TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FEB 24, 2020
AMBER Alert: TBI shares video of missing baby Evelyn Boswell as the search continues
[...]

“With every passing moment, we become more and more concerned," TBI's Josh DeVine said. Agents are encouraging people to keep sharing Evelyn's photo.

So far, the TBI has received 425 tips with none of them leading to verified sightings. Investigators said they are "banking" on someone seeing Evelyn, and that they're working on the assumption that she's alive.

“This is a 15-month-old girl. She’s innocent. She needs to be home," the TBI said. “What would you do if this was your daughter?”

[...]

FEB 24, 2020
Mom of Missing Toddler Evelyn Mae Boswell Claims She Has 'Full Confidence' Girl Will Be Found
The mother of 15-month-old Evelyn Mae Boswell claims she has “full confidence” her toddler will be found.

“The [police] team is really good,” Megan “Maggie” Boswell told WCYB News 5. “I can confidently say that … I know that they’re doing their best to find her. I’m not worried that … they’re not just sitting around and twiddling their thumbs. I know that they are trying genuinely.”

[...]

But authorities have publicly said they are skeptical of Maggie Boswell’s story. During a Friday press conference, Sullivan County Sheriff Jeff Cassidy stated that some of what she’s said doesn’t add up.

“Surveillance camera footage, witness testimony — a lot of her story hasn’t been accurate,” Cassidy told reporters.

[...]

FEB 24, 2020
TBI, SCSO warn against misinformation on social media in case for missing Evelyn Boswell
The TBI has received almost 400 tips in this case and continue to ask for any information that will result in Evelyn’s safe return home. However, false information and rumors circulating social media are complicating the investigation for law enforcement officials.

[...]

While the TBI and Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office continue to investigate these tips, it’s important to note that they are in fact looking into every single lead they get no matter how big or small. With a number of blatant false claims on social media, officials said it’s starting to exhaust resources and impact the case.

[...]

Capt. Seabolt with the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office said while he understands Facebook is a platform to share, do so smartly.

[...]

While scrolling through Facebook, News Channel 11 found 48 groups focused on the Evelyn Boswell case. While not all the pages are focused on spreading unverified information, Elizabeth Sweeney says the pages that do spread hate need to be taken down.

[...]

“It’s not how we should be responding to this event that’s going on. The focus is to get her back home and not to be negative about everything,” said Sweeney.

Captain Seabolt also said the department has been notified of Facebook groups organizing volunteer search parties for Evelyn. Seabolt said at this time the Sheriff’s office is not organizing any searches nor do they support any unauthorized searches being promoted through Facebook.

[...]

David M. McGee on Twitter
Sullivan County confirms that Angela Boswell, grandmother of missing toddler Evelyn Boswell is in the Sullivan County Jail. Her boyfriend William McCloud currently remains in North Carolina. Both waived extradition earlier today in a North Wilkesboro courtroom.
7:40 PM - 24 Feb 2020

FEB 24, 2020
Megan Boswell claims her mother took Evelyn to Mendota, Va., authorities say Monday night search comes up empty
[...]

“I told TBI where to find her in Mendota. My mom took her to a campground in a silver camper and if they don’t go tonight, I’m going to go find her myself, because I’ve told them and they’re not really like taking it seriously and if they don’t go tonight, I will go myself and go get her…They’re not taking me seriously, TBI isn’t, because I’ve not fully told them I’ve been like ‘hey, like my mom camped out in Mendota, you know, to go check them out,’ but I’ve never been like, ‘hey,’ specifically, ‘hey, she’s like in a silver camper,’ because my mom did threaten me like you know if I told anybody – I’m not gonna get into that – but she did,” Boswell said.

[...]

Boswell said her mother was babysitting Evelyn because she had to go to work.

When News Channel 11’s Anslee Daniel asked more about if she had any concerns when she left Evelyn with her mom she said, “Well, she’s my mom. I wanted to trust her…Well, I called her and she was just like, ‘Oh, she’s safe’ like, you know, that kinda thing, and then she started threatening me, which like I said, I’m not gonna get into everything she threatened me with, you know because I’m just not but…”

Anslee also asked when Boswell knew something was seriously wrong.

“Just when she left and took off and just didn’t answer her phone,” Boswell said.

[...]

Megan Boswell said she has been in contact with the father during the ongoing search for Evelyn.

“Yeah, he’s actually trying to get leave approved right now to come up here and try to you know, help find her… She’s only been around him a couple of times because of where he was in the Army,” Boswell said.

[...]

