Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy, "Pookie", is definitely not a member of MENSA. As I am reading the news stories, he actually had the stolen vehicle where he was living? That is where he was arrested? But before he was arrested, he went to his brother's house, and cleaned the car and washed his clothes in the sink?

It is definitely not to his benefit if the victim is found. He didn't seem to have a lot of time here...so, more than likely, victim was not buried.
The GMC Terrain he was driving was not stolen. Per the arrest affidavit it belonged to a female he had some sort of relationship with.

Any professionals available that can explain why bond was set in this case? Considering the evidence so far and the criminal history, I assumed this suspect would be held without bond. Is it a technicality?

It’s likely what the bail schedule is for especially aggravated kidnapping in Tennessee. But idk, even here in California I’d argue for, and I would get, no bail based on public safety and flight risk. Hopefully it’s cash only at least.

If CA had been on meth, would it be detectable upon arrest and would he have been charged for that? Could we conclude anything, now or in the near future, if he isn’t charged with anything yo do with drugs?

I am also confused about the Henderson. It appears nowhere on official databases but it is on the charging affidavit. MA also uses it in his rap name and on youtube. <modsnip>

Is it possible that Cleotha gave the police a phony name (Henderson) when they first detained him?

Last edited:
Even though poorly written, I am using part of it so I have a link for the timeline. The back seats of a 13 GMC Terrain can fold down to extend the cargo area (pic is from weathertech to show what I am talking about).Although I hope not true, I believe it is possible that she was incapacitated during the struggle, knocked unconscious, causing a head wound. Then placed in the rear passenger side door, SA'd during those four minutes before driving off. Then I believe he drove off, she starts to come too, stops and murders her and either disposed of her at that stop or drives to a different location. I think the motive was the SA that progressed to murder. I hope not true and that I am completely wrong and she is found alive but don't think it is likely.

Attachments

• PDS_20220304_LN_0017.jpg
    PDS_20220304_LN_0017.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 33
If CA had been on meth, would it be detectable upon arrest and would he have been charged for that? Could we conclude anything, now or in the near future, if he isn’t charged with anything yo do with drugs?

It would be detectable, yes. But when I charge people with very serious crimes, I don’t bother to add on things like being under the influence or simple possession (for personal use). I know they’re already going to prison for a long time anyway. So I wouldn’t draw the conclusion that he wasn’t under the influence if we don’t ever see a drug related charge associated with this case.

Especially if she was in the passenger seat (per affidavit) injured but fighting, or unconcious.
The affadavit states 'in the passenger's side of the vehicle' - so, not necessarily in the passenger seat (front). I agree with @MassGuy that he did not travel far - I think he used those 4 minutes in the parking lot to subue her (he couldn't risk trvaelling with her unrestrained or conscious), or 'do what he needed to'.

That was my thought as well but he seemed to have money to offer women for sex
This is interesting. I think his brother gave him some, occasionally, and he’d rush to buy a “girlfriend”, using 2000-es prices. I seriously think he can not fit into the society, and maybe it is inborn. It doesn’t make him less deadly, but is the result of something missed in intervention and treatment much earlier.

It is interesting that Kemper Durand, his first victim, the lawyer, who did not like CA (but stood up for other people in his car), ascribed his obstinacy to “jailhouse braggadocio”. While I think his obstinacy might have another reason, the opinion of the victim might have huge weight here.

MPD and other law enforcement agencies went door to door on McMillan Street, canvassing the area as they searched for evidence.

A woman was also taken into custody for questioning.

The crime scene unit was in that area until 3 p.m. Sunday.

Last edited:
I know we are frustrated that Liza hasn’t been located but I do feel LE is doing everything within their power to find her. Kudos to them for reacting quickly from the very start. They have been swift and thorough, working around the clock and pursuing every avenue. I do believe they are just hours away from locating her.
There are only so many hours of daylight they have to use their detection resources and now that we are in September, those hours of light are decreasing.

I pray today is the day she’s found. May her loved ones receive comfort.
May justice be swift.

MPD and other law enforcement agencies went door to door on McMillan Street, canvassing the area as they searched for evidence.

A woman was also taken into custody for questioning.

The crime scene unit was in that area until 3 p.m. Sunday.

What does it mean to take someone into custody for questioning? Is that a step above “meeting with the police” like her family described doing in the press conference? Perhaps there is no implication I am just woefully unfamiliar with the nuance.

Even though poorly written, I am using part of it so I have a link for the timeline. The back seats of a 13 GMC Terrain can fold down to extend the cargo area (pic is from weathertech to show what I am talking about).Although I hope not true, I believe it is possible that she was incapacitated during the struggle, knocked unconscious, causing a head wound. Then placed in the rear passenger side door, SA'd during those four minutes before driving off. Then I believe he drove off, she starts to come too, stops and murders her and either disposed of her at that stop or drives to a different location. I think the motive was the SA that progressed to murder. I hope not true and that I am completely wrong and she is found alive but don't think it is likely.

