Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone from Memphis - from this location, what is the quickest route out of town?

View attachment 363496
I just took a google street walk up Central Avenue to Willett St. and found only one camera at an intersection. Most of the intersections are just stop signs. I didn't see any cameras on businesses pointed at the street. As Central Ave. becomes more residential the houses are set back from the street so ring cameras probably won't show much. It is worth taking the street walk to get a feel for the safety of the avenue. MOO MOO MOO

So scary... I hope this has a happy ending. I do hope that somewhere, somehow the license plate was caught by a camera. Very concerning! Hope all of you are well!

There should be a ton of cameras near a university.
Hoping something more is released.
I’m local. This area in particular is on the edge of the university campus. Central and Zach Curlin Ave is an intersection on the edge of campus. On the South side of the Central Ave is campus, on the north side residential homes. Zach Curlin Ave is a road that drives right through campus. There is a light here. I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a ton of footage from both campus and residential cameras.

Anyone from Memphis - from this location, what is the quickest route out of town?

View attachment 363496
It’s practically city central. You can be in bad parts of town within a couple of miles. You can be in Mississippi, Arkansas or heading out of the city in west Tennessee within 15-20 minutes depending on the direction of travel.

Short press briefing

LE - Okay, so I don't really have a whole lot of details to provide you, other than what we've already released. We received a call around 7.45 this morning from the University of Memphis. We came over to assist at this location around central and Zach Curlin. When we arrived on the scene we were handling, possibly, a missing person. After further investigation we found video that did show a black SUV pull into the area, across the street here, where the victim was taken. We're unable to Identify the suspect but we do know that the vehicle is a dark coloured SUV.

Reporter - Where you able to obtain that video from? Was it like a neighbour or...?

LE - I don't know exactly where the video came from but we have reviewed it and pushed out the photo of the SUV.

Reporter - So obviously as this happened so close to U of M - Are there any concerns with the students here, or anything like that?.

LE - So, at this time we don't believe there is, but we're following up on this investigation. It's very important that if anybody knows the whereabouts of Miss Fletcher to contact the police immediately.

Reporter - There wasn't an exact description of what she was wearing at the time - Can anybody provide those details?

LE - So, yes we recently sent out another City Watch and she had a pink athletic top, and blue shorts and tennis shoes. And we have contacted... FBI's on the scene that's assisting us. We've contacted TBI that's also assisting us and we're working with the University of Memphis.

Reporter - Just to reflect on, you know - What triggered this massive presence from law enforcement that we're seeing out here right now?

LE - Well, originally it started out as a missing person and after we actually found information and saw a video where somebody was abducted, then that's going to raise the alarm.

Reporter - In light of this incident, does MPD plan on stepping up patrol in this area, given that so many people are on edge?

LE - Yes, we'll have officers all in the area, of course.

Reporter - A couple weeks ago when classes started up with U of M. The U of M cross country team, men and women, had someone harassing the women's team - Does this have any connection to that? They also mentioned a dark SUV?

LE - Yeah, I'm not aware of any connection at this time. So at this time that's all we've got but we will continuously push out information as we get it, but again, our concern is to locate Miss Fletcher, so if anybody knows where she's at call the police immediately.

Reporter - The description says she has brown hair - Some people are telling me she has blonde hair.

LE - (confirms it's blonde)
Thanks! You rock!

I am very familiar with the area. I attended the University of Memphis so I definitely know those streets. There’s a big parking garage on Zach Curlin too. If you take Central west is goes all the way to Lamar. Turn right on Lamar and it turns into EH Crump then becomes I-55 and crosses over the river into Arkansas.

The article stated she is from a prominent Memphis family. Do you think that could be why she was targeted? If she was, of course.
Hard to say. My gut says no. If I was guessing I would say her habit of running very early consistently could have gotten the wrong persons attention.
Memphis is a very small town. Everyone knows everybody. Her family has been here for generations, which is pretty common. Memphis isn’t a transplant town. She attends one of the most well connected churches in town and teaches at one of the most prestigious all girl schools. Honestly though that’s really similar to so many other born and raised memphis moms. One thing of interest is her aunt is the city of memphis attorney.

In the summer, when it's so hot and humid you have to go out in these quiet dark hours to exercise if you don't or can't exercise in a gym or a pool.

It's just so freakin' awful that there are predatory scum cruising around at these hours that would do this.

Why would you bother stopping to smash the phone unless you thought it had pictures of you on it?

Did she have a habit of photographing strange cars or vehicles that seemed to be following her?

Why would you bother stopping to smash the phone unless you thought it had pictures of you on it?

Did she have a habit of photographing strange cars or vehicles that seemed to be following her?
Maybe the suspect thought she had started to call or text someone and wanted to be sure that was stopped. Or maybe done to incite more fear in her, like in a show of strength or dominance of some sort.

In the summer, when it's so hot and humid you have to go out in these quiet dark hours to exercise if you don't or can't exercise in a gym or a pool.

It's just so freakin' awful that there are predatory scum cruising around at these hours that would do this.
Also a lot of people this time of year are training for the annual St Jude marathon. A working mom would likely have to get up and run at that time to fit in all her responsibilities. And also yes, the heat and humidity this time of year can be oppressive.

This is really scary. I jog 3 times a week at 6 am before I head out to work otherwise I don’t have time/ too tired after work.
It seems like crime of opportunity to me but someone might have seen her jogging before as well. People tend to run same routes, I hope that she is found on time alive..

Unnecessary steps are always a red flag. I remember the AA executive who was gunned down while on a walk with his wife. The suspect allegedly took the time to duct tape her, before attempting to steal her jewelry.

I called BS on the story right away, as that's just not how crimes like that are committed. The alleged gunman actually viewed the websleuths thread, and knew people weren't buying what he was selling. He commented to the victim's wife (who was an accomplice), something to the effect of "I wish I hadn't read that..."

The difference here is the phone thing may have an explanation that isn't all that weird (broke when thrown, dropped, or accidentally run over).

At the same time though, I'm waiting for more information until I'm absolutely sold on the official narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarolAnnWalker112947