Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: Investigators have continued to search through Wednesday night for a missing 15-month-old girl from Sullivan County.

According to Captain Andy Seabolt of the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office, there have not been any major developments in the search for Evelyn Mae Boswell as of 7 a.m. on Thursday.

Seabolt told News Channel 11 that investigators have worked all through Wednesday night and into Thursday morning following up on tips.

Investigators are encouraging anyone with information or tips about Evelyn’s location to call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

UPDATE: SCSO: Investigators continue search for 15-month-old subject of AMBER Alert

There was a mother and baby on a fb page that had a trend of that mother having genuine love and posts about the child getting older then it all stopped. I am hoping and praying there is a miracle for this case.

I am wondering if DCFS made the initial report because the dad went through his chain of command and they contacted DCFS on behalf of the dad? I know in some cases filing missing reports can sometimes be hard/impossible if you are not physically in the same area as the missing person.

I am wondering if DCFS made the initial report because the dad went through his chain of command and they contacted DCFS on behalf of the dad? I know in some cases filing missing reports can sometimes be hard/impossible if you are not physically in the same area as the missing person.
Read some of the comments upthread in the news link.
Post #93

SCSO officials said, “Criteria for issuing an AMBER Alert are established by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and this case does not meet the criteria for an Amber Alert to be issued.”

SCSO asking for help in searching for missing toddler that hasn’t been seen in ‘approximately two months’

Funny, I live next to Sullivan County and we got an Amber Alert yesterday. But none of the crucial info like a description of the car or the abductor. Then I find out she's been gone for nearly two months!

AMBER Alert issued for missing 15-month-old from Sullivan County

ERLaDQYW4AA6ekf
ERLaGUnXsAE62PT

ERLiqBwXsAI6FtS
ERLiqBiXYAANANa

SABBM:

The sheriff's office was notified on Tuesday by the State of Tennessee Department of Children's Services. Evelyn "was last seen by certain family members near the end of November 2019 and the first of December 2019."

This delay in reporting her missing is beyond concerning.

And it was DCS who reported her missing?????

An AGENCY had to report her missing?????

What about her parents??????!!!!!!

Oh, No.

This is awful. Just awful.

The delay was the DFCS. Again. They seem to wait until the children are dead before they notify anyone that they can't find them.

I think it sounds more likely that the parents of the mother reported their grandchild missing.

Probably the LE who informed the father. It seems that the parents of E are split up. Otherwise she would also be in Louisiana. Also the father probably doesn't call the child being only small but the mum for updates.

Therefore I think its unlikely he knew she was missing.

By the minimum info LE has given suggests they are putting out a Amber Alert just encase someone (probably mother) is telling the truth but they don't hold much hope.

Sad. It's probably a case with no happy ending. MOO

It always amazes me in a situation like this where a child is missing and the last one who had her just doesn't answer questions. I just don't understand. What are they saying when asked?? Nothing?? How could you do that when your kid is missing???

This little girl deserved so much more. How in the world can she go missing for two months and no one report it? So much like the Casey Anthony case and we know what happened there. Disgusting to think that her own extended family didn't miss her enough to report it!

AMBER Alert issued for missing 15-month-old from Sullivan County

ERLaDQYW4AA6ekf
ERLaGUnXsAE62PT

ERLiqBwXsAI6FtS
ERLiqBiXYAANANa

SABBM:

The sheriff's office was notified on Tuesday by the State of Tennessee Department of Children's Services. Evelyn "was last seen by certain family members near the end of November 2019 and the first of December 2019."

------------------------------------------------------
"News 5 spoke with Sullivan County Sheriff's Office PIO Captain Andy Seabolt about Boswell's disappearance. He told us the following:

“Right now we’re not sure of her exact location. It could be anywhere from what we know. We’re conducting the investigation, and obviously we’ve been talking to as many people as we’ve come in contact with that knew about the child. We have several others we will be speaking with as well, and we’ve also been receiving some leads we’ve been following up on... We want to know why the child was not reported missing earlier."

The sheriff's office was notified on Tuesday by the State of Tennessee Department of Children's Services

AMBER ALERT: Missing 15-month-old from Sullivan County

From what I have read in MSM - the family did not report her missing - the agency did.
Why is that? Was there oversight for this child and they were not able to conduct visits? There are only a few explanations IMO for this situation. and NONE are good for little Evelyn
JMO

------------------------------------------------------
"News 5 spoke with Sullivan County Sheriff's Office PIO Captain Andy Seabolt about Boswell's disappearance. He told us the following:

“Right now we’re not sure of her exact location. It could be anywhere from what we know. We’re conducting the investigation, and obviously we’ve been talking to as many people as we’ve come in contact with that knew about the child. We have several others we will be speaking with as well, and we’ve also been receiving some leads we’ve been following up on... We want to know why the child was not reported missing earlier."

The sheriff's office was notified on Tuesday by the State of Tennessee Department of Children's Services

AMBER ALERT: Missing 15-month-old from Sullivan County

BBM, this is not good. We can hope that someone has her after realizing she was being abused and they've stepped in to protect her. If that were the case I would think they would have come forward by now. This doesn't look good.

Here's what I'm thinking *may* have been one possibility for how this went down, it seems it's hard for people to wrap their mind around how a child could be missing so long with no one being aware:

Dad is away, so doesn't see the baby regularly. Mom has baby, and family local to her that had previously been allowed to see her were denied visits. (Grandparents, aunts, uncles would be my guess.) It's possible dad became concerned if he was used to seeing her on Facetime or something similar.

Over time this lack of contact becomes alarming, and/or perhaps mom's behavior is alarming, and someone calls CPS. CPS cannot locate the child to do a welfare check. They notify authorities and file a missing person's report. Child is entered as missing, but because this doesn't meet the regular criteria for an Amber Alert, one is not issued immediately. After investigating further, they decide that an Amber Alert is in the child's best interest and TBI sends it out.

This could also be similar if someone else had custody of the child, let's say a grandma. Grandma has custody and both parents see or have contact with the child at various times. Contact stops, and over time this becomes alarming, or guardian's behavior becomes alarming...etc.

If those who set off the 'alarm' over this child don't see her on a daily basis, I can totally see how signifcant time could pass before calling authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member