When you read this timeline of horror you cannot believe she is still alive and you know she fought like ____ for her life.

What does it mean to take someone into custody for questioning? Is that a step above “meeting with the police” like her family described doing in the press conference? Perhaps there is no implication I am just woefully unfamiliar with the nuance.
Maybe it’s a relative whom he approached to help destroy evidence or something.

I’ve been lurking on WS on and off for a few years, but it was the first place I came to after hearing the EF news. After catching up and feverishly refreshing the past 24 hours, I figured it was time to make an account and chime in.

As a woman, a runner currently in training, and just a regular person — this story hits hard. I’ve been out at 5 am with a light vest and watching every corner in order to hit my miles for the day. The fact we have to worry about shifting routes, keeping one headphone out, etc (anywhere we go) is just heartbreaking.

I went back to the timeline and saw she left home at 4, with the incident happening around 4:30. Didn’t see anywhere confirming she was training for a race, but sounds like she was running 5-7 min/mile if she’s 4-5 miles from home at that point. It sounds like she fought like hell, which somehow makes me even more solemn.

One thing that stood out to me in the affidavit is that a cyclist found her phone and then return it to EF’s family. The document didn’t mention sending anyone out to look for her ahead of time (husband definitely could’ve if he was expecting her home earlier and it just wasn’t mentioned in the filing). Maybe the cyclist knew EF, maybe even considered her a fitness friend/paced her for some training runs? I keep trying to piece together how this cyclist knew it was EF’s phone in the first place, I’m guessing she kept her cards in a wallet on the back of her phone, showing her ID? Or an emergency contact card tucked in between phone and phone case. Or she had a photo phone case and he put a face to the name.

Previously working in TV news for 5 years, I would guess Pine Hill was a staging area and that they might use it again today. However, they could move it closer to a more specific dumping ground if they think they’re getting somewhere. LE being relatively quiet usually means they think they’re close to a big break, whether it be finding EF or getting CA to crack. I would also assume they’re feeling internal pressure with the family’s community status and want to keep tight lips so something doesn’t fall through the cracks and puts anything in jeopardy.

I’d also love to log into the court records to dig into this Henderson confusion, but the link is buried in here somewhere and google doesn’t help. It just sounds like a family alias with the brother’s usage of it.

One final note: LE and local media will be out there today obviously, but it is a holiday. Don’t be surprised if there are different local reporters on the story and if they get facts crossed. Local newsrooms are disgustingly understaffed, and the senior most people got today off. Memphis is a decently sized tv market, but things happen.

God, this turned out longer than intended. Please correct any mistakes, I read so many articles and threads about this, facts get crossed.

I’ve been lurking on WS on and off for a few years, but it was the first place I came to after hearing the EF news. After catching up and feverishly refreshing the past 24 hours, I figured it was time to make an account and chime in.

As a woman, a runner currently in training, and just a regular person — this story hits hard. I’ve been out at 5 am with a light vest and watching every corner in order to hit my miles for the day. The fact we have to worry about shifting routes, keeping one headphone out, etc (anywhere we go) is just heartbreaking.

I went back to the timeline and saw she left home at 4, with the incident happening around 4:30. Didn’t see anywhere confirming she was training for a race, but sounds like she was running 5-7 min/mile if she’s 4-5 miles from home at that point. It sounds like she fought like hell, which somehow makes me even more solemn.

One thing that stood out to me in the affidavit is that a cyclist found her phone and then return it to EF’s family. The document didn’t mention sending anyone out to look for her ahead of time (husband definitely could’ve if he was expecting her home earlier and it just wasn’t mentioned in the filing). Maybe the cyclist knew EF, maybe even considered her a fitness friend/paced her for some training runs? I keep trying to piece together how this cyclist knew it was EF’s phone in the first place, I’m guessing she kept her cards in a wallet on the back of her phone, showing her ID? Or an emergency contact card tucked in between phone and phone case. Or she had a photo phone case and he put a face to the name.

Previously working in TV news for 5 years, I would guess Pine Hill was a staging area and that they might use it again today. However, they could move it closer to a more specific dumping ground if they think they’re getting somewhere. LE being relatively quiet usually means they think they’re close to a big break, whether it be finding EF or getting CA to crack. I would also assume they’re feeling internal pressure with the family’s community status and want to keep tight lips so something doesn’t fall through the cracks and puts anything in jeopardy.

I’d also love to log into the court records to dig into this Henderson confusion, but the link is buried in here somewhere and google doesn’t help. It just sounds like a family alias with the brother’s usage of it.

One final note: LE and local media will be out there today obviously, but it is a holiday. Don’t be surprised if there are different local reporters on the story and if they get facts crossed. Local newsrooms are disgustingly understaffed, and the senior most people got today off. Memphis is a decently sized tv market, but things happen.

God, this turned out longer than intended. Please correct any mistakes, I read so many articles and threads about this, facts get crossed.

Welcome! No need to worry about what you perceive are mistakes. I found your post very interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boomirrin