Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<snipped>

Henderson, 38, was not handcuffed for his Thursday morning court appearance before Judge Louis J. Montesi. Wearing similar attire to his previous appearances, he remained silent and slouched during the hearing, at times even leaning against the railing that separated him from the rest of the courtroom.

Henderson’s attorney, Jennifer Case, had asked Montesi to review her involvement in the case amid a conflict-of-interest concern.

The conflict, she said, was that her office had represented Henderson in a criminal matter in the early 2000s. But Montesi ultimately ruled that Case could proceed as Henderson’s attorney.

Memphis jogger suspect Cleotha Henderson's lawyer seeks gag order as Eliza Fletcher's family releases obituary
Oh, how lucky for Ms. Case. I'm sure she's overjoyed. (Dripping with sarcasm.)

New charges have been added. Even though I figured she was raped it made my heart sink to read it. Poor Eliza. I cannot imagine what she went through at the hands of that evil monster
I think the sicko had to kill her to get her in the vehicle and he raped her post-mortem. AMOO He's raped at least 3 in his briefly un-incarcerated life, one male, 2 females. He's murdered Eliza and would have murdered the male lawyer he abducted and physically assaulted. I'm convinced there are more rapes and that the body count is higher.

I think the sicko had to kill her to get her in the vehicle and he raped her post-mortem. AMOO He's raped at least 3 in his briefly un-incarcerated life, one male, 2 females. He's murdered Eliza and would have murdered the male lawyer he abducted and physically assaulted. I'm convinced there are more rapes and that the body count is higher.
Yes, I agree. The assault on A last September was brutal!! You don’t escalate there out of nowhere and then just cool down for a year I don’t think either. He is a monster.

Will this help the future???

Hagerty, Blackburn Introduce ‘Restoring Law and Order Act’​

September 20, 2022 Peter D'Abrosca
Marsha-Blackburn-Bill-Hagerty_840x480.jpg

Tennessee’s two U.S. senators have introduced legislation that would speed up the process of analyzing sexual assault kits after Memphis teacher Eliza Fletcher was abducted and killed by a habitual offender two weeks ago.
“United States Senators Bill Hagerty (R-TN) and Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) introduced the Restoring Law and Order Act in response to the violence plaguing communities across America,” according to a joint press release. “Compared to mid-2019, America’s largest cities have seen a 50% increase in homicides and a 36% increase in aggravated assaults. In Tennessee, Memphis has experienced a series of shockingly violent crimes.”

I hope it passes and I hope it helps. I have hope, but I'm not confident. Memphis is a dangerous place and has been for decades.

Enabling at its finest, IMO.

JMVHO.
I don't think even admitting the crime would change the mother's opinion. Both her sons are now jailed.

From the link:

She described it as an unfairly harsh sentence for a 16-year-old boy, which she blames on the justice system.

Cleotha Abston, pictured in 2000, was first arrested when he was just 11 years old and was in and out of juvenile court when 16 times in five years before he kidnapped a lawyer
'They held Cleo in the juvy,' she said. 'They railroaded him, had him sign the papers without no parent around, without our consent.

'We didn't know he signed no papers. We didn't know nothing.

'He left me when he was 16,' she continued. 'They took 20 years of my son's life. They need to fix that prison [system].'

Virgie maintains a deep distrust of authorities, particularly against cops.

'I don't know why they do what they do,' she said. 'I don't deal with the police. I don't deal with the police, period.'

I don't think even admitting the crime would change the mother's opinion. Both her sons are now jailed.

From the link:

She described it as an unfairly harsh sentence for a 16-year-old boy, which she blames on the justice system.

Cleotha Abston, pictured in 2000, was first arrested when he was just 11 years old and was in and out of juvenile court when 16 times in five years before he kidnapped a lawyer
'They held Cleo in the juvy,' she said. 'They railroaded him, had him sign the papers without no parent around, without our consent.

'He left me when he was 16,' she continued. 'They took 20 years of my son's life. They need to fix that prison [system].'

'I don't know why they do what they do,' she said. 'I don't deal with the police. I don't deal with the police, period.'

I wonder what he, she, they were doing with his life before the age of 16 or 11.

From the link:

i'm so tired of criminals and their enablers conveniently ignoring the concepts of personal responsibility and consequences for their actions...

and i guarantee you she would "deal" with the police if she became a victim of a violent crime instead of an apologist for a violent criminal...

