Found Deceased TN - Dakota Bingham, 28, left Nobles sports bar & TA Truck Stop, East Nashville, 10 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
•was next seen at the TA Truck Stop, 111 N. First St., around midnight which is also the same area/time where his phone was last detected.

Also, police were able to ping his phone to see that he was near the truck stop before his phone was turned off around 1:30 a.m.

<snipped and BBM to point out>

So if he was seen at the truck stop around midnight and still near there around 1:30am JMO I would be thoroughly checking that area out first. Many semi trucks pulling in and out of a truck stop (did he sit down for a minute and get run over?) - and the river is mighty close:

upload_2021-10-13_14-10-5.png

<snipped and BBM to point out>

So if he was seen at the truck stop around midnight and still near there around 1:30am JMO I would be thoroughly checking that area out first. Many semi trucks pulling in and out of a truck stop (did he sit down for a minute and get run over?) - and the river is mighty close:

View attachment 317220

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

His phone last pinged 1.5 miles away from his last seen location near Jefferson Street/Top Golf on October 11, 2021 at 1:21am, two hours after his missed Lyft ride.

Top Golf is a mile from the truck stop.
Google Maps

I agree; I’d start looking around that area.

Nashville police and the Nashville Fire Department are investigating an arson and homicide after they said a body was found in a burning van outside a Goodlettsville church Tuesday night.

Nashville fire crews responded to the 500 block of Cunniff Parkway just off Green Acres Drive about 8:40 p.m., for a report of a vehicle on fire, spokeswoman Kendra Loney said Wednesday.

Nashville police: Body found in burning van near Goodlettsville church

Here's what @Stormball mentioned. How far is this from the truck stop?

Regarding the scooter, I read a comment that the scooters in Nashville "cut out" after a certain time and are unusable - that might be why it said that he "briefly" got on a scooter (maybe it wouldn't go).

I did find this about a Nashville amendment after an inebriated person was killed on a scooter in Nashville, but don't know if it's in force now:
For riders, the amendment adds the following rules: Allows for the creation of “no ride” and “slow ride” zones. Prohibits scooter rental after 10 p.m. on weekdays and 11 p.m. on weekends.

Nashville police and the Nashville Fire Department are investigating an arson and homicide after they said a body was found in a burning van outside a Goodlettsville church Tuesday night.

Nashville fire crews responded to the 500 block of Cunniff Parkway just off Green Acres Drive about 8:40 p.m., for a report of a vehicle on fire, spokeswoman Kendra Loney said Wednesday.

Nashville police: Body found in burning van near Goodlettsville church

Here's what @Stormball mentioned. How far is this from the truck stop?

Interesting, it doesn't seem too far, approx 9 mines from where his phone last pinged. I wonder if there is a connection.

after the scooter ride was cut short, did he walk to the truck stop to get breakfast? When I was drinking, ands partying in my younger days, we always wanted omelettes and hash browns about 2 am.

Truck stops are known places that scammers/grifters look for targets. If he came in looking tipsy, someone may have befriended him, bought him breakfast and offered him a ride home.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The search for a missing man in East Nashville has now led detectives to the Cumberland River.

Dakota Bingham, 28, was reported missing this week, last seen Sunday night in front of Hunter’s Station in East Nashville.

Now, detectives investigating his disappearance say they located surveillance video Wednesday that shows a man, believed to be Bingham, struggling to stay afloat in the Cumberland River just after midnight Monday.

An MNPD helicopter is currently checking the river for any sign of Bingham.

Police search over Cumberland River for missing 28-year-old last seen in East Nashville

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — The search for a missing man in East Nashville has now led detectives to the Cumberland River.

Dakota Bingham, 28, was reported missing this week, last seen Sunday night in front of Hunter’s Station in East Nashville.

Now, detectives investigating his disappearance say they located surveillance video Wednesday that shows a man, believed to be Bingham, struggling to stay afloat in the Cumberland River just after midnight Monday.

Police search over Cumberland River for missing 28-year-old last seen in East Nashville

Oh no! That really really does not bode well for a positive outcome!

Sad but certainly not unexpected in these circumstances. I hope the increase in CCTV will finally dispel the “smiley face killer” foolishness, and perhaps provide some insight into why intoxicated young men are drawn to the water.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/family-friends-continue-searching-for-missing-nashville-man

Police said on Wednesday, investigators located surveillance video showing a man, believed to be missing 28-year-old Dakota Bingham, struggling to stay afloat in the Cumberland River just after midnight on Monday.

Bingham's mom and girlfriend both flew from California to Nashville to help search for him.

They said his car is still at his home and there's no record of him at any of the local hospitals or jails.

"My gut tells me that he's already gone because they would've found him by now," said Rhonda Bingham, his mother. "I just want to take my son home."

How terribly heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers
Back