Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, not surprised at this outcome even though I was hoping otherwise. It makes me physically ill that such an unsuspecting, innocent young woman and mother's life can be snuffed out in an instant by a violent offender.

I cannot imagine what her husband and children will have to endure here on out. It's just not fair dammit. :(

Though I was nearly certain this would be the news today, I was praying for a miracle. I’m so so sad that her life was taken so violently by an evil being that had no right to decide her fate. He has forever changed life’s course for her, her husband, her two precious boys, her family, her students, her colleagues, her church, and the list goes on. Why does he get to breathe the same air as us? I don’t want him here. I don’t want to share my air or my space in this world with him or anyone else like him. Why does such a beautiful soul have to go while evil like him get to stay? I wish I had the power of voodoo right now. He wouldn’t have a day of peace.

I am sending prayers and hopes of comfort and peace to Eliza’s loved ones. I have a feeling they will be much more graceful than I am being. I’m also sending hugs and prayers to those in the community who have been impacted, first responders/LE, the college, and those who have likely been fearful, shocked, and so on because they’ve been in close proximity to such evil living in the same apartment complex.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update 7:15 a.m. EDT Sept. 6: Multiple law enforcement sources say a body discovered Sunday in South Memphis has been identified as Eliza Fletcher, WHBQ-TV is reporting.

Authorities have not confirmed Fletcher’s cause of death, according to the news outlet.

“Compassion asks us to go where it hurts, to enter into the places of pain, to share in brokenness, fear, confusion, and anguish.

Compassion challenges us to cry out with those in misery, to mourn with those who are lonely, to weep with those in tears.

Compassion requires us to be weak with the weak, vulnerable with the vulnerable, and powerless with the powerless.

Compassion means full immersion in the condition of being human.”

~ Henri Nouwen

*I feel especially human right now…

Last edited:
I highly suspect LE hasn't officially confirmed the body is Eliza publicly so they can add charges to the killer and get a bond cancellation. Right now it's unlikely he'd be able to post the amount anyway, but now that they have her body and can confirm it was a homicide, they can upgrade the charges which would cancel his bond and make it certain he's not leaving prison ever.

So will they go for the death penalty? I see it is legal in TN. Assuming all the evidence lines up I can't think of a more perfect use of the death penalty. I don't see why he deserves to live.
Death penalty is decided heading into trial. The State doesn't have to decide that now - just before the trial starts, if there is one. A reason there wouldn't be a trial is if - with the agreement of Eliza's family - he pleads guilty to murder and automatically sentenced to LWOP.

But yes, this is absolutely a capital crime and he should be charged with such.

So tragic and final. She should be getting her boys ready for school today and going into her pre kindergarten class with a smile ready to see her students.

I pray that she fought like hell and that he wasn’t able to get anything he wanted from her. I hope she was killed in those first 4 minutes and did not suffer the terror and abuse past that.

Yet another sleepless night thinking about Eliza and her heart broken family. Ladies and girls....don't run in the dark late at night or early in the morning where no one is around or can't see you. Animals live amongst us. Be careful, be safe. Rest in peace, ELiza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia