Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't argue with you on that. You are spot on.
But, my point was that it is different to be caught up in drug addiction and drug dealing than it is to actively go out and abduct someone off the street, for no reason related to addiction. Many people are caught up in addiction. Almost none of them planned it (including the low level dealers).
Again, his brother might be a horrible person. But it seemed that he coughed up detail to police pretty quickly about his brother. This isn't what most hardened criminals do. (Sorry, I sound like I am defending the brother...I'm just suggesting that it's possible that he's just struggling with everyday life. Of course he might be a terrible jerk.)
I agree. I know a lot of good people addicted to drugs. I believed for years that you could save someone from drugs or alcohol. I also have known people who deal drugs and imo there is a difference between someone who deals drugs and those who use them. I took years of psychology and sociology classes, thinking I might help. What I know for certain is that drug abusers are dangerous people because the drugs they use to numb themselves from fear and insecurities oftentimes remove their humanity in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it’s a relative whom he approached to help destroy evidence or something.
I think (therefore be careful) meeting with the police is exactly that. The police went to the home and sat for a chat with the family to become familiar with the background, the players, the situation. Had someone become obviously suspicious, perhaps that person would have been invited down to the station (not sure family would be that early). Taken in for custody for questioning suggests to me that it was not an invitation, but maybe even handcuffs and a forced, back seat of the cruiser, ride to the station for interrogation. Meeting - informal and friendly. Custody - not friendly

Assuming everything we have heard from LE is provable in court, there are 3 possibilities:

1) The victim is found deceased and the perp may get the death penalty
2) The perp gives up her location and gets life in prison in a plea deal
3) No body is found and the perp is convicted of kidnapping alone and gets out of jail in 25 years or so.

In this case, the only chance of the perp walking the streets again is to keep quiet. And that is likely what he will do.

Welcome! Great first post. Thanks for the personal Insights.
Thank you @RunWithTheWild so much for joining in and speaking up, great contribution.
I always get so intense during this time after someone goes missing and before they are found. My mind is comforted/calmed by every tidbit of information and contribution.
I mapped her location of abduction from her home at 4.4 miles but I’m thinking from looking at map she would have ran 10 miles while training for Boston Marathon???
Someone calculated that to put her back home by 5:30am??

Thank you @RunWithTheWild so much for joining in and speaking up, great contribution.
I always get so intense during this time after someone goes missing and before they are found. My mind is comforted/calmed by every tidbit of information and contribution.
I mapped her location of abduction from her home at 4.4 miles but I’m thinking from looking at map she would have ran 10 miles while training for Boston Marathon???
I'm not sure I understand the question, but if she was training, she'd probably be doing runs of different lengths on different days. If she left at 4 AM and planned to do a 10-mile run, 5:30 (or a little earlier) would be about when a strong runner would be expected home - 10 miles in 90 minutes would be a comfortable 9 minutes/mile.

It depends on her overall pacing for the long run and if it was an out and back route vs. a loop. The location was 4.4 miles from home, but maybe she ran 5 miles and turned around, meaning she was at mile 5.6 when the incident happened. Attack happens ~30 minutes into run, she’s running 5:21 pace per online pace calculators. On the other hand, if she was taking it a bit slower in her run and just hit 4.4 at time of attack, she’s going 6:49 pace.

That’s a 1 hr 6 minute for 10 miles vs a faster 53 minutes if she’s sustaining pace/not working on tempo

I don't think I have seen anywhere but here and just in the last couple of hours that it was a family friend. But the witness on the bike lives just off of Central Ave about 3 miles from EF/RF and about 1.9 miles from the abduction site. His workplace appears to be about 6.6 miles from his house and the most direct bike route would take him along Central Avenue right through the crime scene.

I am going to guess he found the phone randomly on his ride to work. But anything is possible, they lived in teh same neighborhood.
I swear I read that items were given to University officer? I am very curious to know if friends were already out looking for her.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if she was training, she'd probably be doing runs of different lengths on different days. If she left at 4 AM and planned to do a 10-mile run, 5:30 (or a little earlier) would be about when a strong runner would be expected home - 10 miles in 90 minutes would be a comfortable 9 minutes/mile.
Thank you! I’m assuming you would need to be a strong runner to qualify for Boston? “In 2019, she finished the St. Jude marathon with a time of 3:26:09, a fast enough time to qualify for the Boston Marathon”

Thank you! I’m assuming you would need to be a strong runner to qualify for Boston? “In 2019, she finished the St. Jude marathon with a time of 3:26:09, a fast enough time to qualify for the Boston Marathon”
Here is the official Boston qualifying breakdown!

