Identified! TN - Cheatham Co, WhtFem 14-20, 566UFTN, poss hitchhiker, cross bite, poor dental care, Oct'81 - Linda Sue Karnes

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This girl whom I've never heard of was just added to NamUs.

Laurie Sibrell
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28556/0

I can't find any photos of her. None of the high schools in Franklin Tennessee have 1977 or 1978 yearbooks in Classmates or Ancestry.

She is listed as having blonde hair, so she is probably not this Jane Doe. The Jane Doe is said to have brown hair teeth that are poorly cared for.

But her age is right, and the 2-year timeline, though a little long, not unreasonably so.

Franklin Tennessee is only about 20 miles from the southern border of Cheatham County. Since the Jane Doe was found in the county dump, she was probably dumped in a different location and transported with the trash to the county dump.

there are several dumps in the county the one i was thinking of is off off highway 12 also known as old ashland city highway but honestly all but 1 are very sucluded

(snipped)

This girl whom I've never heard of was just added to NamUs.

Laurie Sibrell
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28556/0

I can't find any photos of her. None of the high schools in Franklin Tennessee have 1977 or 1978 yearbooks in Classmates or Ancestry.

Her last name is spelled Sibrel, and her first name possibly Lori.

There are a few yearbooks from those years up on classmates now, but I didn't find any Sibrels in them.
I found some of her (likely) relatives, (she has I think, at least one brother, two sisters and mother still around) but couldn't find what high schools they attended.
They live in California, and possibly Texas and Ohio, and the possible mother in Franklin.

Maybe someone with great social skills can contact them or the case worker for more info.

I'm very interested to see what she looks like, she has similar stats to many unidentifieds I "follow".

(snipped)

Her last name is spelled Sibrel, and her first name possibly Lori.

There are a few yearbooks from those years up on classmates now, but I didn't find any Sibrels in them.
I found some of her (likely) relatives, (she has I think, at least one brother, two sisters and mother still around) but couldn't find what high schools they attended.
They live in California, and possibly Texas and Ohio, and the possible mother in Franklin.

Maybe someone with great social skills can contact them or the case worker for more info.

I'm very interested to see what she looks like, she has similar stats to many unidentifieds I "follow".

Whoa, 6 feet tall? Has she been suggested for Lori Ruff? I know hair color is off but teenagers do dye their hair.

Most updated list with 2 more girls added to the rule out list:

Ellen Linda Akers
Sandra Kay Butler
Debra Jean Cole
Carla Corley
Marry A Galloway
Charlotte June Kinsey
Alison Marie Mims
Mary Opitz
Jeanne Geneva Overstreet
Cindia Leann Pallett
Dean Marie Peters
Kathryn Quackenbush
Michele Reidenbach
Ilene K Rubin
Tina Sharp
Lorrine M Weil
Jennifer Wyant

I was thinking about this girl http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/y/younger_janice.html

I thought she resembled the UID...

Current list of rule outs as of 21 August 2017:
  • Kimberly King
  • Teresa McDonald
  • Laurie Sibrell

Cheatham County Jane Doe is featured in a new exhibition hosted by The University of South Florida’s Institute of Forensic Anthropology & Applied Science (IFAAS).

New USF Art Exhibit Aims to Help Solve Cold Case Homicides
Exhibition displays consist of clay busts and drawings, digital compositions, artifacts and information about the crime scenes. Kimmerle, USF graduate students and Sgt. Sergio Soto, a forensic artist with IFAAS, created the reconstructions and exhibit. Their work is part of the ongoing statewide cold case initiative by IFAAS, for which the team conducted a number of forensic methods - such as exhuming Jane and John Doe graves for skeletal analysis, facial and clothing reconstructions, chemical isotope testing of the bones, hair and teeth, as well as DNA testing.

Art of Forensics

Case 5: Young Girl in the Woods

usf16-029c-facial-image-ff-with-logo.jpg

Composite: Erin H. Kimmerle

Hunters found the partial remains of a young white female, approximately 14 to 17-years-old while out hunting. She had straight brown hair. Her manner of death was ruled a homicide. The chemical isotope testing indicates she may not have been born, nor lived a significant amount of time in Tennessee prior to death. More likely she was born in Southern Florida or Central Texas and then resided in the Midwestern U.S. for several years prior to death.

Date of discovery: October 21, 1981

USF16-029C UT: 81-23F
NamUs: UP 1582 NCMEC:1106809

Any information that may assist with this case please contact:
Lee Meadows Jantz, Forensic Anthropology Center, Univ. of TN
(ph.) 865-974-4408 / ljantz@utk.edu

Cheatham County Jane Doe is featured in a new exhibition hosted by The University of South Florida’s Institute of Forensic Anthropology & Applied Science (IFAAS).