“Whenever the AMBER Alert went out, I think that was…I mean, she was just going off on me, and wanting to go to Mendota and I kept telling her if Evelyn’s in Mendota, just take me to her, I will take her up there, we can just end this right now like let’s make this simple just give me my child back right now before this gets blown out of proportion, and she would never be like, ‘Oh yeah, I’m taking you,’ she would just be like, ‘you don’t need to talk to them, I don’t want you going up there,’ and like stuff like that and I was like okay well if you’re not gonna take me to her, pull over and I will have like somebody on Sullivan County’s end come get me to go up there and talk to them,” Boswell said.

[...]

... Sullivan County officials said late Monday night, “This is to let you know that the campgrounds in Mendota, Virginia have been checked regarding the information that Megan Boswell provided to you during her interview earlier this evening. There was nothing located as these locations were checked.”

[...]

FEB 24, 2020
Evelyn Boswell: Every development in the weeklong search for the East Tennessee toddler
[...]

Tuesday, Feb. 18
The investigation into Evelyn's disappearance began in the afternoon after her grandfather reported to the Department of Children's Services that certain family members hadn't seen her in two months. The case was referred to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.

[...]

Wednesday
The TBI issued an Amber Alert for Evelyn around 8 p.m. ET. The agency said the toddler was last seen on Dec. 26.

Friday
The TBI announced at about 9 a.m. ET they were looking for a gray 2007 BMW with Tennessee tag 3M9 6W9 because it was believed people traveling in the car may have information about Evelyn's whereabouts.

At about 8:30 p.m. ET, the TBI announced they had located the vehicle in Wilkes County, North Carolina. There, Evelyn's grandmother Angela Boswell, 42, and her boyfriend, William McCloud, both were arrested on fugitive warrants.

[...]

Saturday/Sunday
Sullivan County Sheriff's Office detectives traveled to Wilkesboro, North Carolina, to interview Angela Boswell and McCloud over the weekend about Evelyn.

[...]

Monday
Angela Boswell waived extradition during a court appearance in North Carolina and told the judge she is anxious to return home and resolve the situation with Evelyn. McCloud also waived his right to challenge the extradition.

Angela Boswell was transferred to the Sullivan County jail Monday evening. McCloud remained in North Carolina.

[...]

FEB 24, 2020
Mother of missing Tenn. toddler says grandmother took child to Virginia
[...]

Boswell said the last time she'd spoke to her mother was February 19.

"Whenever the AMBER Alert went out, I think that was...I mean, she was just going off on me, and wanting to go to Mendota, and I kept telling her if Evelyn's in Mendota, just take me to her. I will take her up there, we can just end this right now."

WJHL asked Megan if there were any rumors she wanted to address. Boswell told them that she wanted to address the fact that her family identifies as "gypsies."

“Gypsies are not a cult. They have been asking people if there is like a Gypsy ringleader and like…I mean like we’re not like ringleaders, we’re not like out here kidnapping babies, or anything like that. Well, yeah, and like my dad’s very proud of that, you know, but he’s just mad about all the rumors going around like trashing them cause like we’re not a cult, you know what I mean, we’re not like, nothing like that at all,” Boswell said.

[...]

FEB 24, 2020
Megan Boswell claims her mother took Evelyn to Mendota, Va., authorities say Monday night search comes up empty

FEB 25, 2020
Court documents reveal owner of stolen BMW in Evelyn Boswell disappearance
According to an affidavit from the General Sessions Court of Sullivan County, Tennessee, the gray BMW was reported stolen by the owner, Melissa Wood, on February 20.

Records: Stolen car belonged to relative of an ex-boyfriend of Evelyn Boswell's mother
Court records reveal who owned the car that police say was stolen...

Those records identify the owner as Melissa Wood, who authorities say is the mother of Hunter Wood...

Police earlier said that Megan and her mother, Angela, were arranging to buy the grey BMW. Authorities said no money was paid and Angela Boswell and her boyfriend, William McCloud, left Sulllivan County in the BMW classified as stolen.

[...]

Last edited:
Last edited:
FEB 25, 2020
Search for Evelyn Boswell: A timeline of events
[...]

2/19: Just after 4 p.m., SCSO sends release about ‘missing child investigation’
  • In that release, Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office officials said in part, “On Tuesday afternoon, February 18, 2020, the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office received a State of Tennessee Department of Children’s Services referral in reference to a child that had not been seen by certain family members in approximately two months.”
2/19: Just before 8 p.m., TBI issues AMBER Alert for Evelyn Boswell

[...]