EDIT: This means EF ran her St Jude marathon with a 7:52 min/mile

Regarding finding her phone. For all we know her husband could have been blowing it up with calls and that is what lead to finding it. Maybe the biker heard it ringing and answered, realized it was someone he knew and went from there. Or he and the husband ride together, maybe they were to meet up and Liza being late screwed that up, so he went to look for her since Richie has the kids. Personally I think something lead him to that location and her phone, I'm assuming daylight was just starting so it would be unusual to find a phone without the location being known or it being lit up unless you were specifically searching for it. Have no idea what size shoe the perp wears or if they were white or black and how obvious they would be to a bike rider.

So thankful for that biker! The tight timeline is because of his actions and if we didn't have that it could have taken hours and days to figure out where she disappeared from.

All JMO. Let today be the day to bring Liza home!

<modsnip>

I found the interview very confusing. I have no idea why Coffindaffer thinks the first kidnapping was not random. <modsnip>

MOD NOTE: former FBI agent Coffindaffer has this opinion. You can choose to believe this, or not to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear I read that items were given to University officer? I am very curious to know if friends were already out looking for her.
the Items were given to a family member according to the affidavit. Early on information given by LE (as reported) was that the University Police viewed the video. The reporting was a bit confusing because it also mentioned the phone and the water bottle, and it was assumed that the University Police were involved with the items as well. It is possible that when LE arrived at the scene, University Police and family members and the items were all present, so the recounting would be a bit jumbled. But the affidavit should be the gold standard here, since it is a legal document, and the chain of custody of the items in question will be an important issue for legal purposes.

I do agree with you. But I think he is just a broken person with no hope of ever fitting into society.

I believe for some prison can be rehabilitative. But we as a society need to have prisons as a place to permanently lock people like CA up to protect the rest of society. I know that sounds harsh but this case is a prime example of what happens when we release predators. Yes, I know he did his time but look what happened. That's kind of why I was looking for his prison disciplinary record.
I think some people, (I know I used to) imagine a horrible life in prison. But for some it’s a safer place than on the street. Family bonds are created, boundaries and rules established, they are fed, clothed, housed, given healthcare and education. For some - it’s a stronger bond than with family. Once released, they cannot maintain the lines/boundaries on their own, in other words, they have been controlled by others for so long, they can’t control themselves and that is why we end up in situations like this one.

Assuming everything we have heard from LE is provable in court, there are 3 possibilities:

1) The victim is found deceased and the perp may get the death penalty
2) The perp gives up her location and gets life in prison in a plea deal
3) No body is found and the perp is convicted of kidnapping alone and gets out of jail in 25 years or so.

In this case, the only chance of the perp walking the streets again is to keep quiet. And that is likely what he will do.
It’s also possible they go for murder 2 without a body if there’s enough evidence in the car to convince a jury she is dead. Maybe even murder 1, depending on how much evidence of planning/lying in wait there is, etc.

Garmin smart watches are very popular with athletes and have location sharing just like Life360 and can share location without the cell phone being on the person. But it has to be turned on. It might be that they have data from that type of watch if she was wearing one. Strava is also a popular running app that athletes use to record runs. My Garmin shares my info with my Strava account but it does have to synch to the phone or have the phone on my to do that.
Do you know kind of watch she is wearing in this picture? Why would she wear her watch and carry a phone?

Attachments

• 52715284-56D0-4826-A96A-7E1A33A02F80.jpeg
    52715284-56D0-4826-A96A-7E1A33A02F80.jpeg
    307.2 KB · Views: 34
I found the interview very confusing. I have no idea why Coffindaffer thinks the first kidnapping was not random. Previous post/link was removed - but here it is.

So this attorney said there is a connection between the person of Cleotha's first abduction and Eliza? Am I understanding her correctly? In the video linked, she says Eliza's uncle, or Richie's uncle worked at the same law firm as Abston's first victim of abduction???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme