TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary says VC's attorney in court today....obviously he's getting ready to go to trial.

I don't mean this to be disrespectful, but I wish the Christians would let the Newsomes answer some of the questions.

BTW, G. Thomas' trial will be in a different county.

Deena calling the kids' friends and family to come stand with them:

2jchdsx.jpg

(I forgot what it was, but he was saying something important here. :blush:)
23ru3kh.jpg

Families thanking everyone, and Hugh calling for applauding the jury as heroes:

155nm38.jpg

Gary asking everyone to pray for the jury.

Muffet, thank you so much for posting all the pics. Gives me a good idea of what all is going on.

I think Boyd will be charged and tried by the state. I think that's why his interrogation has been sealed.

I'm sure this whole presser will be available online to view later - I'll link to it as soon as I see it...

Criminal responsibility law being explained by Hugh Newsom.

IMO, the Cobbins jury didn't grasp that. Shame of them.

Hugh talking about being reprimanded over a couple of issues. After all the trials he will set that straight. They don't make threats or behave that way.

IMO, he's talking about the altercation with Trant on the first day of the trial.

Hugh Newsom commenting about his family being reprimanded by the court for the confrontation with the defense attorney. Hugh saying after the trials he will discuss with the media what really happened, that his family did not instigate that encounter.

Hugh takes no pride in someone getting the DP, but Davidson deserved it.

Hugh giving his thoughts:
69e3df.jpg

Relative of the Christian family thanking the city, and saying she taught Gary everything she knows, except his orneriness. ;):
98uhjk.jpg

Davidson put his kids through horrible pain and suffering. DP for that is the right decision.

I want to know how Cobbins was put into a medium security prison when he attacked a guard while waiting for trial?

A just and deserving verdict... kudos to the jury.

Deena going after WBIR analyst. Setting record straight about victim impact statements.

Gary, now asking where all the mitigating witness were today.

I'm sure this whole presser will be available online to view later - I'll link to it as soon as I see it...

Thanks so much Muffet for the photos. This has been such an emotional trial. Justice has been served or will be as soon as that needle is applied. I have served on Capital Murder trials with the death penalty and when questioned for the jury was asked if I could sentence someone to death. I told them that if the man was found guilty for rape and the murder of a young mother and her two toddlers, I could give the needle to them myself and feel no remorse at all. Believe it or not, I was chosen for the jury. I have no problem with the death sentence in this case at all. Monsters like this are the reason that the death sentence exists today. If he didn't deserve it, no one does. Are there any videos of the actual sentencing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89