I wonder what he, she, they were doing with his life before the age of 16 or 11.

i'm so tired of criminals and their enablers conveniently ignoring the concepts of personal responsibility and consequences for their actions...

and i guarantee you she would "deal" with the police if she became a victim of a violent crime instead of an apologist for a violent criminal...
I believe the father was very early incarcerated for murder-- leaving the mother behind as a single parent-- a systemic problem not only in Memphis, a minority dominant population but in many other areas too. Nonetheless, just as I don't doubt the claim in the quoted, initial MSM link that race likely played a role in the 2021 [delayed] investigation of Alicia Franklin's assault case, I don't know what shaped the mother's views. What I do know is that evidence links her son directly to the murder of Eliza and evidence will fairly convict him of this horrific crime. MOO

I believe the father was very early incarcerated for murder-- leaving the mother behind as a single parent-- a systemic problem not only in Memphis, a minority dominant population but in many other areas too. Nonetheless, just as I don't doubt the claim in the quoted, initial MSM link that race likely played a role in the 2021 [delayed] investigation of Alicia Franklin's assault case, I don't know what shaped the mother's views. What I do know is that evidence links her son directly to the murder of Eliza and evidence will fairly convict him of this horrific crime. MOO

How long have we been hearing about and blaming this same systemic problem? How much money and words have been spent and heard year after year after year? And, still... here we are... same words, same blame. Do we have fewer single parent homes? Fewer minorities in prison? Just overall questions (and concerns)... not directed at you personally @Seattle1.

How long have we been hearing about and blaming this same systemic problem? How much money and words have been spent and heard year after year after year? And, still... here we are... same words, same blame. Do we have fewer single parent homes? Fewer minorities in prison? Just overall questions (and concerns)... not directed at you personally @Seattle1.

I don't have the answers on what shaped the parent's views or will change them but experts have their own opinion:

“Kids aren’t getting attention. Like they are going to school, they come home and act out, because they’re not getting attention from home,” Felicia Howard said.

Eweka and Denisco said change will come at different times and in different forms.

You can see the disparity when you look at the overall population in Memphis. Black people make up 64% of the population, but 84% of those cases. White people are 29% of the population but 11% of the incidents.

[..]

“We need to re-focus on education, we need to refocus on job opportunities and we need to refocus on mental health issues,” Turner said.

No clue what the answer is. I think it starts with childhood education and I think learning about healthy relationships in school might help some kids/people… maybe? I don’t know. :(

New charges have been added. Even though I figured she was raped it made my heart sink to read it. Poor Eliza. I cannot imagine what she went through at the hands of that evil monster
Wow, I guess I'm out of the loop. He killed Eliza on 9/4, and on the day her body was found (9/9) he committed ANOTHER kidnapping and rape?

From the link:

Ummmm, Yes, Ma'am, you sure do and will, if you ever want to visit your 'railroaded' son again. In fact, you'll submit to your person and belongings being searched each time most likely, especially since you display such incredible callousness.

THIS is why teachers don't get paid nearly enough. I'm not talking the administration, some who mostly debate issues and push to shape the district according to their "vision." I'm talking the hard-working, work-a-day and grade papers half the evening teachers. Before an officer of the law or a judge ever encounters this peach of a mother and her sons, they will be the thorns in the side of many, particularly teachers and classmates. It's NEVER their fault. Just ask Mom. Oh, wait, you don't have to. She's happy to plaster it all over social media, fill your inbox, and call you out loudly and publicly any chance she gets. SMH.....SMH!!!!!

I'm not sure what's scarier, wondering how many children this mother brought into society or realizing her vote against ahemmm...railroading, cancels out my vote for law and order. Still, SMH. And all MOO.

Sadly, self respect, responsibility and accountability seem to be in short supply. jmo

I wonder what changed between 2018 and 2019

According to MPD's 2019 Inspectional Services report, excessive force complaints went up by two between 2018 and 2019. The data for 2020 has not yet been released.

By 2 of what unit? Percent, times, etc. TIA

I don't have the answers on what shaped the parent's views or will change them but experts have their own opinion:

“Kids aren’t getting attention. Like they are going to school, they come home and act out, because they’re not getting attention from home,” Felicia Howard said.

Eweka and Denisco said change will come at different times and in different forms.

You can see the disparity when you look at the overall population in Memphis. Black people make up 64% of the population, but 84% of those cases. White people are 29% of the population but 11% of the incidents.

[..]

“We need to re-focus on education, we need to refocus on job opportunities and we need to refocus on mental health issues,” Turner said.

What are the demographics of the MPD?

Oh, get me the barf bucket: alleged killer's mom says " he is a good person" and she believes him if he says he didn't murder this woman--- I guess we know why he is what he is---
Shades of Ma Frazee

Oh, get me the barf bucket: alleged killer's mom says " he is a good person" and she believes him if he says he didn't murder this woman--- I guess we know why he is what he is---
They're always good peoples. Scary. Good compared to what?

the top 3 charges in the graphic in the post you replied to (case number ending in 618) are for a kidnapping and rape that occurred in september, 2021...
Thanks for clarifying. I was taking the "Date of offense" column as meaning, "Date the offense was committed," but maybe that was an error, or maybe the column heading means something else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back