GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cole Sullivan‏Verified account @cole_sull 1h1 hour ago
She steps down. Fitzgerald calls Cassie Suttles next. Promises it's going to be short. Cassie is Sutton's friend she was staying with. She told Davidson he needed to go. She dropped him off at Boyd's apartment complex. #boydtrial

Suttles also says Davidson showed up 10:30pm or 11pm at night in a 4Runner, presumably Channon's. Frazier is crossing now. #boydtrial

Suttles also didn't see Boyd at the apartment. She steps down.
Attorneys approach judge. #boydtrial

Madisen Keavy‏Verified account @madisenkeavy 1h1 hour ago
"We've run out of things to do, in fact." Judge McGee tells jurors as he's dismissing them for the day. #WATE #BoydTrial

Judge to jury: "We're proceeding well, out of things to do in fact, so we're going to let you go early." Court is ending for the day. We'll be back early at 9am. #boydtrial

Madisen Keavy‏Verified account @madisenkeavy 1h1 hour ago
Tomorrow court begins right at 9AM. #BoydTrial #WATE

I have a lot to catch up on! @YESorNO and @mocity Thank you so much for posting the tweets and video, it’s so appreciated!

The witness that drove these miscreants to KY, Ms. Long....I can’t even imagine how she felt once she realized who they were, what they had done and that she was alone with them. Terrifying!

Jesse Weber, Wendy Patrick & Matthew Mangino Discuss George Thomas Testimony in Eric Boyd Trial 0808

Jesse Weber, Jennifer Bohr-Cuevas & Matthew Mangino Discuss the Eric Boyd Trial 080819

Eric Boyd Trial Day 3 Witnesses: Cross Examination of George Thomas, Jody Long & Ethel Jones

Aug 8, 2019

Jesse Weber & Terri Austin Discuss the Testimony of George Thomas in Eric Boyd Trial 080819

I have just really started following this case with this trial. So as this trial is happening I am also going over all of the previous threads (I know it’s like reading the last chapter of a book first). I’m currently on thread 7, I think, and I’ve just watched Mr. Christian’s impact statement for LD’s trial; that poor man bleeds love continuously for Channon every second of everyday. I think the only solace he’ll ever get is when he gets to see his baby girl again. And not a second before. It is so incredibly heartbreaking. JMO

I have just really started following this case with this trial. So as this trial is happening I am also going over all of the previous threads (I know it’s like reading the last chapter of a book first). I’m currently on thread 7, I think, and I’ve just watched Mr. Christian’s impact statement for LD’s trial; that poor man bleeds love continuously for Channon every second of everyday. I think the only solace he’ll ever get is when he gets to see his baby girl again. And not a second before. It is so incredibly heartbreaking. JMO

The beautiful thing is that he came back to Christ 2 years ago. He has a slice of peace now but certainly will never fully heal until he sees Channon again.

Eric Boyd Trial Day 3 Witnesses CSI Timothy Schade, Patricia Resig, Sp Agt Daniel Foster & Russell Whitfield - Forensics

Aug 8, 2019

---

Eric Boyd Trial Day 3 Witnesses: TBI Laura Hodge Derek Norris Daphne Sutton - Davidson's Girlfriend

Aug 8, 2019

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 4h4 hours ago
WATCH LIVE: Day 4 in the Eric #BoydTrial. Boyd is charged with the kidnapping, rape and murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom.

Watch Live: Eric Boyd on Trial over Rapes and Murders of Tennessee Couple

Madisen Keavy‏Verified account @madisenkeavy 4h4 hours ago
WATCH LIVE: When court begins, @6News will be streaming this #LIVE on our website. You can follow along: https://www.wate.com/watch-live-events/ … #BoydTrial #WATE

Live Event Coverage

Last edited:
Cole Sullivan‏Verified account @cole_sull 4h4 hours ago
Here’s a recap of where we’ve been so far from @WBIR. #boydtrial We’ve had more than two dozen witnesses for the state. We’re still waiting on the medical examiner, which was typically been the final witness called by the prosecution.

Boyd trial, Day 4 | Medical examiner is expected to testify after lunch

Here comes the judge and we’re in session. Join us LIVE on the @WBIR app and on http://WBIR.com #boydtrial

Judge McGee is seated. Jurors are coming in. #BoydTrial #WATE

First witness for the state is the representative from Sprint. His name is Ricardo Leal. #boydtrial

He's provided cell phone records of Lemaricus Davidson before in other trials. #BoydTrial #WATE

He's explaining how to read the cell phone records. #BoydTrial #WATE

They're looking at records for Lemaricus Davidson's phone.
Boyd is back in his dark color suit today, sitting next to his lawyer.
As the sprint rep reads out the number, TaKisha Fitzgerald writes in on a piece of poster paper in the courtroom. #boydtrial

TaKisha Fitzgerald notes Page 68 -- that shows phone calls in January 3rd then a gap to Jan. 7. #BoydTrial #WATE

"If there's a lapse in time. Either there's no service or the phone is out of battery." #BoydTrial #WATE

2:54 AM is the first phone call after the break in Davidson's records. #BoydTrial #WATE

He's walking the state through those phone calls in this log. He's reading the cell phone number that received the call. #BoydTrial #WATE

Sprint representative steps down. Now we're hearing from a Verizon representative. #BoydTrial #WATE
The day is starting with telephone record keepers. #BoydTrial #WATE
First Sprint, now Verizon. #BoydTrial #WATE

Now a verizon rep is called. Tim Gray. More procedural (read: boring, but probably important) questions. He steps down #BoydTrial

Verizon representative is reviewing the phone logs, we're seeing a large printed version of those. #BoydTrial #WATE

Verizon steps down. #BoydTrial #WATE

State is moving right along, they have been all week. #BoydTrial #WATE

Next up another inmate. Jason Mynatt. He's in custody on a matter that has nothing to do with this case. #boydtrial

He doesn't know anyone in the case. He doesn't know why anyone would be calling his phone at 2:10am on Jan 7. He remembers waking up that morning to some random missed calls. He steps down. #boydtrial

Not to get ahead of the prosecution on this, but I believe the state has made the case previously that the wrong number call was meant for one of the suspects in the case and went to Mynatt instead. His number is one off from one of the suspects. **if my memory serves me right

#BoydTrial - Jason Mynatt received a call from an unknown number at 2:10 am on the 7th. Taylor Shadix knew Davidson. Her number is 1 number off of Mynatt's. From previous trials, we know that prosecutors say Davidson was using Chris Newsom's phone trying to call Shadix.

