TN TN - Chloie Leverette, 9, & Gage Daniel, 7, Unionville, 23 Sept 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The TBI said in a news release announcing the Amber Alert that multiple fire experts processed the debris of the burned-down farmhouse and found no trace of the children.

Police say Chloie’s parents are not considered suspects and are cooperating with the investigation.

Gage’s father, Christopher Daniel, told the Associated Press, “I don’t know what to think. I don’t know what to think. They don’t think that they burned up in the fire, the way I took it they don’t.”

Daniel said he had no idea what could have happened to the children who have not been seen since the fire.

Interesting tidbit here: They make it a point to say that Chloie's parents have been cleared and are cooperating. Yet, they do not make that statement for Gage's. Something to think about here.

http://www.examiner.com/article/amb...children-missing-after-grandparents-died-fire

This family is complicated, but as I understand it- Chloie and Gage share a mother.
Chloie's father is the one who died.

Police say that Cholie's parents are not considered suspects and are cooperating with the investigation

That would mean that LE has not ruled out Gage's father- Christopher Daniel.

But the statement about Chloie's parents is in plural. They are cooperating, not she is cooperating. Who else does it refer to if she's only got one parent alive?

Is there a direct quote somewhere?

This story really bothers me. I check for news everyday and there just doesn't seem to be anything on it. Which gives the impress that LE just doesn't care. Who is looking for these children???

Still feel like it's an abduction by a relative.. There are way to many "quiet" people, ie mom, one of the dad's, other grandparents, all saying nothing???? Really? Course this is TN and a strange place so who knows...

But the statement about Chloie's parents is in plural. They are cooperating, not she is cooperating. Who else does it refer to if she's only got one parent alive?

That is an odd statement. I think it's an error. This article refers only to "the parents":

http://gantdaily.com/2012/10/04/search-continues-for-missing-tennessee-kids/
~snipped~
Police said that the parents are not considered suspects and are cooperating with the investigation.

IMO, that means the mother and Gage's dad.

I hope LE is now satisfied that the children were not in the fire and will conduct a more aggressive investigation into their disappearance.

My guess would be Chloie's father's parents (Chloie's other grandparents). Since her father apparently died fairly young, they may have been regarded at some point as having an interest in Chloie's custody and have been cleared as suspects.

Still feel like it's an abduction by a relative.. There are way to many "quiet" people, ie mom, one of the dad's, other grandparents, all saying nothing???? Really? Course this is TN and a strange place so who knows...

Cheryl Leverette, Chloie and Gage's mother, has been cleared.

Chloie's father can't speak out, he's dead.

It does seem strange that only an aunt, Joy Frame, is speaking out. On the other hand, other news stories have said that Molli (or Molly or Mollie, I've seen all three spellings) and Leon McClaran took custody of Chloie and Gage because there was no one else to do so. So perhaps that means that this was not a particularly close family.

What I don't understand is why LE is giving up so quietly on this. It's like they poured all their energy and conviction into finding Chloie and Gage's remains at the fire site and when that didn't happen, they just ran out of juice.

Comments in this make me wonder:

http://www.wkrn.com/story/19836352/...d-county-kids-continues-to-search-for-answers

Presumably the grandparents would have made provision for the grandkids to be taken care of in their will (assuming they had one) - if there's already a fight over property, that could be a motive...

It sounds to me that it is more likely that the McClarans either had no will or wrote their own will and kept it in the house (rather than filing it with their lawyer). A lawyer would have insisted that they go through all eventualities (what do you want if Leon dies? If Mollie dies? If both die together? What if Chloie dies with you? etc) and plan for them. A competent lawyer would, anyway.

If there had been a will, there wouldn't need to be any in-family fighting over property, they'd be going through the court system.

Many people, even people with guardianship of children, don't draw up wills (or durable powers of attorney in case of being mentally incapacitated). It's an uncomfortable subject to deal with and most people think they can do it later.

People often think of their net worth in terms of their income and what they have in the bank and don't realise that they may actually have a lot more wealth than they think in terms of property that is fully paid off, etc. While someone who has an income of, say, $35,000 a year from SS, a pension fund and savings may feel like an ordinary Joe, when you throw in the value of the house they paid off before they retired, the two vehicles in good condition, the recreational vehicle, etc, their total estate could easily be worth over $350K.

For someone whose total assets were worth around $35K, a will may not seem all that important. For someone whose assets are worth 10x that, a will is definitely a good idea. Particularly if they have children.

But when you're in good health, it's so easy to put off thinking about all that.

The aunt says,
"I know someone did this," said Frame. "I know from things I can't talk about, but I know someone did this. It was a homicide. There's no doubt."

http://www.wkrn.com/story/19836352/...d-county-kids-continues-to-search-for-answers

As for my earlier comment that Gage's dad had not been cleared, I am willing to chalk it up to bad reporting. Other articles do say that "the parents" are not suspects. It is only the one article that says Chloie's parents (specifically) are not considered suspects and are cooperating.

This article also says:

http://www.examiner.com/article/two-tennessee-children-vanish-after-grandparents-die-fire

ABC News is also reporting that the parents of the missing children were the target of an investigation conducted by the Department of Children Services between 2006 and 2010. But according to KVUE the parents are not suspects and are cooperating in the investigation.

Where are these 2??? At this point I'd love to see them on Nancy Grace. Anything to get them some exposure.

The aunt says,

As for my earlier comment that Gage's dad had not been cleared, I am willing to chalk it up to bad reporting. Other articles do say that "the parents" are not suspects. It is only the one article that says Chloie's parents (specifically) are not considered suspects and are cooperating.

This article also says:

http://www.examiner.com/article/two-tennessee-children-vanish-after-grandparents-die-fire

If that examiner article is true (it's a site that anyone can post to, so the quality of articles is often dubious), that investigation may be tied to the reason why Leon and Mollie McClaran had custody of the children.

Chloie and Gage...always in thought, always in prayer. I have no answers...I move from a heart of putty to a heart of steel...in a personal quest of seeking the truth for you little ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subzero55
Back