2/21: TBI issues information about car, license plate they are looking for in connection to AMBER Alert case

• TBI officials issued a statement on social media on 2/21 saying in part, “We now have information that indicates the individuals traveling in a gray 2007 BMW with TN tag 3M9-6W9 have information regarding Evelyn Boswell’s whereabouts."
[...]

2/24: Angela Boswell, Evelyn’s grandmother, is extradited back to Tennessee

[...]

2/25: Court documents reveal the owner of stolen BMW in Evelyn Boswell disappearance

• According to an affidavit from the General Sessions Court of Sullivan County, Tennessee, the gray BMW was reported stolen by the owner, Melissa Wood, on February 20.
[...]

Evelyn Boswell
(Sullivan County, Tennessee)
15 months, 2 ft tall, 28 lbs., blonde hair and blue eyes. Last seen wearing a pink tracksuit, pink shoes, and a pink bow (MB has full custody of EB)
If you have any information on Evelyn's whereabouts, please call 1-800-TBI-FIND

November 28, 2019
- EB last seen by Grandfather, TB, Sr.
December 10 or 11, 2019 - Last seen by babysitter
December 2019 - MB stated in the Feb 24th interview the last time she saw EB was a few days before Christmas
December 26, 2019 - MB reportedly last seen EB
February 18, 2020 - Reported missing (Grandfather, TB, Sr.)

February 18, 2020 - MB, Bristol County Juvenile Court

February 19, 2020 - Just after 4 p.m. SCSO sends release about “missing child investigation”

February 19, 2020 - Just before 8 p.m. TBI issued an Amber Alert for Evelyn at the request of the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office

February 20, 2020 - Gray BMW was reported stolen by the owner, MW. (MW is HW’s mother) MW had planned to sell the BMW to MB, but no agreement of purchase was made and no money was exchanged when AB reportedly stole it

February 20, 2020 - News Channel 11 interviews HW, ex-boyfriend of MB

February 21, 2020 - SCSO holds first news conference addressing the Amber Alert and ongoing search for EB. Authorities asked the public to be on the lookout for a gray BMW during their search for missing 15-month-old EB.

February 21, 2020 - AB and WM were arrested on fugitive warrants in Wilkes County, North Carolina, while driving a stolen 2007 BMW, Tennessee license plate 3M9-6W9. (Stolen BMW is HW’s mothers vehicle). Both waived extradition. WM claimed the BMW was a gift from "MB". AB and WM are both charged in Sullivan County, Tennessee with theft of property over $2,500 in connection with the stolen car. AB also faces a violation of probation charge. AB and WM will remain in custody without bond in North Carolina until the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office can return them to Tennessee.

February 21, 2020 - TB, Sr., the grandfather of EB, told News Channel 11 he has not seen EB since Thanksgiving. TB, Sr., said he and his son, TB, Jr. would each be putting up $10,000 for EB’s safe return.

February 22nd or 23rd - SCSO detectives traveled to Wilkesboro, NC to interview AB and WM over the weekend

February 22, 2020 - Community hold prayer vigil in Bristol at Cumberland Square Park for EB Saturday evening

February 23, 2020 - Community hold second prayer vigil in Kingsport and a fundraiser or EB at Glenn Bruce Park for EB Sunday starting at 6:30 p.m.

February 24, 2020 - Sullivan County confirms that AB is in the Sullivan County Jail. WM currently remains in North Carolina. Both waived extradition earlier today in a North Wilkesboro courtroom.

February 24, 2020 - (MB) “I told TBI where to find her in Mendota. My mom took her to a campground in a silver camper and if they don’t go tonight, I’m going to go find her myself, because I’ve told them and they’re not really like taking it seriously and if they don’t go tonight, I will go myself and go get her.” “My mom did threaten me like you know if I told anybody – I’m not gonna get into that – but she did.”

February 25, 2020 - Info on Affidavit was released from the General Sessions Court of Sullivan County, Tennessee, the gray BMW was reported stolen by the owner, MW, on February 20.

February 25, 2020 - MB told News 5 Tuesday that she is pregnant Megan told News 5 that she is unable to take a polygraph due to her pregnancy. News Channel 11 reached out to SCSO, they are not the agency who administers the test. TBI said, they are awaiting their policy on administering the tests.

February 25, 2020 - AB, 42, was arraigned on a charge of Theft of Property Over $2,500 in Sullivan County General Sessions Court. Her bond was set at $5,000 with the condition that she wear an ankle bracelet. She is due back in Sullivan County General Sessions Court on March 4. Boswell also faced a charge of Violation of Probation out of Kingsport, but that bond has been revoked. Boswell is due back in Kingsport General Sessions Court on Thursday morning.

