GUILTY TN - Correctional officer Wayne Morgan, 56, shot dead by escapee's wife, 9 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's too bad that the criminals have all the rights. If she could have been arrested as a nurse for sneaking a prisoner food, then all this might have been prevented. I'll bet there was a lot more going on that sneaking of food while she was a nurse, and that is just all that they could prove or give as a reason for firing. I don't understand how any woman can feel sorry for any of these men in prison. He isn't even good looking but some of the family said that he had manipulated women before.

txsvicki said:
It's too bad that the criminals have all the rights. If she could have been arrested as a nurse for sneaking a prisoner food, then all this might have been prevented. I'll bet there was a lot more going on that sneaking of food while she was a nurse, and that is just all that they could prove or give as a reason for firing. I don't understand how any woman can feel sorry for any of these men in prison. He isn't even good looking but some of the family said that he had manipulated women before.

He had manupilated other women before, when he escaped, I believe, 3 other times, always with the help from these "girlfriends".
Honestly I don't understand how, what about the security?
He's a very small man, I was surprised when I saw him.
On the local news here, last night, they showed how they now keep an eye on them.
They have separate cells, each their own.
They are escorded by at least 3 deputies, and a camera follow their every move, when they are out of their cells. They have no contact with the other inmates.
Good for them, their lives are over. :bang: They did it themself.
I do think they will get the death penalty.

Hey Noorbe......saw you on the TODAY show this morning. I told my husband "I KNOW THAT WOMAN!" It was so funny!

Glad you were able to be there. This tragedy took place about an hour and a half away from us. The funeral was yesterday for the deputy killed.....huge crowd......so sad for his family.

I don't normally watch the news, Noorbe :eek: I tried to see if I could find something on CNN's webpage but there wasn't many pictures to see about this case.. When I read this thread I tried to see if I could find a news channel that was covering the case and I couldn't find one at the time.. Is there a link you could send me so I can see you.. :p

I saw you on tv last night! That must have been really interesting to see up close and personal. How cool.

One news cast did say that the kids are with their father, apparently were on summer visitation or something. Can you imagine this first husband's shock over all this! And he has to tell the kids...no doubt his household has just permanently increased by three. I feel bad for the kids.

PaperDoll said:
I don't normally watch the news, Noorbe :eek: I tried to see if I could find something on CNN's webpage but there wasn't many pictures to see about this case.. When I read this thread I tried to see if I could find a news channel that was covering the case and I couldn't find one at the time.. Is there a link you could send me so I can see you.. :p

Try this:

http://www.courttv.com/news/index.html

That's court tv. You see a pic. of him with his lawyer, inbetween there is me (blurry)
They just showed it again on MSNBC, and Fox, it's all over.
Very strange to see Noorbe on tv + the web.:eek:

PaperDoll said:
doll, this is a good website, with lots of pic. on it. Baleuf made me aware of it.

http://www.nbc4i.com/mostpopular/index.html pictures

http://www.wbns10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3715431&nav=LUERdGtD
video of the courtroom, defendants, judge, lawyer, and noorbe.

Almost from the outset, reports about the involvement of a former Utah woman in a Tennessee shootout that left a law officer dead and another wounded have made comparisons to the 1930s exploits of "Bonnie and Clyde."
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600155583,00.html

About a month ago, Floyd Forsyth received a call from his daughter in Tennessee, Jennifer Hyatte.

Jennifer Hyatte appears Friday for an extradition hearing in Columbus, Ohio.

Hyatte asked her father, a former police officer, about getting a handcuff key. She told him her husband, George Hyatte, was about to get out of prison.
Little did Forsyth know how ominous that conversation really was.
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600155582,00.html

Still, when Common Pleas Court Judge Jennifer Brunner told her on Friday she could get the death penalty if convicted in Tennessee, she slumped back in her chair.

Her court-appointed lawyer, John Sproat, when asked afterward if she'd been aware of the death penalty risk, said, "I don't think so - probably not."
http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/local_news/article/0,1406,KNS_347_3999489,00.html

Boy, I can see where this is going. She is going to play the"totally manipulated by a man" game. Goodness, this is 2005 and women don't have to be controlled and/or consenting as before......way before like the 70's. She had her own interest and planned to have her responsibilities out of the way for this to occur. Afterall, he was behind bars and couldn't truly control her. They are both sick "f----" and need to be behind bars forever.

concernedperson said:
Boy, I can see where this is going. She is going to play the"totally manipulated by a man" game. Goodness, this is 2005 and women don't have to be controlled and/or consenting as before......way before like the 70's. She had her own interest and planned to have her responsibilities out of the way for this to occur. Afterall, he was behind bars and couldn't truly control her. They are both sick "f----" and need to be behind bars forever.

They just wanted to be together she told somebody.
Hmmm, must have been true love, not!

mysteriew said:
noorbe I just posted some new articles on this couple in the thred in Crimes in the News. http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=766042#post766042 They are really gotta reads.
One article describes the hearing, and I swear you must have written it, it is exactly as you reported after the hearing.

