Found Deceased TN - Carolyn Marie Pope, 29, Hickman County, 11 Oct 2019 *car found chopped on blocks*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am thinking the same way. Why haven't they held a press conference? I have been keeping a loose eye on a few of her friends' social media thinking maybe they would post links or maybe hear some things first. I find it a little strange that one of her best friends doesn't really seem very concerned just judging from recent posts. I know everyone deals in their own way and its completely subjective but I feel that it's possible that someone may know more than what they have been saying. I'm still holding hope for this young lady.
Sometimes, LE wants the family and friends to go silent so that the suspect doesn't get away.

The body of a Hickman County mother who went missing nearly two weeks ago has been found.

The Hickman County Sheriff's Office tells News4 that Carolyn Pope was found late Wednesday evening. It is likely arrests will be made in the case, but they do not suspect her death to be a homicide.

Pope was last seen on Friday, Oct. 11. She reportedly left behind her car and cell phone.

Body of missing Hickman County mom found

Authorities have recovered the body of a missing Hickman County woman.

Sheriff Randal Ward confirmed the body of Carolyn Pope was found around 8 p.m. Wednesday in a wooded area of Wrigley near power lines.

Warrants were issued for two men, Mitchell Hinderliter and Christopher Hall for abuse of a corpse, tampering with evidence and false report. Both men were already in jail on unrelated charges.

Her cause of death was not yet known. Sheriff Ward said an autopsy is underway.

Pope had been missing for nearly two weeks.

Friends and family called her disappearance suspicious because her car was found on the side of the road. Her sim card was also missing from her phone.

The 29-year-old leaves behind a young daughter.

The investigation into her death is still active. The Hickman County sheriff's office expects more charges to be filed in the future.

Body of missing Hickman County woman found; 2 charged

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-24-17-32-57_kindlephoto-99629125.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-24-17-32-57_kindlephoto-99629125.png
    357.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_2019-10-24-17-32-50_kindlephoto-99565577.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-24-17-32-50_kindlephoto-99565577.png
    325.6 KB · Views: 53
So maybe she OD’d and these two dumped her body elsewhere to avoid trouble? So sad for her family. :(

Lots of rumors. This is one, but other have different theories, all I know for sure is things may change after the autopsy, via family friend.

(If this violates TOS, please delete)

From the article:

The Hickman County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday afternoon that warrants had been issued for Mitchell Hinderliter and Christopher Hall on charges including abuse of a corpse, evidence tampering and filing a false report. Both were already jailed on unrelated charges, deputies revealed.

Local report
73324636_3103878756354035_5848676190683922432_n.png
Adding link:

Hickman County Sheriff's Office

From the article:

[...]

Carolyn Pope’s body was found near the TVA power lines off of Lyles road in Wrigley.

Hickman County Sheriff Randal Ward tells News 2 a tip led them to the 30-year-old mother. Her body was discovered wrapped in a blanket, under a plastic sheet and debris in a gully near a heavily wooded area.

[...]

Thirty-year-old Carolyn Pope lived in Fairview with her grandmother and her 5-year-old daughter.

Gonzalez describes her as loving and giving, “She was a good person. It’s a tragedy what happened.”

[...]

During the investigation, Pope’s car was recovered on the Hinderliter’s property.

“Her car I reckon was about right there where the frame of that door is,” Anthony Hinderliter pointed out.

His brother, Mitchell Hinderliter is now among those facing charges.

“He wouldn’t tell me nothing. He was being secretive, and I knew something was up,” Anthony told Tennessee River Valley News.

Anthony told TRVN he loved Carolyn Pope and those who had anything to do with her disappearance need to face the consequences.

[...]

The Sheriff says it is still an active investigation and more charges connected to Pope’s death are expected upon the final report of the Medical Examiner.

[...]

The body of a Tennessee mother who was reported missing nearly two weeks ago was discovered on Wednesday and two men were charged with abuse of a corpse, investigators announced Thursday.

Carolyn Pope’s body turned up near power lines in Hickman County, Tenn., which is about an hour from Nashville, a news release from the Hickman County Sheriff’s Office said.

A tip led investigators to the 30-year-old mother, WKRN-TV reported, citing Hickman County Sheriff Randal Ward. Her body reportedly was found wrapped in a blanket, under a plastic sheet and debris in a gully near a heavily wooded area.

“You know we were all praying for a miracle, that she was going to come home. You know that we were going to find her, that she was going to be OK. You know everybody was looking for her, everybody missed her. It’s just heartbreaking,” Pope’s sister-in-law Mary Gonzalez said. “She was a good person. It’s a tragedy what happened.”

Pope lived in Fairview, about a half-hour from Nashville, with her grandmother and 5-year-old daughter.

Pope’s grandmother filed a missing-person report on October 13, the sheriff’s news release said, adding that she was last seen at a home the day before. Since then, the sheriff’s office and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation conducted several search warrants at different homes, on multiple phones and vehicles.

Warrants for Mitchell Hinderliter and Christopher Hall, both of whom were in jail on unrelated charges, were written for abuse of a corpse, tampering with evidence and false reports, the sheriff’s office added.

It was unclear what possible ties the men may have had to Pope. Her car reportedly was recovered on Hinderliter’s property during the investigation.

Her 5-year-old is going to take it really hard. I mean her mom was her superhero, she was her superwoman,” Gonzalez reportedly said. “She would do anything for her. She’s been wondering where she is at, will she ever come home, when she’s going to see her or talk to her and it’s heartbreaking that she has to go through this. It’s heartbreaking that she’s going to grow up not knowing her, you know, only having the memories.”

The investigation was ongoing and more charges connected to Pope’s death were expected after the final report from the medical examiner, the Hickman County Sheriff’s Office said.

Missing Tennessee mother's body found, 2 men charged with abuse of corpse, investigators say

Deputies: Carolyn Pope's body disposed of after possible overdose
A man admitted to Hickman County Sheriff Deputies that he helped another dispose of Carolyn Pope's body after she died of a possible overdose.
An affidavit filed by Hickman County Sheriff's investigators details how Mitchell D. Hinderliter, of Lyles, assisted Christopher Scott Mitchell dispose of Carolyn Pope's body, after she died of an apparent overdose.

So maybe she OD’d and these two dumped her body elsewhere to avoid trouble? So sad for her family. :(

The morning of October 12, Hinderliter was contacted by Hall, saying Pope may have overdosed on drugs. When Hnderliter arrived at Hall's residence, he saw her body in the back seat of her car, covered in a blanket. It was obvious to him she had died.

Hinderliter said he was asked by Hall to drive Pope's vehicle, since it was a standard shift transmission. The two drove her body to an isolated spot off Lyles Lane, near Wrigley Road in Lyles, and to an old dirt trail near power lines.

Hinderliter told investigators he had camped there in the past, and since it had long been used for illegally dumping household garbage, he chose that location to dump the body. Hinderliter also told investigators he remained in the vehicle as hall removed the body.

He led investigators to the location Pope's body, and they reported it was covered in sheets and plastic wrap, with tree branches used to hide her.

The morning of October 12, Hinderliter was contacted by Hall, saying Pope may have overdosed on drugs. When Hnderliter arrived at Hall's residence, he saw her body in the back seat of her car, covered in a blanket. It was obvious to him she had died.

Hinderliter said he was asked by Hall to drive Pope's vehicle, since it was a standard shift transmission. The two drove her body to an isolated spot off Lyles Lane, near Wrigley Road in Lyles, and to an old dirt trail near power lines.

Hinderliter told investigators he had camped there in the past, and since it had long been used for illegally dumping household garbage, he chose that location to dump the body. Hinderliter also told investigators he remained in the vehicle as hall removed the body.

He led investigators to the location Pope's body, and they reported it was covered in sheets and plastic wrap, with tree branches used to hide her.
Ugh! I understand not exactly wanting to call attention to yourself having anything to do with drugs, but dumping your friend’s BODY where garbage gets dumped??? I don’t get it and I never will. Why not at least take her to a hospital and leave her there? Why why why? So sad.

RIP Carolyn.

Ugh! I understand not exactly wanting to call attention to yourself having anything to do with drugs, but dumping your friend’s BODY where garbage gets dumped??? I don’t get it and I never will. Why not at least take her to a hospital and leave her there? Why why why? So sad.

RIP Carolyn.
Why not just call 911 to begin with?

If she over dosed, it will show right away what happened. Do the darn honorable thing and call 911. That would be much more dignified for her and it would eventually clear them of any wrong doing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freedomc
Back