February 27, 2020 - AB Court Date, Kingsport General Sessions Court, Violation of Probation

March 4, 2020 - AB Court Date, Sullivan County General Sessions Court, Theft of Property Over $2,500

Last edited:
FEB 25, 2020 - Video of MB
Mother of 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell says she is pregnant again
[…]

Megan told News 5 that she is unable to take a polygraph due to her pregnancy.

We have reached out to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office, who told us they are not the agency who administers the test.

We have also reached out to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and are awaiting their policy on administering the tests.

[…]

Megan Boswell tells News Channel 11 she is pregnant, claims she was unable to take polygraph because of it
When we asked Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office officials about a polygraph, they said they “do not use polygraph.”

FEB 25, 2020
Amid changing claims from Evelyn Boswell's mother, authorities push back
[…]

"The claim that Megan made stating that Evelyn was in a camper in Mendota was investigated completely," Sullivan County Sheriff's Office Capt. Andy Seabolt said.

"The Washington County Virginia Sheriff’s Office along with the United States Marshals checked every campground in Mendota and nothing was found," Seabolt told USA TODAY Network newsrooms in Tennessee. "Megan’s story has changed multiple times throughout this investigation."

[…]

“The reason I didn’t report it or anything was I knew the person who had her, and I didn’t want them to run away with her,” Boswell told reporters. “And as soon as they thought anything was going on, they just kinda vanished. So I’m just kinda worried, you know, about where they are at. What they’re doing with her."

During that same interview, Boswell claimed she is pregnant.

[...]

Facebook shows Maggie Boswell has multiple profiles including one under the name Maggie Wood, which includes a cover photo of Evelyn.

[…]

Another profile under the name Maggie Boswell reads she graduated from Sullivan Central High School and currently attends Northeast State Community College.

[…]

There is a third profile listed under the name Megan Nicole Kys.

[...]

FEB 25, 2020
Bond for grandmother of Evelyn Boswell set at $5,000 with condition she wear ankle bracelet
[...]

Angela Boswell, 42, was arraigned on a charge of Theft of Property Over $2,500 in Sullivan County General Sessions Court.

Her bond was set at $5,000 with the condition that she wear an ankle bracelet.

She is due back in Sullivan County General Sessions Court on March 4.

Boswell also faced a charge of Violation of Probation out of Kingsport, but that bond has been revoked.

Boswell is due back in Kingsport General Sessions Court on Thursday morning.

[...]

Evelyn Boswell: Every development in the weeklong search for the East Tennessee toddler

Feb 25, 2020

Evelyn Boswell, a 15-month-old girl from Blountville in Sullivan County, has yet to be found, though authorities say they are operating on the assumption she is alive.

The search for Evelyn has been hampered by the fact that she hasn't been seen since December, as well as by "conflicting information and inaccuracies."

The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation and FBI are involved in the investigation, in which much is still unknown.

[..]

Here is how the week unfolded:

Tuesday, Feb. 18
The investigation into Evelyn's disappearance began in the afternoon after her grandfather reported to the Department of Children's Services that certain family members hadn't seen her in two months [..]

Wednesday
The TBI issued an Amber Alert for Evelyn around 8 p.m. ET. [..]

Friday
The TBI announced at about 9 a.m. ET they were looking for a gray 2007 BMW with Tennessee tag 3M9 6W9 because it was believed people traveling in the car may have information about Evelyn's whereabouts.

At about 8:30 p.m. ET, the TBI announced they had located the vehicle in Wilkes County, North Carolina [..]

Saturday/Sunday
Sullivan County Sheriff's Office detectives traveled to Wilkesboro, North Carolina, to interview Angela Boswell and McCloud over the weekend about Evelyn. [..]

Monday

Angela Boswell was transferred to the Sullivan County jail Monday evening. McCloud remained in North Carolina.

Meanwhile, the Sheriff's Office discouraged community members from organizing search parties for Evelyn because law enforcement did not have "definitive information regarding Evelyn's whereabouts."

Amid changing claims from Evelyn Boswell's mother, authorities push back

Megan Boswell, 18,
has full custody of the child and lives in Sullivan County. Evelyn's father, 20-year-old Ethan Perry, is on active duty in the military stationed in Louisiana. Both are involved in their daughter's investigation, authorities have said.

Perry's whereabouts were not immediately known on Tuesday.

"I have no knowledge of Ethan Perry’s current location; however, I watched an interview last night that Megan Boswell completed," Seabolt said Tuesday. "During the interview she stated that Ethan was attempting to have leave approved to return home."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back