GUILTY TN - Erika 'Megan' Sharpton, 24, raped & murdered, Tullahoma, 2 July 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was saying Monday that the best thing they could do is move on over to Wartburg Tn to be near their monster they still are protecting.

Really?? STILL saying he was framed and innocent? REALLY??

You enabled a monster, you lied and bought his freedom long enough. Give it up. Apologize to the INNOCENT family that was wrecked and let them have some peace.
Megan's innocent family that has prayed for the innocent children involved. And, by God, Megan herself would have prayed for those children too.

We are all waiting, even if they don't apologize, there is STILL peace for Megan.

Yesterday was overwhelming. I had been told many things about my child, most of which I was asked not to share. I tried to protect the hard and perfect work by the FCSD. We are forever indebted to them for their valiant efforts. It was paid off by sending this creton to jail for the rest of his life.

I learned in the process of the hearing yesterday, that Megan was burned alive. She was probably not conscious but it broke my heart all over again. She fought so hard to survive this attack. I already knew she was beaten in the back of the head and shot in the face. This is not a first time murder. It was too easy for him to kill and rekill her.

Peace for Megan... now to get on with the business of living without her and sharing her story. Not one more girl should die this way. And not one more will from the hands of Donnie Frank Jones, Jr.

Mrs Sharpton, God Bless You

Plenty of signs. 23 felonies... I would say that's enough times to raise a flag somewhere. They are still defending him saying he was framed. His semen was inside my daughter's burning body. Planted evidence? Come on... defend him all they want, he admitted his guilt. It's time they do too. They know he tried to rape his half-sister and they STILL make excuses. He impregnated his wife while she was his prison guard and he was incarcerated. He was NEVER a model citizen.

Any more signs and they'd be smacked in the face with them.

Mrs Sharpton, you're so right...and one step further, D Jones was a pyscopathic demon, there was nothing human in his soul whatsoever.

This guy deserves the death penalty now, no rehab "get out of jail card" after 20 years sitting on Death Row...Aint Gonna Happen

Yesterday was overwhelming. I had been told many things about my child, most of which I was asked not to share. I tried to protect the hard and perfect work by the FCSD. We are forever indebted to them for their valiant efforts. It was paid off by sending this creton to jail for the rest of his life.

I learned in the process of the hearing yesterday, that Megan was burned alive. She was probably not conscious but it broke my heart all over again. She fought so hard to survive this attack. I already knew she was beaten in the back of the head and shot in the face. This is not a first time murder. It was too easy for him to kill and rekill her.

Peace for Megan... now to get on with the business of living without her and sharing her story. Not one more girl should die this way. And not one more will from the hands of Donnie Frank Jones, Jr.

RE: Peace for Megan... now to get on with the business of living without her and sharing her story. Not one more girl should die this way. And not one more will from the hands of Donnie Frank Jones, Jr.

Xavier, if it brings you any peace Megan brought down a recidivist sexual predator and probable serial killer; DFJ Jr, imo. She selflessly sacrificed her precious life to save other future innocent unsuspecting victims and shine the light of justice on his unknown victims, imo. Megan was/is a hero...

Xavier, there is a CUE national conference of missing/murdered persons/families in NC in March 2013. I met another family from TN at the conference in 2012. The victim's name was Megan Maxwell. The conference is an excellent way to share Megan's story with others and meet others, many of which belong to the involuntary fraternity of the new life's normal, to guide you in this endeavor..
Prayers for you and your family..

http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/national-conference-2/

The 9th Annual National Missing Persons Conference 2013
THEME 2013 ” A PATHWAY TO RESOLUTION “

This event is open to all who support the mission of finding a resolution for families who have suffered a missing loved one and are or have been a victim of crime.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMASUxsM-T4"]CUE Conference 2012-In Support of the Journey - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN878keA6K0"]CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube[/ame]

My favorite quote from this article. It shows such strength! Megan would be proud.

"He (Jones) gets nothing more of me. I am not spending my energy on where he is or what he is doing, or if he's breathing or if he's not. He gets nothing else from me. The opposite of love is not hate, it's nothingness and that's what he gets from me, nothing," said Kelly.

Been viewing what I could locate of DJ's 23 prior convictions. Here is a Google Map link of a few of the locations: http://tinyurl.com/b6drrh6

The following charge would indicate a meth lab connection, imo.. There is also several burglaries and aggravated burglary convictions in DJ's past..

