ring is disturbing but another possibility. Maybe he just was on the verge of snapping because his life wasn't what he wanted...

Exactly.

Another idea is he somehow manifested some crazy idea in his head like CT and him were an item and he decided to take off with her and start a new life. I mean it's crazy to us but not somebody that is unstable. Again, these things have happened before so nothing is out of the realm of possibility which makes it that much more unnerving.

I have been trying to catch up from last night and have tried google to no avail....did the van that was being processed for evidence turn out to be the AA van?

No it was not the van. Sorry I don't have a link. Going by what I read downstairs

I am thinking she was trying to distance herself from him. Like wouldn't go over there as much, maybe wanted to get off bus at her house ...
Good point! I don't know if this is universal among all the states, but my daughter is the same age/grade as CT and this the year where they start doing more in-depth safety classes in our state. Every year they do a session on basic stranger danger, tricky people, good touch/bad touch, etc. But here, at this age they go into much more detail. They split the girls and boys and talk more about physical manifestations of abuse and educate on the type of language and manipulations abusers use. Possibly CT was feeling more empowered that what was happening was wrong and he could sense it?

I have often thought there should be a feature in all vehicles that can be activated in the event of situations like this or theft. It would be able to locate or disable a vehicle. The technology is already developed and is used for high risk auto loans. It does not stop a vehicle if it is operating. The system prevents it from being restarted once it is turned off and locates it for the repo man to retrieve. I know that it is not realistic as people would feel that it is an invasion of their rights. I feel that if you are not doing anything wrong then why do you care. Driving is a privilege not a right if you don't like the conditions of owning and operating a vehicle then don't use one.

Awesome idea. Think of how many lives it would save. From abductions to high speed chases.

Still nothing? :( (Good morning. Going to catch up). Please let today be the day she is found...

Josh DeVine ‏@TBIJoshDeVine 4m4 minutes ago
@tabatha64485593 Around 11:15 or 11:30.
View conversation 0 retweets 0 likes

Josh DeVine ‏@TBIJoshDeVine 4m4 minutes ago
MEDIA: I will offer a briefing somewhere around 11:15-11:30 at the corner of Church and Kyle to update you on the search effort.

https://twitter.com/TBIJoshDeVine/with_replies

Good point! I don't know if this is universal among all the states, but my daughter is the same age/grade as CT and this the year where they start doing more in-depth safety classes in our state. Every year they do a session on basic stranger danger, tricky people, good touch/bad touch, etc. But here, at this age they go into much more detail. They split the girls and boys and talk more about physical manifestations of abuse and educate on the type of language and manipulations abusers use. Possibly CT was feeling more empowered that what was happening was wrong and he could sense it?

This the age that I did this. Mind you the man that did this was my uncle but we weren't in contact daily but if he was around I started running the other way. Hiding from him. I realized that I could "control" some of it. I didn't tell anyone for a couple more years but I did manage to slow the occurrences. She seems spunky and smart. I can relate to her so much even all these years later.
I am praying so hard that this ends today !!

Good morning sleuths.

I really hoped to wake and find this thread moved to located alive.

:grouphug:

This little gal has captured our hearts. One thing that cannot be refuted. Websleuths members are passionate about our victims.

#lettodaybetheday

Captured mine for sure. This is the first time I've ever tuned into an ongoing child abduction case. I've always found even the headlines about missing children unbearably painful. What a feeling of powerlessness, to not be able to prevent a child's innocence being brutally destroyed, to not be able to rescue her. :(

Stopped by to skim and haven't left, and will keep doing what is possible, which is praying hard for CT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV