Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not confirmed yet that it's eliza's body.
if it is please share your sources

One thing I love about Websleuths, despite the horror and sadness we all follow here, is that we can find comfort and hope in seeing so many members who care about one another and society at large. I know when I come here, there will be others like me, who long for a safer world and who will advocate for justice. Liza was one of us too. May she rest in peace.

it's not confirmed yet that it's eliza's body.
if it is please share your sources

Source: Body found Monday matches Fletcher description
Local
7 mins ago
► UPDATE, TUESDAY: Sources are telling WREG that the body found Monday matches the description of Eliza Fletcher. However, a positive ID has NOT been made. WREG.com will be following this story all day. MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WREG)– A body was found in South Memphis Monday afternoon. Memphis Police said a body was …

In a few hours, Abston will make his first court appearance on kidnapping and tampering with evidence charges in Fletcher’s abduction.

The especially aggravated kidnapping charge falls under Tennessee’s new truth in sentencing law. If he is found guilty of this charge, he would have to serve 100% of the sentence.

It’s a class A felony where a sentence could be anywhere between 15 and 60 years in prison.

While awaiting arraignment on these charges, Abston received new charges in an unrelated case.

A report from Memphis police says a woman reported someone was using her Cash App account and Wisely card at gas stations, totaling more than $900.

He is charged with identity theft, theft of property under $1,000 and fraudulent use of a debit or credit card.

This police report was filed one day before Eliza Fletcher was abducted.

This is so sad. RIP Eliza. Being here in Texas it’s obviously very hot so my GF likes to go jogging late after the sun is down around 9-10pm and I always got a nervous feeling. This story will definitely not ease any of that up.

She might like this pepper spray product which has a very comfortable strap for running/walking. The loop fits around three fingers so that your thumb can rest on the corner ledge of the trigger. If you are alert to your surroundings all you have to do is move your thumb 3/8" to trigger. I use it and my left and right hand can rest in the same comfortable positions even though I am also carrying the pepper spray.

She might like this pepper spray product which has a very comfortable strap for running/walking. The loop fits around three fingers so that your thumb can rest on the corner ledge of the trigger. If you are alert to your surroundings all you have to do is move your thumb 3/8" to trigger. I use it and my left and right hand can rest in the same comfortable positions even though I am also carrying the pepper spray.

It’s fascinating to see stuff like this for sale so casually when it’s illegal in the U.K. to carry items like this.

As it stands it is against the law and is classed as a firearm and under the Firearms Act 1968.

Under section 5(1) (b) of the act possessing, purchasing or acquiring such an item which is designed or adapted “for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other thing” is prohibited.

The penalty for possessing a firearm ranges from a discharge to 10 years in custody.

I know multiple "sources" have said the body was ID'd as EF..but it still hasn't been stated by police or family or in my opinion a credible source, so I am waiting for an "official" announcement.

Does anyone know if the hearing today for CA will be live somewhere to watch? I don't see any new charges other than the ones from yesterday that were added.

This is so sad. RIP Eliza. Being here in Texas it’s obviously very hot so my GF likes to go jogging late after the sun is down around 9-10pm and I always got a nervous feeling. This story will definitely not ease any of that up.
Welcome to WS. Understand your unease! The suggestion about pepper spray is a great idea. Maybe she should think about getting a small weapon too. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877