Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the “friend” aspect is verified info, at least I can’t remember reading it. I think the assumption is being made because the finder of items returned the items directly to the family. My opinion only.
I don't think I have seen anywhere but here and just in the last couple of hours that it was a family friend. But the witness on the bike lives just off of Central Ave about 3 miles from EF/RF and about 1.9 miles from the abduction site. His workplace appears to be about 6.6 miles from his house and the most direct bike route would take him along Central Avenue right through the crime scene.

I am going to guess he found the phone randomly on his ride to work. But anything is possible, they lived in teh same neighborhood.

LWhat was happening in those 4 minutes that the vehicle remained at the abduction site? Was she drugged? Strangled or beat? Sexually assaulted? I can’t imagine what that poor woman went through. Praying that justice and answers come soon.
I’m betting that video is a horror video for a family to watch. If I’m hearing it and taking it for whats it worth her family watched all 4-5 minutes of it. Let’s be real they watched a loved one struggle so hard that the perp lost his shoes! Can you imagine what happened to her? Then silence and 4 minutes in a parking lot !! Nope not okay

My speculation here, I've been trying to think why he hasn't offered up a location. Their is only two I can really think of, the first he thinks he's hidden her very well and she won't be found or the second is that he has handed her off to someone else and will keep tight lipped to avoid any blow back from the secondary person

What was happening in those 4 minutes that the vehicle remained at the abduction site? Was she drugged? Strangled or beat? Sexually assaulted? I can’t imagine what that poor woman went through. Praying that justice and answers come soon.

I know. Horrendous. I'm quite shocked he put her in the passenger seat at first, why not the back? Or does this info mean only passenger side into the back?

I wonder if he knocked the daylights out of her and propped her in the passenger seat? Then drove where more privacy to move her to the back?

Sadly reading these details, I think she put up quite a fight which maybe made him panic. Sounds like she was in the back at some point and tried kicking out the back lights? Ugh. I hope this creep gets what he deserves. BBM, and sorry it's NY Post!!

Tennessee authorities obtained surveillance footage of the kidnapping, which allegedly showed Abston running “aggressively toward the victim, and then force the victim Eliza Fletcher into the passenger’s side of the vehicle,” the documents said.

“During the abduction, there appeared to be a struggle,” according to the affidavit, which cited “noticeable damage to the back-passenger taillight area” of the GMC Terrain.

My speculation here, I've been trying to think why he hasn't offered up a location. Their is only two I can really think of, the first he thinks he's hidden her very well and she won't be found or the second is that he has handed her off to someone else and will keep tight lipped to avoid any blow back from the secondary person

I wonder too, big time. OR he thinks he knows the system and can play it. Maybe he thinks, no body no crime?

I would love for this to be some weird ransom thing and she's held captive and found alive.

FROM ADMIN:

PLEASE STOP-
* Sleuthing/discussing any family member’s social media or online presence.
* Criticizing any actions friends may have taken. Saying “I would have done ___ instead“ is not helpful and actually off topic.
* Posting something you claim you heard/read without a link, and then saying it’s just your opinion. Opinions must be based in published facts, and what you just posted in that way is considered a RUMOR, and a violation of TOS.

This is a very disturbing case, and we all need this thread and each other to help manage the difficult emotions it evokes. AND we have to do it within the Websleuths’ Terms of Service. It’s up to each one of us to keep this valuable resource open for all.

Last edited:
Any professionals available that can explain why bond was set in this case? Considering the evidence so far and the criminal history, I assumed this suspect would be held without bond. Is it a technicality?

Maybe I'm idealistically thinking kidnap/ransom... but would LE use this as a trick for him to get bond, get released and lead them to a partner in crime if he didn't act alone?

Or I suppose it could go the other way - where he makes bond and goes back to his crime scene for 'better clean up' while LE surveils him once released.

It is harder to get a murder conviction without a body, but not impossible. Murder = death penalty most likely. Plus revealing the location of the body gives him leveredge in a plea bargain. He is facing 15-60 years. That's a huge range. If he can bargain for the minimum in exchange for disclosing where he put the body he'll be out by 53.

If he killed her (which I am certain of) he faces an almost automatic death penalty because he has a prior violent felony conviction and her death occurred during a kidnapping. We don't even need to assume there was a rape. This guy's only hope is that they never find the body and a jury won't convict for murder.

Personally I hope he gets the death penalty and gets injected with those drugs that cause excruciating pain for hours before death. But thats just me.

So what happens next? Pookie has a court date on Tuesday. Will he enter a plea then? Will there be anotheer affidavit like the one we saw today that may contain more information? Surely there will be affidavits in support of search warrants for his car, his phone, where he was living, etc. They may not be very helpful though. I am familiar with the general process but every state is a little different. Does anyone have knowwledge of how it works in Tennessee?
I haven't been following this case, so I am just assuming he hasn't been arraigned yet, seeing as he was just arrested. If Tuesday is his "arraignment", the charges will be explained to him in open court, along with his rights. "Especially Aggravated Kidnapping" means either she was held for ransom, or was kidnapped with a deadly weapon, and is a "Class A" Felony. If he doesn't have an attorney, he will not be asked to plead, considering it's a "Felony."
No evidence will be presented on Tuesday. Bail may/may not be set. A "Preliminary Hearing" will be scheduled within 10 days (unless out on bond, then 30 days) and at that hearing evidence will be presented.

