Found Deceased TN - Dakota Bingham, 28, left Nobles sports bar & TA Truck Stop, East Nashville, 10 Oct 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Missing man last seen leaving East Nashville, TN bar

Dakota Bingham was last seen at 11:30 p.m. in front of Hunter’s Station in East Nashville.

Bingham was with his friends at Nobles sports bar. According to police, Bingham consumed a lot of alcohol before leaving the bar.

Investigators said that he told his friends that he would be riding a scooter to his apartment on McGavock Street off West End.

Surveillance video in the area captured him walking away on foot. Detectives reviewed the video and said that he walked to 5th and Main, where he briefly got onto a scooter.

Then he was next seen at the TA Truck Stop located at 111 North 1st Street around Midnight. That’s also the same area and time his phone was last detected.

Bingham is described as being 5’10, weighing 160 pounds, with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair.

Dakota-Bingham.jpg

Here is a link to a "walking" map I made based on the information from the above post. Uh oh....appears that he would have been close to the Cumberland River on his way home. We know that young men, alcohol and water are NOT a good mix. I sure hope he is found safe!

Google Maps
FYI, your map mistakenly shows 1111 N 1st St instead of 111 N 1st (1st and Main) where the TA Truck Stop is. Main would be a straight shot home for Dakota from the bar, with the river shortly after where he was last seen at the truck stop. Agreed that is concerning. I would think they will concentrate searches along the riverfront parks and the river.

I'm looking at your map (love) however I can't find the 111 N. First St. I seen HWY 11, not sure if its the same yet can't find N. First St.

Google Maps

It's directly below in the snapshot I took from the map. He started at 974 Main Street. He got on a scooter briefly at 5th & Main St. and then went to 111 North 1st Street. Follow the blue dots. Of course this is just a possible route according to Google Maps....he could have gone in any direction. However, if he headed to his apartment on McGavock, I believe he would have been close to the river at some point.

upload_2021-10-12_22-3-48.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-10-12_22-2-31.png
    upload_2021-10-12_22-2-31.png
    102 KB · Views: 10
FYI, your map mistakenly shows 1111 N 1st St instead of 111 N 1st (1st and Main) where the TA Truck Stop is. Main would be a straight shot home for Dakota from the bar, with the river shortly after where he was last seen at the truck stop. Agreed that is concerning. I would think they will concentrate searches along the riverfront parks and the river.

Great catch! Thanks! I have corrected the map. Here is the new link!
Google Maps

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Dakota Bingham

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dakota Bingham went missing on October 10, 2021.

His last known location was Nobles in East Nashville around 11:30PM.

According to his Lyft Records, he was supposed to get into a Lyft ride he had ordered at 11:31PM, but he never made it into that Lyft and he never made it home.

No one has heard from him since.

His phone last pinged 1.5 miles away from his last seen location near Jefferson Street/Top Golf on October 11, 2021 at 1:21am, two hours after his missed Lyft ride.

Dakota Bingham is roughly 5'10", 160lbs.
He has dirty blond hair and blue eyes.
He has a large Santa Cruz screaming hand tattooed on his ribs and an octopus tattooed on his calf.

Friends concerned after man disappears in East Nashville on Sunday night

Johnisee said she thought Bingham was going to ride a scooter back to his apartment in Midtown, but it turns out he ordered a Lyft that was supposed to pick him up in front of Hunters Station.

He never got in that Lyft, but there is surveillance video of him walking in the area.

surveillance video showed
•Bingham walked to Fifth and Main where he briefly got onto a scooter before leaving on foot. •was next seen at the TA Truck Stop, 111 N. First St., around midnight which is also the same area/time where his phone was last detected.

Also, police were able to ping his phone to see that he was near the truck stop before his phone was turned off around 1:30 a.m.

I agree, really bad combo. But I know him personally. We have grown up in the ocean, I’ve watched him cliff jump into huge waves. Not at all discrediting this theory of the river being involved but he’s not an inexperienced swimmer. He’s a skater mostly but does great on a surfboard too. Rivers are different though, with their own dangers that he might not be accustomed to.
That is good to hear. Maybe he avoided that disaster.

Sadly, when we follow a lot of missing persons cases here, there is a very tragic pattern---for some unknown reason, intoxicated young men, who are leaving bars on the walk home, tragically end up in rivers. No one really knows why.

I used to speculate that they maybe decided to urinate quickly on the shore, and being drunk they may fall in?

Others have speculated there is a roving serial killer

Deaths of Male College Students/The River Killers

Deaths of Male College Students/The River Killers
Compilation of information on similar deaths around the country - are they connected?
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S422920.shtml?cat=1

This is from the Star Tribune (Minneapolis). LE officials are taking a look at the deaths of male college students throughout the nation. In every case the cause of death has been drownings, but maybe not...

I KNOW DAKOTA ISNT A STUDENT--but this ^^ thread is about dozens of males who walked out of a bar, and went missing, mysteriously. Many ended up in the water.

Last edited:
I agree, really bad combo. But I know him personally. We have grown up in the ocean, I’ve watched him cliff jump into huge waves. Not at all discrediting this theory of the river being involved but he’s not an inexperienced swimmer. He’s a skater mostly but does great on a surfboard too. Rivers are different though, with their own dangers that he might not be accustomed to.

Welcome to WebSleuths Stormball...though I'm sorry for the circumstances that bring you here. With all due respect, even strong, experienced swimmers can drown while inebriated. I sincerely hope your friend is found safe and well.

I’m sorry your friend is missing. Sadly, the first thing I thought when I saw the circumstances was, “oh no, wonder where the water is.” It’s good to know Dakota is comfortable around water. I hope that kept him from harm. Praying he shows up safe and sound soon!

Friends concerned after man disappears in East Nashville on Sunday night

Johnisee said she thought Bingham was going to ride a scooter back to his apartment in Midtown, but it turns out he ordered a Lyft that was supposed to pick him up in front of Hunters Station.

He never got in that Lyft, but there is surveillance video of him walking in the area.

surveillance video showed
•Bingham walked to Fifth and Main where he briefly got onto a scooter before leaving on foot. •was next seen at the TA Truck Stop, 111 N. First St., around midnight which is also the same area/time where his phone was last detected.

Also, police were able to ping his phone to see that he was near the truck stop before his phone was turned off around 1:30 a.m.
I don’t like the cell phone being turned off…. I hope he’s found safe but it’s worrisome

JMO

@Stormball, if you feel like you can add to the conversation to help us try to find Dakota, you can apply to be a Verified Insider. Then you can give details without having to support them with mainstream media links. This is helpful especially if you were with him or talked to him recently.

Verified Professional and Insider Members

Dakota Bingham last seen in Nashville at Nobles sports bar on Main Str

Bingham, who had reportedly been drinking heavily, left the bar around 11:15 p.m., according to police. He told his friends he planned to ride a scooter home to his apartment on McGavock Street, off West End, police reported.

Then about midnight, he was seen at the TA Truck Stop, at 111 North 1st Street, which is also the same area and time where his phone was last detected, police reported.

Dakota Bingham last seen in Nashville at Nobles sports bar on Main Str

Dakota Bingham, who lives in Nashville, was last seen by friends late Sunday night at Nobles East Nashville, 974 Main Street, the Metro Nashville Police Department reported.

A friend who was with him Sunday night reported him missing Monday afternoon when she did not hear from him.

Here is a link to a "walking" map I made based on the information from the above post. Uh oh....appears that he would have been close to the Cumberland River on his way home. We know that young men, alcohol and water are NOT a good mix. I sure hope he is found safe!

Google Maps
Would you be allowed to ride a scooter on that road?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back