Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted while jogging 4:30 am, forced into SUV, Central Ave near Univ of M, personal items found, Memphis 2 Sept 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A billionaire heiress? Wow. She might still be alive.
"Fletcher, 34, is an heiress to the billion dollar fortune of her family's hardware business Orgill Inc."

Memphis Police tell Fox News Digital they received two calls around 7:45 a.m., one from Fletcher's husband Richard Fletcher III and one of the University.
i don’t understand why both calls would come in around the same time but admittedly, I haven’t read every article. It just seems strange if she was jogging at 4:30 am. I wonder what time the husband goes to work.

Last edited:
I am a little late to this one and trying to catch up, but has it been discussed if this possibly could be voluntary? I wouldn't think so, since there are two small children involved, but it would be one way to leave her current situation if she so desired. I am guessing she would have access to plenty of resources.

"Fletcher, 34, is an heiress to the billion dollar fortune of her family's hardware business Orgill Inc."
I’m praying for a miracle here, knowing full well they are few and far between :( MHO

I am a little late to this one and trying to catch up, but has it been discussed if this possibly could be voluntary? I wouldn't think so, since there are two small children involved, but it would be one way to leave her current situation if she so desired. I am guessing she would have access to plenty of resources.
No way I don't think... From what I can tell she is a very well-rounded good person who would never leave her young children. But again, what do I know. Staged? Yes. By someone she knows who hired someone to make the abduction happen right in front of a security camera to make it look totally random. I'll be shocked if she is the one who staged it but anything's possible in this crazy world. My prayers for her to be released safely.

What may have happened is, her husband was worried much earlier than 745, but either drove her route himself or had a friend drive it to see if she was hurt or unconscious somewhere first. By the time all that happens, I could see it being after 7. All just my theory on what may have gone down.

No way I don't think... From what I can tell she is a very well-rounded good person who would never leave her young children. But again, what do I know. Staged? Yes. By someone she knows who hired someone to make the abduction happen right in front of a security camera to make it look totally random. I'll be shocked if she is the one who staged it but anything's possible in this crazy world. My prayers for her to be released safely.

In 2009 there was a woman named Quinn Grey who faked her own kidnapping. Cases like that give one pause for sure when something comes along like this case -- but I think it is highly unusual for people to do that, so until we learn otherwise, I will assume she has been kidnapped and hope she will be safe and get to go home.

Okay, so perhaps her stating she likes True Crime, Vanished, etc. can make some people think -- hey, maybe she wanted out and staged this. But look at all of us -- millions of us-- who also have an interesting in trying to figure out true crimes. So I'm thinking it is just that... Like all of us, she has an interest in it. Doesn't mean she ever imagined planning her own 'Vanished'.

And given the time of day, still dark out, high crime rates in Memphis, recent kidnappings, the video of it appearing so random, all lead to an awful random attack. As surely happens against joggers. But still--- I am wondering of the chances of her being grabbed by a stranger RIGHT IN FRONT of a security camera?

Can't open this link but whoa-- billion dollar fortune ? Could change things

Sorry if already posted, catching up as usual... Would this be ransom thing? Inheritance motive? I didn't realize how well off her family was and her wedding featured in Memphis Magazine? So if it's a 'follow the money' thing possible it could be money motivated.

ETA: Aha! I see Arizona's post above me asks the same question about ransom :) I just saw post now. And sorry the link is Daily Mail... not the best!

I sense it’s money related but not ransom. And although money is a powerful motive, there’s likely more to it than just $$.

It doesn't bother me that the husband called around 7:45 because we aren't sure what the family's typical schedule looked like. Perhaps he is already off at work on a normal morning when Liza returns from her run. But it is worrisome that the university and the husband called authorities around the same time. Why would the university call around the same time as Liza's husband? I can't explain it but something feels off about that. Even so, there may be a simple explanation.

Yes. But find it hard to believe the husband isn't usually always at home with the children whenever she returns from morning runs that start soon after 4am. Unless there is a live-in nanny perhaps...

That information has not yet been reported in MSM so I really can't respond to it directly.
But if the husband had to leave for work before his wife returned, having a sitter or nanny would be necessary, yes.

It doesn't bother me that the husband called around 7:45 because we aren't sure what the family's typical schedule looked like. Perhaps he is already off at work on a normal morning when Liza returns from her run. But it is worrisome that the university and the husband called authorities around the same time. Why would the university call around the same time as Liza's husband? I can't explain it but something feels off about that. Even so, there may be a simple explanation.
I read that the college found some of her belongings could they have contacted the husband and then the college and husband would have called around the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member