CASE NUMBER: N76761JONDON - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Anhydrous Ammonia Violation CASE TYPE:
OFFENSE DATE: CASE STATE: TN
COURT: TN Davidson General Sessions Court

Xavier, if it brings you any peace Megan brought down a recidivist sexual predator and probable serial killer; DFJ Jr, imo. She selflessly sacrificed her precious life to save other future innocent unsuspecting victims and shine the light of justice on his unknown victims, imo. Megan was/is a hero...

^This exactly. Megan not only saved future victims but she may bring closure to other families because now this man is a known killer. This was definitely not his first murder. I have been following the Holly Bobo case since it happened and I really hope that this case can maybe bring some closure to her family. I hope that they are looking into this.

Mrs. Sharpton - I am so sorry for your loss and I agree wholeheartedly that that man deserves nothing.

He was a known meth user. Tested positive for it I believe around the time of the gun arrest.

What is the date on that from Davidson county?

He was a known meth user. Tested positive for it I believe around the time of the gun arrest.

What is the date on that from Davidson county?

Sorry, I don't have the date, ChristYTN. The date could be obtained at the Davidson Co Courthouse. TN, was ranked number in illegal meth labs in 2010, and Decatur County, where Holly Bobo was abducted is ranked among the highest counties with illegal meth lab busts in TN..

Foxfire , thanks...its a bad problem here for sure. It's really sad.

I sure wish his extensive history was more easily searchable.
Coffee county is one that's not.

I'm waiting and trying to be patient for the rest to fall.

Kelly is pretty amazing. Peace for all innocent.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/20012882/megan-shar...

Suspect pleads guilty to killing Tullahoma nursing student

(snipped & BBM)
Jones became the prime suspect in Sharpton's murder after detectives became aware of his lengthy criminal history and that the nursing student would sometimes commute to and from school with Jones' wife.

Prosecutors told Judge Jay Curtis they had proof Jones used an elaborate scheme - posing as a potential nursing client to lure Sharpton - before raping her, shooting her in the face and setting her on fire.

Investigators said cell phone records put Sharpton and Jones in the same area on the day she was killed, and Sharpton's burned scarf was found on property belonging to Jones' uncle within a short distance of where her body was found.

Sheriff's officials said a second person of interest in the case, whose identity has not been released, is still being investigated as an accessory to Sharpton's murder.

Investigators said Jones had someone purchase a throwaway cell phone that Jones used to call Sharpton and other potential victims.

FYI: Partial list of offenses:

donnie jones 373 choctaw trail
chattanooga TN 37405 69.17.213.158 djones1027@yahoo.com
DONNIE JONES 373 CHOCTAW TRL
CHATTANOOGA TN 37405 216.46.87.86 donniej@rocketmail.com
Donnie Jones Po box 1007
Copperhill TN 37317 192.137.254.180 donnie@statelineantiques.com
Donnie Jones 120 ocoee street
Copperhill TN 37317 74.234.238.100 dr@statelineantiques.com
DONNIE JONES PO BOX 1007
COPPERHILL TN 37317 68.41.116.99

ESTILL SPRINGS TN 37330
7104 OLD TULLAHOMA
ESTILL SPRINGS TN 37330
RR 1 BOX 478
ESTILL SPRINGS TN 37330
DONNIE JONES AGE:
SEX: DOB:
HIDE OFFENSE DETAILS

CASE NUMBER: 799510958C00 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Aggravated Burglary CASE TYPE: Class E Felony
COURT: TN Admin Office of Courts (Supplemental)
CASE NUMBER: 00153615 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Third offernse: COUNTERFEIT CONT. SUBSTANCE CASE TYPE: Felony class E
COURT: TN Dept of Corrections CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: ST08232JONDON - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Traffic -Vehicle Registration Required CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Davidson General Sessions Court(legacy) CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 110038605 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: G/S CAPIAS CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Montgomery Warrant CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 105128JONESDONNI - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: DRIVING ON SUSPENDED LICENSE CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Rutherford General Sessions Courts CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 1051690 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY LAW CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Hamilton County Court CHARGES FILED DATE: 08/12/2003
CASE NUMBER: 66C07186 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Drugs - Subsection (i) Amts CASE TYPE: Calss D Felony
COURT: TN Admin Office of Courts (Supplemental) CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 00398705 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Dept of Corrections CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: N76761JONDON - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Anhydrous Ammonia Violation CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Davidson General Sessions Court(legacy) CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: GS209394JONDON - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Forgery o/$10,000 CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Davidson General Sessions Court CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: O-6108JONESDONNI - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: VIOLATION OF OPEN CONTAINER LAW CASE TYPE:
COURT: TN Rutherford General Sessions Courts CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 7647JONESDONNIE19750427 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: *** Forgery NOT LESS THAN CASE TYPE: Class E Felony
COURT: TN Admin Office of Courts CHARGES FILED DATE:
CASE NUMBER: 39120181A - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Theft of Property CASE TYPE: Calss D Felony
CASE NUMBER: 2005CR192 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: Burglary CASE TYPE: Class D Felony
CASE NUMBER: 05CR192JONESDONNIE19650127 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse
OFFENSE: D Burglary CASE TYPE: Class D Felony
COURT: TN Admin Office of Courts CHARGES FILED

I picked up Megan's purse from the DA's office Friday. Inside she had her birth certificate, her meds, her glasses, an unopened pack of Marlboro blacks (yes, this was an issue between us... we made deal after deal to help her stop) and $14 cash. Another pack of unopened blacks were also found on his uncle's property along with her scarf. Megan didn't wear scarfs but this was a gift from her sister. I know she knew she was in trouble and grabbed all she could. She scattered things all along the way for us to find and convict him. She was a smart girl and I miss her. Peace my baby. I am so sorry I couldn't save you...

I picked up Megan's purse from the DA's office Friday. Inside she had her birth certificate, her meds, her glasses, an unopened pack of Marlboro blacks (yes, this was an issue between us... we made deal after deal to help her stop) and $14 cash. Another pack of unopened blacks were also found on his uncle's property along with her scarf. Megan didn't wear scarfs but this was a gift from her sister. I know she knew she was in trouble and grabbed all she could. She scattered things all along the way for us to find and convict him. She was a smart girl and I miss her. Peace my baby. I am so sorry I couldn't save you...

ksharp, thanx for sharing this personal information. I agree that Megan was mentally quick and cleverly left a Hansel and Gretel type trail in an attempt to identify and convict her abductor.

ksharp, can you share if the purse was located in the creek or near the creek, if you know?

It was found in the middle of the creek. Underwater. All of her paper items in there were stuck together and water damaged. The outside of it was muddy. A man and his children went down on July 4th to play in the creek on Fletcher Road, Estill Springs and found it. He took it back to the house and googled the name on the license and found out Meg was murdered and called FCSD. Donnie Jones uncle lives at the end of Fletcher road and Hwy 130.

Plenty of signs. 23 felonies... I would say that's enough times to raise a flag somewhere. They are still defending him saying he was framed. His semen was inside my daughter's burning body. Planted evidence? Come on... defend him all they want, he admitted his guilt. It's time they do too. They know he tried to rape his half-sister and they STILL make excuses. He impregnated his wife while she was his prison guard and he was incarcerated. He was NEVER a model citizen.

Any more signs and they'd be smacked in the face with them.

the wife should face charges for having sex with him while he was incarcerated!

the wife should face charges for having sex with him while he was incarcerated!

That's what I never understood. It doesnt take a genius to count back months or do a paternity test.
My understanding is she high-tailed it out of her job before anyone could question it.

Why couldn't she be charged after the fact??

There are so many 'why's' in this whole entire case, its incredible.

The person who purchased the throwaway phone pretty much admitted it, but guess we'll see.
This isn't over as far as others yet.

Moving an incapacitated human being, bleeding, and dying in front of your eyes is not an easy "one man" process. Even for a big 220lb man with a "supposed" shoulder injury. He had help. Are you scared yet? You know who you are....

That's what I never understood. It doesnt take a genius to count back months or do a paternity test.
My understanding is she high-tailed it out of her job before anyone could question it.

Why couldn't she be charged after the fact??

There are so many 'why's' in this whole entire case, its incredible.

The person who purchased the throwaway phone pretty much admitted it, but guess we'll see.
This isn't over as far as others yet.

^^^And that would be a good way to get her into custody and put some pressure on her.

Moving an incapacitated human being, bleeding, and dying in front of your eyes is not an easy "one man" process. Even for a big 220lb man with a "supposed" shoulder injury. He had help. Are you scared yet? You know who you are....

GOOD FOR YOU KSHARP10!!!!!! Karma will take care of the loser, and here at WS we dont give up EVER!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeLuvr_89
Back