Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you bother stopping to smash the phone unless you thought it had pictures of you on it?

Did she have a habit of photographing strange cars or vehicles that seemed to be following her?
Based on the area and the information made public thus far, it sounds as if she was abducted. The area is very visible and well traveled, although less so that early in the morning. I would be more willing to bet the phone was dropped in the struggle and then subsequently run over by a car traveling shortly thereafter. These days everything is backed up to the cloud anyway even when the phone is off or dead. Location, photos, all data. Etc. JMO

Locations that have been mentioned so far.
Thanks. I was trying to imagine what routes she might have used on her run and pulled up a Strava heat map showing where Strava users like to run the most in Memphis. The green arrows show her approximate starting point on the left and abduction point to the right. It looks like most East<>West runners run along Central Ave. Very few use Southern Ave to the south. Not too surprising as it goes by the fairgrounds and along railroad tracks. And pretty much nobody runs much to the north or south of the middle part of these routes. Put in local terms, a lot of people run a lot in Midtown, a lot run in East Memphis, but it's kind of a no man's land in between for running.
1662154707677.png

Thanks. I was trying to imagine what routes she might have used on her run and pulled up a Strava heat map showing where Strava users like to run the most in Memphis. The green arrows show her approximate starting point on the left and abduction point to the right. It looks like most East<>West runners run along Central Ave. Very few use Southern Ave to the south. Not too surprising as it goes by the fairgrounds and along railroad tracks. And pretty much nobody runs much to the north or south of the middle part of these routes. Put in local terms, a lot of people run a lot in Midtown, a lot run in East Memphis, but it's kind of a no man's land in between for running.
View attachment 363515
Yes, Central Ave is a well established running and biking. I would imagine she would be traveling west on central to cooper st which would take her to where she lived. A neighborhood called central gardens. JMO

Unnecessary steps are always a red flag. I remember the AA executive who was gunned down while on a walk with his wife. The suspect allegedly took the time to duct tape her, before attempting to steal her jewelry.

I called BS on the story right away, as that's just not how crimes like that are committed. The alleged gunman actually viewed the websleuths thread, and knew people weren't buying what he was selling. He commented to the victim's wife (who was an accomplice), something to the effect of "I wish I hadn't read that..."

The difference here is the phone thing may have an explanation that isn't all that weird (broke when thrown, dropped, or accidentally run over).

At the same time though, I'm waiting for more information until I'm absolutely sold on the official narrative.
Weren’t her water bottle and phone both found together at a residence?

I'll add that I didn't see any obvious public profiles for her on Strava or another running app, which someone in theory could have used to plan an abduction (like Kaitlin Armstrong allegedly did to track her victim).

What time does the preK school open in the mornings? I know some open early for working parents. Just wondering when she normally has to be to work by and if she had a habit of being gone for runs for 3-4 hours or why there was a gap in time before she was reported missing. Although it’s an adult, so you could easily wait a while before getting too panicked.

My thoughts on the water bottle/phone:
1) Possibly just dropped in the scuffle that occurred when she was abducted
2) I can understand an abductor not wanting the phone to be in the car tracking them but not sure why they'd care about her water bottle. But it's possible they just threw both things out the window as they drove away.
3) I guess it's also possible they tossed her phone and Liza herself threw the water bottle. I'm imagining it as a reusable water bottle (I could be wrong - nothing has stated it was reusable but a lot of runners have them). Maybe she thought it would be more noticeable than a small cell phone and could sort of "leave her mark" for family and LE that would eventually look for her on her running route to say "something happened here."

What time does the preK school open in the mornings? I know some open early for working parents. Just wondering when she normally has to be to work by and if she had a habit of being gone for runs for 3-4 hours or why there was a gap in time before she was reported missing. Although it’s an adult, so you could easily wait a while before getting too panicked.
St Mary’s pre-k starts at 8am.

This story is such a nightmare. My BIL is a prof at University of Memphis and it’s not the greatest area, but he says there are tons of cameras. Hopefully they can get enough info to find her.

My young daughter and I are avid runners and this is my worst fear for my daughter. And myself.

I am praying for your safe return, Ms. Liza.

My thoughts on the water bottle/phone:
1) Possibly just dropped in the scuffle that occurred when she was abducted
2) I can understand an abductor not wanting the phone to be in the car tracking them but not sure why they'd care about her water bottle. But it's possible they just threw both things out the window as they drove away.
3) I guess it's also possible they tossed her phone and Liza herself threw the water bottle. I'm imagining it as a reusable water bottle (I could be wrong - nothing has stated it was reusable but a lot of runners have them). Maybe she thought it would be more noticeable than a small cell phone and could sort of "leave her mark" for family and LE that would eventually look for her on her running route to say "something happened here."
I think it's highly likely it was a reusable bottle as that's what most runners use plus they knew it was hers. Maybe they can find her abductor's prints on it or the phone if he tossed these items.

This story is such a nightmare. My BIL is a prof at University of Memphis and it’s not the greatest area, but he says there are tons of cameras. Hopefully they can get enough info to find her.

My young daughter and I are avid runners and this is my worst fear for my daughter. And myself.

I am praying for your safe return, Ms. Liza.

If there are a lot of cameras, I hope LE was able to “follow” the car at least for a little while to see what direction it was going.

I also wondered about the time between abduction and reporting. I don’t think it has been reported how long she planned it on running this morning but it could have been a long one and she wasn’t expected home until like 6 am. My guess is that her husband made some phone calls & drove around for a bit looking for her. He probably thought she was injured or possibly talking with a running buddy. Whatever the case may be, my heart is so heavy for her and her family. I don’t know her personally but we have a couple of mutual FB friends and she reminds me of myself 20 yrs ago. I can’t imagine what either are going through. Praying for a quick recovery and unifications with her loved ones.

I didn’t get a chance to read all of the replies. Her friends found the phone. Her husband called the police. The police saw the abduction on the university cameras. She comes from a very wealthy family. Praying she is ok.

Her “cell phone and water bottle were discovered in front of a house in the 3800 block of Central that is owned by the University.”

Because the article states that her phone and water bottle were found in front of a home, I assume they were near the property line and not on the road. I think they were dropped, or thrown out of the vehicle. Thrown from the vehicle explains why the phone is damaged.

The suspect would get rid of the phone right away to get rid of tracking devices.

What about a fitbit? Did she have one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member