Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody posted up thread that his mugshot did not look as if he had any marks on his face. I think 2 mug shots are circulating around. The one in the black shirt is the current mug shot. IMO he has scratch marks on his right eye. I think EF put up an excellent fight. I do wish she gauged his eye out. 1662332171840.jpeg

• Abston's neighbors say that he would regularly proposition women for sex, often offering $100 for sexual favors
I was wondering when people would start chiming in. Except for a few relatives, we haven't learned much about his habits/behaviors the last two years.

Re: slight differences reported re: CA's height...

Is it possible that he slouched a bit or had his knees slightly bent, giving different heights in the photos against a measured background? Or that cameras at different places where he has been booked are at different heights? Like in post #653 by @vaporlass , it looks like the camera might have been at a slightly lower angle (so looking up). MOO.

This sounds exactly right:

The man accused of 'violently snatching' billionaire heiress Eliza Fletcher while she was out jogging in the early hours of September 2 has been described as a 'creep' and 'pervert' by neighbors.

One neighbor told DailyMail.com exclusively that Abston had routinely offered women money for sex and stalked others while hanging around the apartment complex where his brother lived.

April said she'd seen Abston at his brother's apartment nearly every day in recent months.

She described him as a 'pervert,' who once snuck up behind her and propositioned her for sex. He did the same to other women in the complex, and at times would sit in his black SUV gawking at women walking by or sitting on stoops.

'When women were around, he would sit in the truck and stare,' April said.

'He was a weird pervert,' she added. 'He watched me come on the porch, then came up the stairs behind me and said, 'I will give you $100 to ,' she recalled of a creepy encounter she had with the suspect last winter.

'Do you think I'm a h** that needs your money?' she said she replied to him.

'It ain't like that,' she said he responded. 'I just want to have some fun.'

'He approached at least two other girls here with the same line, offering money for sex,' she said.

Abston acknowledged to her that he'd served 20 years in jail.

Again could be yet another coincidence, but when I saw the affidavit detailing that he had been in the area for 24 minutes before he abducted her at 4:20am, and she left home at 4am, that means he was cruising/hanging around that area from 3:56am, right before she is due to set off. That could point to him knowing her routine and targeting her specifically.

This is a really insightful post. Timing is very tight all around in this case, and this is a prime example. Very interesting and more than likely coincidental, but wild coincidences nonetheless.
Not sure why he was out that time of the morning but it is also a time when hardly anyone is on the streets to see him do it, but I do think it was a crime a opportunity. He probably wasn't thinking of cameras in the moment of the act (could've been on drugs).

MOD NOTE:

Websleuths IS and ALWAYS HAS BEEN VICTIM/FAMILY-FRIENDLY.

That means that family members may NOT BE ACCUSED of any wrong-doing UNLESS/UNTIL they have been named as suspects or POIs in this tragic case. That includes any implications or thinly-veiled accusations or speculations.

It is a serious violation of of Websleuths’ Terms of Service to do so. ALL MEMBERS are expected to follow the TOS we ALL agreed to when we joined. It is especially troubling when long-time members, who should know better, engage in these violations. Thread bans and Time Outs WILL BE ISSUED when this happens.
Bringing rumors here from social media is also a serious violation. Saying, "I don't know if I believe the thing about _______" is NOT a way to get around this prohibition; you still brought that rumor here, and next thing you know, it's become fact because Websleuths said so. Just don't do it.

Social Media pages of the victim, the LE named POI, and OFFICIAL "Help Find" type pages are allowed. Official pages almost always run by the family and top-level posts, but NOT comments on those posts, are permitted. Social media of journalists and LE are also allowed.

Thank you for your renewed efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths TOS. That will insure that your posting privileges are not interrupted.

Thread is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members