Thanks for that mysteriew.
I did look the other day if there was an other post on this, and I could not find it.
Man this so bad.
This guy has the worst temper. He was cursing at the judge, arguing with his lawyer.
Jennifer looked very scarred in court.
There is a pic. on the nbc website, I posted, you can see her looking behind her, looking (for someone?) that's when she locked eyes with me. bbrrrr.
I'll never forget that. Sheer desperation.
She did not have a crimal record, was a nurse, got manipulted by this dude, and this where she is now.
She has 3 kids. :(
Let me tell you, the jail here in Columbus Ohio, is rated as one of the worst ones in the whole country.
And now they are treaded as the worst of the worst.
Can you imagine?
Never been in jail, and now this. because you fell in "love".

Evidently the argument with his attorney was because he wasn't going to fight extadition, until he found out that she was fighting it. Then he decided to fight it too.

From what they are saying, Jennifer was shocked to find out that the DP was a possibility in her case.

mysteriew said:
Evidently the argument with his attorney was because he wasn't going to fight extadition, until he found out that she was fighting it. Then he decided to fight it too.

From what they are saying, Jennifer was shocked to find out that the DP was a possibility in her case.
Oh, yah when the judge said this: death, life without parole, or life in prison, she slumbed back.
At first George's lawyer asked the judge if he could just represent George.
The Judge said No, because accoording to the law, he had to hear this from the judge, and not via his laywer.
So after 5 min, or so they brought him in.
He was pissing mad.
They tied 2 handcuffs on him, and I could see they where very very tight. one was made from plastic the other steel, or wathever they use.
He said: I'm not going to this every f8888ng day, I just want to go back to Tenn.
Give me the papers judge I'll sign them.
Then his lawyer told him about what his wife had done, so he changed his mind.
The judge repeadly asked George if he wanted to talk to the lawyer in private.
He kept saying NO NO.
It was odd. Scarry. tense.
Maybe you've read some of the other posts I wrote, this is NO picknick for those two in jail in Frankling County, let me tell you.:razz:

I can't believe anyone with the education level of a nurse, would be shocked that he/she might get the death penalty after shooting a law enforcement officer.

Seriously I wondered if she was on drugs or just in pathological reality denial.

Jennifer Forsyth Hyatte's father says he suspected his daughter was planning to help free her incarcerated husband and asked a Utah probation officer to alert authorities in Tennessee.

Utah Department of Corrections officials acknowledge receiving the information from Floyd Forsyth, and said the officer planned to contact his counterparts in Tennessee on Tuesday–the same day police say Jennifer Hyatte shot and killed a prison guard as her husband, George Hyatte, was being led from a courthouse.

Floyd Forsyth said that in a phone conversation three weeks ago his daughter asked him if he "had any spare handcuff keys.'' Forsyth said Jennifer, 31, told him she was expecting her husband to be released from prison soon and planned to "handcuff him to the bed.''

That remark and his daughter's frequently changing accounts of her husband's legal status triggered the instincts Forsyth said he developed over 16 years as an Emery County sheriff's deputy.
http://kutv.com/topstories/local_story_225132816.html

By JENNIFER DOBNER
The Associated Press
Saturday, August 13, 2005; 7:30 AM

SALT LAKE CITY -- The father of a woman accused of killing a corrections officer to free her inmate husband said he suspected the couple might be planning an escape and asked a Utah probation officer to alert authorities in Tennessee.However, the information never reached Tennessee because it "didn't appear to raise any red flags," Utah Department of Corrections spokesman Jack Ford said Friday.He said the Utah officer had planned to contact officials in Tennessee on Tuesday _ the day police said Jennifer Hyatte, 31, ambushed two prison guards as her husband, George Hyatte, was being led from a courthouse in Kingston, Tenn.

The Hyattes, now held in a jail in Ohio where they were captured Wednesday, are fighting extradition to Tennessee on warrants of first-degree murder.Floyd Forsyth, Jennifer Hyatte's father, said that in a phone conversation three weeks ago his daughter asked him if he "had any spare handcuff keys." She was expecting her husband to be released from prison soon and wanted to "handcuff him to the bed," Forsyth said.:eek:

more at link:http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/13/AR2005081300303.html

Captured fugitives George and Jennifer Hyatte will not return to Tennessee to face first-degree murder charges today, Roane County Sheriff David Haggard said at a morning press conference.
Haggard said he did not know when the U.S. Marshal's Service would transfer the prisoners, who are charged in the Aug. 9 slaying of a prison guard outside the Roane County Courthouse.

Haggard blamed the delay on the tight schedule since the couple's extradition hearing was held this morning in Columbus, Ohio. Officials had hoped their arraignment might occur as early as today.

Meanwhile, in Roane County, Public Defender Joe Walker has asked to be recused from the case because one of his assistants witnessed Jennifer Hyatte in the courtroom on Aug. 9, Roane County Sessions Court Judge Dennis Humphrey said. Later that day, authorities allege, Jennifer Hyatte shot a prison guard so her husband could escape.

Walker's assistant may be called as a witness at trial, which would create a conflict for his office in defending Hyatte.
http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/local_news/article/0,1406,KNS_347_4014666,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back