GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully, the wheels of lady justice will turn at a snail's pace for these convicted murderers. :mad:

JMHO
fran

I think all of them should be getting new trials and have another judge take the place of JB. Maybe this time, all the juries will get it right.

I was watching this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHmFueTxDwg

listen to what Hugh Newsom says about JB.......

I think all of them should be getting new trials and have another judge take the place of JB. Maybe this time, all the juries will get it right.

I was watching this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHmFueTxDwg

listen to what Hugh Newsom says about JB.......

I hope like Hell Vanessa, Thomas, Cobbins DO get granted new trials and the jury DOES have to come from Knox County.

I DO NOT think Judge B was the right person to preside over all the trials.

I wish him well in his recovery.

As painful as it is to try this case again, IF I were the Christian/Newsom family I would want new trials.

Judge B lied to the jury when he said that it cost more to execute a person than it does to keep them in prison.

I also didn't understand why the Christian/Newsom families were only allowed to wear buttons while the families of the defendants could get up on the stand and tell why their family member should receive mercy from the Juries.

I hope like Hell Vanessa, Thomas, Cobbins DO get granted new trials and the jury DOES have to come from Knox County.

I DO NOT think Judge B was the right person to preside over all the trials.

I wish him well in his recovery.

As painful as it is to try this case again, IF I were the Christian/Newsom family I would want new trials.

Judge B lied to the jury when he said that it cost more to execute a person than it does to keep them in prison.

I also didn't understand why the Christian/Newsom families were only allowed to wear buttons while the families of the defendants could get up on the stand and tell why their family member should receive mercy from the Juries.

The Cobbins trial, which was the first, had a jury from Nashville. They ruled "mitigation" and gave him "life without parole," instead of a death sentence. Months later, one of the Cobbins jurors was interviewed and she said they would not have imposed the death sentence on Davidson, the ringleader, either.

Even the defense attorneys acting as commentators for Tru TV's replay of the trial were shocked that Cobbins escaped the death sentence.

David In TN

I live overseas and would really like to see this programme. Does anyone know if they are available on line please?

I live overseas and would really like to see this programme. Does anyone know if they are available on line please?

I want to watch it too so I've been looking everywhere. Youtube, Itunes, etc. All I've been able to find is a couple of preview clips linked below. It looks like the stories listed might be phased out as more stories come along. Look for the videos with Cherry Street in the titles.

http://investigation.discovery.com/videos/sins-and-secrets/#icpgn=idnavshss

The ID Channel will show the episode on the Knoxville torture-murders again on Monday June 6 at 9pm ET and again at 12am ET. It repeats again at 6pm ET on Sunday June 12.

David In TN

I think down the line they all will get new trials because of the judge, the thought that the families will have to sit through 4 trials again is horrendous but I think it will happen,

they must be furious at the judge, as must the prosecutors, cops and everybody who worked on the case,

all 4 of them must have thought there birthdays and christmases had come all at once when they found out that the Judge had stepped down and it was found he was buying drugs off a felon,

I am so heartbroken for the families. They deserve better than this.

A motion filed Tuesday alleges state prosecutors may have been witnesses to misconduct by former Knox County Criminal Court Judge Richard Baumgartner before a probe of his illegal pill-buying ended.
Editor's note: Defense attorneys in the Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom case have until Sept. 8 to file motions for new trials. The date was incorrect in an earlier version of this story.

More at link
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/aug/03/motion-knox-prosecutors-witnesses-against-ex-judge/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back