TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we have to do in Tennessee to get the death penalty?

Evidently, to AVOID death, all you have to do is have a few relatives who admit they haven't seen you in years that you are a "good person," flash some cutesy baby pictures and whine about your "unstable" life...

I hope his family never visits his worthless butt!!

Deena and Gary disappointed, "They didn't give Channon and Chris the option to live and die."

Mr Newsom: The jury lets us down. When it came to it they couldn't do it!

Mary says the jury must have fell for his family. His family who's on their way to memphis. They didn't stick around.

Hugh Newsom "The jury let us down." Mary Newsom, "The jury fell for his family's crying." "Where is his family now? They are half way back to Memphis by now!"

Gary: I don't care about appeals (with death sentence), this is personal.
Deena: Let's see if Cobbins family goes to visit him in jail

Deena says lets see how often the family even goes to see him. Isn't there consequences for lying under oath? They hadn't even seen him for years.

Hugh noting one of Cobbins relatives could turn the tears on and off like a "$500 faucet."
Must be talking about "MISHA!"

Talking about one of the girls turning the tears on and off like a faucet. Apologies were contrived.

The cobbins family can take their apologies to he!! according to Mr Christian!

Well, the fact that they all ran off to Memphis and didn't stick around for sentencing speaks loudly!

In six months to a year, a reporter should do an update showing if any of them visited Cobbins.

Well, the fact that they all ran off to Memphis and didn't stick around for sentencing speaks loudly!

Yep, and I wouldn't be surprised if they come back for Davidson and point fingers at "Talvis."

What a bunch of tripe. That's a real great, supportive family; couldn't even stick around for a verdict in Knoxville!!!!

The simple fact that Channon was saving herself for her husband, and they REPEATEDLY violated that, that alone was so heinous, it should have warranted the death! Especially since Cobbins DNA was the only one found in her mouth and her gums/membranes and her mouth were RIPPED!!!! I am sick!! I completely agree with the Newsom and Christian families disappointment with jury. His childhood does NOT MITIGATE!!!!!!! He made the choice for himself! No one else did, he did!

There is nothing in this case that I heard that would've led me to vote LWOP!
no there was not finger prints on the bag or trash can. HE WAS THERE IN THE BEGINING, HE WAS THERE IS THE END. HE DID NOTHING TO HELP THEM. He deserved nothing less than death.

Sickening! Jury was obviously NOT death qualified! What mitigating circumstances?? arghhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad::mad:

Also, why couldn't all of Channons family and friends give impact statements?? Show her darling baby pictures?? Any pictures of her at all except the ravaged ones?? WHY?? Where was her brother? Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents??

This jury had no intention of giving this killer the DP. :furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member