EBiFylxUYAEfHio.png
EBiFzXeUcAExpyD.png

Thanks for the posts @YESorNO. I'm listening from work and missing a lot so these are helpful.

Kind of O/T, my husband said I was talking in my sleep last night and was looking for Chris and Channon. I'm afraid he might ground me from websleuths. :eek:

Danielle Lightfoot is on the stand, next witness. #BoydTrial #WATE

Danielle Lightfood is next. She identifies Eric Boyd. Says she's known Eric Boyd for a while. Says January was her birthday month and she parties all month, including in Jan 2007 with Boyd and Davidson. #boydtrial

#BoydTrial - Danielle Lightfoot knew Eric Boyd in 2007. She allowed Boyd and Lamaricus Davidson spend the night at her house on Jan. 9, 2007 after the murders. She said the next day she saw the story on the news and Davidson blamed his half-brother, Cobbins.

EBiBSe5U0AA2rol.png

She identifies Boyd in the courtroom, procedure. #BoydTrial #WATE
Lightfoot knew Boyd in Jan. 2007. #BoydTrial #WATE
She also knew Davidson. #BoydTrial #WATE

She knew Boyd since Sept. 2006, met Davidson of October of 2006. #BoydTrial #WATE

Lightfoot's birthday is Jan. 5th, she says she celebrates around that time. #BoydTrial #WATE

Davidson and Boyd come to her birthday party on Jan. 9th. #BoydTrial #WATE

It was a Tuesday, after the murders. #BoydTrial #WATE

Lightfoot says Davidson and Boyd come to her house, she's there with another friend. #BoydTrial #WATE

She says they went into the kitchen of her house when they go inside. #BoydTrial #WATE
Lightfoot says she stays in the living room with her friend. #BoydTrial #WATE
She said Davidson and Boyd talked for a bit. #BoydTrial #WATE
They ask to stay at Lightfoot's apartment. #BoydTrial #WATE
They ask if Boyd's cousin can come by her house, a male, (not his cousin who testified already.) #BoydTrial #WATE
Boyd's cousin comes for a few minutes, then leaves. #BoydTrial #WATE

She says Davidson asked to stay the night at Lightfood's apartment after the crime on Chipman St.. Boyd was there too. Boyd's cousin comes by for a bit too. Lightfood says she saw on TV the house on Chipman St., but didn't know it was related to Davidson. #boydtrial

On Tuesday night, Davidson and Boyd spend the night at her apartment. On Wednesday, Lightfoot saw Davidson's face on the news. He was still in the living room. Davidson claimed he didn't know what was going on. #boydtrial

Lightfoot says she notices "something on TV" related to the murders. She sees the Chipman St. house. #BoydTrial #WATE

"After watching it I was like, 'Man that's messed up'" --Lightfoot's take on seeing the events that police were investigating related to the kidnapping and murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom. #BoydTrial #WATE

This is on Tuesday night. Davidson and Boyd stay at her apartment that night. #BoydTrial #WATE

Lightfoot gets a phone call Wednesday morning from a friend to take a trip to ATL. #BoydTrial #WATE

"When the news came on, that's when I saw Mr. Davidson's face. That's when I was like, ok 'What the hell is going on?'" #BoydTrial #WATE

Davidson starts pointing the finger at his brother. #BoydTrial #WATE

Lightfoot tells Davidson to turn himself in for questioning if he's innocent. #BoydTrial #WATE

Davidson tells Lightfoot he can't go to the police because there are guns/drugs in the Chipman St. house. #BoydTrial #WATE

Davidson blames his half-brother, Letalvis Cobbins. #BoydTrial #WATE

Lightfoot gives Boyd her house key. She still doesn't know what was going on, but she says she "trusted E" #BoydTrial #WATE

"I trusted E {Eric Boyd} because he was neighbor in for a while." Lightfoot gives Boyd and Davidson her house key and goes to Atlanta for the day. When she comes back that night, she kicks Davidson and Boyd out of her house. #boydtrial

"Please stay in my house, I don't know what's going on. Just stay here."#BoydTrial #WATE

"When you live in the projects, one person hears something, it travels like wildfire." #BoydTrial #WATE

Lightfoot comes back to her apartment that night on Wednesday, tells Boyd and Davidson to "go." #BoydTrial #WATE

Lightfoot is the 4th witness we've heard from today. #BoydTrial #WATE

Davidson and Boyd ask Lightfoot if they can stay until the evening at her apartment. #BoydTrial #WATE
"They left, but they both gave me a hug and said thank you." #BoydTrial #WATE
"Davidson said 'You'll be repayed' This is one hell of a repayment." #BoydTrial #WATE
"Next time I saw Mr. Boyd is when I was taking my trash out."#BoydTrial #WATE
Boyd tells Lightfoot he needs to talk to her. #BoydTrial #WATE
Boyd tells her they got Davidson.#BoydTrial #WATE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member