Maybe they had Life360 - but would it have told him exactly where her phone was before it was stomped?
I didn’t know it was a friend who found her items - I missed that or forgot it.
Garmin smart watches are very popular with athletes and have location sharing just like Life360 and can share location without the cell phone being on the person. But it has to be turned on. It might be that they have data from that type of watch if she was wearing one. Strava is also a popular running app that athletes use to record runs. My Garmin shares my info with my Strava account but it does have to synch to the phone or have the phone on my to do that.

I am so sick over this case. Sadly, I do not think Eliza is alive.

Many have wondered why someone would spend 20 years in jail and get out and reoffend. It’s my opinion that a person like this is most likely more comfortable in jail. He cannot function in the outside world. I’m sure he as high on drugs, but it’s my opinion that he didn’t care about going back.

Given the area they have been searching, I do not believe he acted alone. I feel this was planned. MOO

We all have to remember that he was given the term of 24 years when he was sixteen; a juvenile. His total inability to adjust after release raises questions that I can not fully answer. His “violence” at twelve raises more questions. (Mostly, what diagnoses and how often are totally missed in boys of this age). So I would not be surprised if for CA it was a sad life from early age, too. Surely, he is impulsive. Someone said the word, “institutionalized”; i agree with it.

I know... It makes me think they're looking in "typical" locations like bodies of water or woods. Did he do something incredibly stupid like, grasping at straws here, placing her body behind a WalMart or some sort of business, maybe one that's been abandoned for awhile, and it will go overlooked a long time because they're thinking he'd be more clever to try to hide her for a longer period of time when she's probably closer to visibility than they'd think? I don't know.

Sometimes I wonder if he buried several bodies at the same place, and this is why he’d never give that “lair” our.

I think we always want the secondary thought process but it’s so very rare. I think the perp hopes she hidden so well she won’t be found. I think he is incorrect. It may take a week or two but they will find her.

I haven't been following this case, so I am just assuming he hasn't been arraigned yet, seeing as he was just arrested. If Tuesday is his "arraignment", the charges will be explained to him in open court, along with his rights. "Especially Aggravated Kidnapping" means either she was held for ransom, or was kidnapped with a deadly weapon, and is a "Class A" Felony. If he doesn't have an attorney, he will not be asked to plead, considering it's a "Felony."
No evidence will be presented on Tuesday. Bail may/may not be set. A "Preliminary Hearing" will be scheduled within 10 days (unless out on bond, then 30 days) and at that hearing evidence will be presented.
Thanks. I think his arraingment was today because bond was set at $500,000.

Based on the charging document (affidavit) the element they are using to meet the requirements of "especially aggrgravated kidnapping" is "victim suffers serious bodily injury"

We all have to remember that he was given the term of 24 years when he was sixteen; a juvenile. His total inability to adjust after release raises questions that I can not fully answer. His “violence” at twelve raises more questions. (Mostly, what diagnoses and how often are totally missed in boys of this age). So I would not be surprised if for CA it was a sad life from early age, too. Surely, he is impulsive. Someone said the word, “institutionalized”; i agree with it.
I do agree with you. But I think he is just a broken person with no hope of ever fitting into society.

I believe for some prison can be rehabilitative. But we as a society need to have prisons as a place to permanently lock people like CA up to protect the rest of society. I know that sounds harsh but this case is a prime example of what happens when we release predators. Yes, I know he did his time but look what happened. That's kind of why I was looking for his prison disciplinary record.

I can't argue with you on that. You are spot on.
But, my point was that it is different to be caught up in drug addiction and drug dealing than it is to actively go out and abduct someone off the street, for no reason related to addiction. Many people are caught up in addiction. Almost none of them planned it (including the low level dealers).
Again, his brother might be a horrible person. But it seemed that he coughed up detail to police pretty quickly about his brother. This isn't what most hardened criminals do. (Sorry, I sound like I am defending the brother...I'm just suggesting that it's possible that he's just struggling with everyday life. Of course he might be a terrible jerk.)
If what I'm seeing is accurate, it seems the brother is known to have a history of dealing drugs.

If so, I find it eminently possible that LE bartered lesser/dropped charges for brother if he turned on Cleona; rather than its being any sign of brother having a come to Jesus moment out of the goodness of his own heart.

Thanks. I think his arraingment was today because bond was set at $500,000.

Based on the charging document (affidavit) the element they are using to meet the requirements of "especially aggrgravated kidnapping" is "victim suffers serious bodily injury"
Okay, thanks. That's another requirement. Again, not being updated on this case, or not seeing the video of her abduction, I can only guess they have evidence that she suffered serious bodily injury without having her body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste