Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but they will not have the family identify! they will use DNA and/or dental. I’m sure they’re using quick testing like they did on his sandals so we will likely know soon (fingers crossed)
This is true in California. I have worked with the CME (medical examiner) on many occasions and viewing the body to ID is not the norm anymore.

I think that the earlier Twitter feed referred to the victim, without verification when a body was found in the area. That is why it was redacted. Hence, some confusion earlier on the thread.

In the 2014 image it looks like a new build but the 2019 image shows the discolouration of the building materials and there are Google images of the house going back to 2008.
Yes, thank you. It would have been more accurate to say it was an unfinished build. She had asked if anyone knew what the structure was.

Some new details such as vehicle owned by cleaning company (I've read in other reports that it was his girlfriend's vehicle), kidnapping of uncle attorney was at gunpoint and was armed robbery when he took victim to ATM, Eliza had significant injury from struggle when abducted, shoes and phone found by man who returned them to the family and family called LE.

I may have missed this local news article posted earlier today but if not there’s some details that I hadn’t read yet.

"Finally, Abston’s own brother, Mario Abston, told police that he came to his home on Friday and washed the interior of the GMC and his clothing and was “acting strange,” police said.

Investigators said Cleotha Abston would not tell them were Fletcher was."

I have to go back and search but it looked like the area roped off is the empty lot next to the unfinished home and there's very tall grass.
SCRATCH THAT I found an article with the area on film and the grass is short and LE is close to the unfinished home area. Sorry about that. Scroll down through article to see footage. Body found in Memphis as police search for abducted jogger Eliza Fletcher

Last edited:
Some new details such as vehicle owned by cleaning company (I've read in other reports that it was his girlfriend's vehicle), kidnapping of uncle attorney was at gunpoint and was armed robbery when he took victim to ATM, Eliza had significant injury from struggle when abducted, shoes and phone found by man who returned them to the family and family called LE.
nice catch
the registered name of the car also matched utility bill and home where he was residing, so it's a family thing?
editing to clarify
The person he was living with had a company car from the same cleaning company he was working for?

I am curious about what happens next...with the body that was discovered. The local news showed the Medical Examiner leaving the area. Obviously the body is still there. If they aren't taking it away it must be because they want to do more investigation of the scene...
So there has to be officers there overnight to protect the area?

I am curious about what happens next...with the body that was discovered. The local news showed the Medical Examiner leaving the area. Obviously the body is still there. If they aren't taking it away it must be because they want to do more investigation of the scene...
So there has to be officers there overnight to protect the area?

Why do you think the body is still there?

Or did the Medical Examiner take the deceased?
I'm sure the ME took the body. There are so many reasons they would not leave a body overnight even if the investigation were not complete - respect, practicaility, security, and more.

I am almost positive there are police there guarding the crime scene and they will be back out tomorrow with a much smaller force to continue the investigation.

Most prosecutors will at least consult with the victim's family to determine if they are OK with proceeding with a capital case. Not to say that victim's families get the final word, but they do get a voice.

<snipped for focus>

I hadn't considered that possibility, but you're right. You're absolutely right, it could happen here too. I hope it doesn't, but it very well could.

I may have missed this local news article posted earlier today but if not there’s some details that I hadn’t read yet.

I watched a video earlier stating her uncle worked at the same law firm

I'm sure the ME took the body. There are so many reasons they would not leave a body overnight even if the investigation were not complete - respect, practicaility, security, and more.

I am almost positive there are police there guarding the crime scene and they will be back out tomorrow with a much smaller force to continue the investigation.
Yup. This scene was discovered fairly late in the day, and they'd almost certainly want to go back and examine the area again in the daytime.

The ME certainly would have taken the body by now (that's why they were there) and I imagine an autopsy could happen as soon as tomorrow.

I have to go back and search but it looked like the area roped off is the empty lot next to the unfinished home and there's very tall grass.
SCRATCH THAT I found an article with the area on film and the grass is short and LE is close to the unfinished home area. Sorry about that. Scroll down through article to see footage. Body found in Memphis as police search for abducted jogger Eliza Fletcher
Good job, RayofHope

Dumb Websleuths logistics question....if the body found is indeed Eliza, does someone move these threads to "Located" or what? Also how come there's no "ARREST" in the thread title? I always assumed a mod added that but I don't know how Websleuths works. No big. I just can never find threads unless I search by the names of the persons involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02