Art of Forensics

Hunters found the partial remains of a young white female, approximately 14 to 17-years-old while out hunting. She had straight brown hair. Her manner of death was ruled a homicide. The chemical isotope testing indicates she may not have been born, nor lived a significant amount of time in Tennessee prior to death. More likely she was born in Southern Florida or Central Texas and then resided in the Midwestern U.S. for several years prior to death.

Thanks for this. Is that new info about the isotope testing? I don't think I remember reading that about her before. That's a great lead! To be honest I was so surprised that this wasn't Lori Sibrel but I guess they ruled her out.

Art of Forensics

Thank you so much for this! I didn't know about the isotope testing either. I've suspected that she was not from TN but was a hitchhiker brought into the state by a trucker. It would make sense to me that she came from West of TN along 40W.

I tried to register again, but you are required to have an American adress.. GAH! :mad: Are there any new ruleouts?

I quite like this recon. I often think that many of the reconstructions look the same, but she actually looks like someone you could remember, if you know what I mean. Kudos to Kimmerle for giving CCJD a non-generated hairstyle!

Last edited:
I tried to register again, but you are required to have an American adress.. GAH! :mad: Are there any new ruleouts?

I quite like this recon. I often think that many of the reconstructions look the same, but she actually looks like someone you could remember, if you know what I mean. Kudos to Kimmerle for giving CCJD a non-generated hairstyle!

Rule-outs:

MP28556
Laurie
Sibrell
11/05/1978
Williamson
TN

MP28556
Laurie
Sibrell
11/05/1978
Williamson
TN

MP2544
Kimberly
King
09/15/1979
Oakland
MI

MP18260
Teresa
McDonald
12/15/1980
Murray
GA

MP2345
Carla
Corley
08/12/1980
Jefferson
AL

MP1840
Katheryn
Quackenbush
07/14/1981
Wicomico,
MD

Debra Jean
Cole,
IN

Jeanne Geneva
Overstreet,
AZ

Alison Marie
Mims,
AZ

Marry A
Galloway

Jennifer
Wyant

Charlotte June
Kinsey

Lorrine M
Weil

Cindia Leann
Pallett

Ilene K
Rubin

Tina
Sharp

Dean Marie
Peters
Mary
Opitz

Sandra Kay
Butler

Ellen Linda
Akers

Michele
Reidenbach

Thanks, Dorothyland!

You're welcome!

I'm currently working on a spreadsheet for cross-referencing comparisons of all the victims and potential victims I compiled in the Redhead Murders thread.

I personally think Cheatham County Jane Doe and Campbell County Jane Doe could be related. They're both so young, all of their reconstructions look familial, Campbell County is estimated to have been deceased for potentially as long as Campbell County Jane Doe.

Is it not possible these two young girls, perhaps sisters or cousins in foster care, ran away together because of a horrible foster family (speculation obviously) or something of the like, and caught a ride with a killer who dumped one girl exactly 4 hours before dumping the body of the other precisely along I-40? Perhaps Cheatham County Jane Doe was found in a landfill because she was put in a dumpster at a truck stop?

As far as I'm aware NamUs will only hit if the DNA is an exact match and not a relative? Especially since cousins or half-siblings would share fewer genetic markers.

Am I crazy?

You're welcome!

I'm currently working on a spreadsheet for cross-referencing comparisons of all the victims and potential victims I compiled in the Redhead Murders thread.

I personally think Cheatham County Jane Doe and Campbell County Jane Doe could be related. They're both so young, all of their reconstructions look familial, Campbell County is estimated to have been deceased for potentially as long as Campbell County Jane Doe.

Is it not possible these two young girls, perhaps sisters or cousins in foster care, ran away together because of a horrible foster family (speculation obviously) or something of the like, and caught a ride with a killer who dumped one girl exactly 4 hours before dumping the body of the other precisely along I-40? Perhaps Cheatham County Jane Doe was found in a landfill because she was put in a dumpster at a truck stop?

As far as I'm aware NamUs will only hit if the DNA is an exact match and not a relative? Especially since cousins or half-siblings would share fewer genetic markers.

Am I crazy?
Wow interesting theory! It could make sense.

melinda_karen_creech_2.jpg

melinda_karen_creech_6.jpg

melinda_karen_creech_3.jpg

melinda_karen_creech_1.jpg

Melinda Karen Creech?

From the midwest, she may have hitchhiked around for a year before catching a bad ride. I think the facial reconstruction from MCMEC and the reconstruction from the University of South Florida both resemble her. She's never been compared. She was compared to Warren Country Jane Doe though.

Melinda Karen Creech – The Charley Project

(Edited to add pictures)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member