Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are referring to the Sullivan County sheriff, he likely would not have immediately known of a tip nor search in NC. Just my opinion.

Right, but if the tip is about a case from his town, a case that involves TBI and FBI, are they not the first ones called? Does LE in NC just investigate it on their own without giving the ones running the investigation a head’s up beforehand? Especially if the tip came from WM.

Also, this is a small town fire department searching the lake, right? Is that how this would be handled in a case where the FBI is involved?

I don’t know, I’m just feeling like this is more of an “out of an abundance of caution” kind of search.

I think I heard the sheriff mention the TBI but I don't recall the FBI. However, I am not the best listener (just ask my lovely wife). Someone correct me about the FBI.

If the FBI is involved, it could be in a supportive, not lead, role.

That's very plausible. I guess his tender age restaurant ownership, the great grandfather's statement that he was hanging out every day with AB and MB earlier this month, his prior LE encounter, and weirdly bringing up the broken arm story to a news crew get my suspicion hackles up.
I'm not sure how old HW is and I'm also not sure he was around the grandfather every day. I also wonder how MB was going to pay for the car and who was paying for the insurance on it. I'm just not seeing HW as anything other than a person MB was manipulating.

JMO

I mean it can’t be AB or MB because the sheriff had little to no advance knowledge of the search being done. Unless he was downplaying it intentionally or something?
I'm not sure, but sometimes when there are so many involved in an investigation there are many things happening at once. Maybe the purpose of the PC was to give an update on the arrest and the sheriff just didn't have all the information about the search? Idk, but the tip could have come from anyone. It could be from someone who is involved or someone who knows something or saw something suspicious in that area. Jmo

Right, but if the tip is about a case from his town, a case that involves TBI and FBI, are they not the first ones called? Does LE in NC just investigate it on their own without giving the ones running the investigation a head’s up beforehand? Especially if the tip came from WM.

I don't think the TBI or FBI are the lead, but could be wrong.

Like other organizations, LE can be territorial while still being cooperative. IMHO

If you click around on the around on the state/county property page, you'll see that the family name linked to this case is not tied to a parcel that actually contains the pond, but is owner of an adjacent property.
The pond lies in two parcels owned by people with two names we have not seen related to anyone in this case.

If precious EB is found in that pond, accidental drowning will be cried from MB and AB at the very least. “ We panicked, we were scared, we didn’t know what to do…”

I have so very, very many things to say about this case, but I can’t even start.

Also, this is a small town fire department searching the lake, right? Is that how this would be handled in a case where the FBI is involved?

I don’t know, I’m just feeling like this is more of an “out of an abundance of caution” kind of search.

I believe they are getting help from Catawba County, a much larger department that may be better equipped. It’s possible they are waiting for more people to get there from outlying areas.

JMO — I don’t know if they are waiting but that would make sense comparing it to rescues /recoveries that take place in my area, which is farther west in North Carolina (and typically involve mountain and forest rescues).

I believe they are getting help from Catawba County, a much larger department that may be better equipped. It’s possible they are waiting for more people to get there from outlying areas.

JMO — I don’t know if they are waiting but that would make sense comparing it to rescues /recoveries that take place in my area, which is farther west in North Carolina (and typically involve mountain and forest rescues).

This makes more sense to me, thanks

Is Catawba getting involved? Not doubting. Just checking since they are a couple of counties distant.

Re-posting

Caroline Corrigan on Twitter
UPDATE: Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office confirms authorities are searching a pond in Wilkes County, NC in relation to 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell. She has been missing for two months, according to SCSO.
ERuQdw5XsAEjL_5.jpg

1:42 PM - 26 Feb 2020

Sarah Wade on Twitter
Seabolt said the Wilkes County, NC tip was called in thru NC rather than thru TBI (he said it’s best if all tips come thru TBI) #EvelynBoswell
1:47 PM - 26 Feb 2020

Sarah Wade on Twitter
IMPORTANT: the Wilkes County tip is just one of many according to TBI PIO Leslie Earhart. Says they just received that tip, aren’t sure how it got posted (it didn’t come thru TBI) and are investigating it like any other. It is very initial, NOT a promising tip yet.
2:05 PM - 26 Feb 2020

Sarah Wade on Twitter
Lot of the tips they got “provide a specific location and have to be checked out” so they’re investigating it like any other #EvelynBoswell
2:05 PM - 26 Feb 2020

BBM. He's worried about the reputation of his business. I doubt he realized the depth of MB's obsession with him until the Amber Alert went out.

JMO

HW is in this up to his neck. The interview with David Jones, AB’s father and MB’s grandfather, proved that. He gave AB the car. He visited with AB and her boyfriend more than once in a two week period before Evelyn was declared missing. HW is no innocent is this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jseikel