Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evelyn Boswell
(Sullivan County, Tennessee)
15 months, 2 ft tall, 28 lbs., blonde hair and blue eyes. Last seen wearing a pink tracksuit, pink shoes, and a pink bow (MB has full custody of EB)

If you have any information on Evelyn's whereabouts, please call 1-800-TBI-FIND

November 28, 2019 - EB last seen by Grandfather, TB, Sr.

November - December, 2019 - According to WCYB, the State of Tennessee Department of Children’s Services says 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell “was last seen by certain family members near the end of November 2019 and the first of December 2019.”

December 10 or 11, 2019 - Last seen by babysitter

December 2019 - MB stated in the Feb 24th interview the last time she saw EB was a few days before Christmas

December 26, 2019 - MB reportedly last seen EB

February 16, 2019 - DJ said MB brought the car over the Sunday before last which would be Feb 16.

February 18, 2020 - Reported missing to CPS (Grandfather, TB, Sr.)

February 18, 2020 - MB, Bristol County Juvenile Court

February 18, 2020 - Detective Tracy Haraz with the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office said she had received a referral from the Department of Children Services that EB had not been seen since before last Christmas, the document states. Haraz and a CPS case worker contacted mother MB, 18, who the affidavit describes as the toddler’s “sole legal custodian.”

February 18, 2020 - Court documents say that when investigators spoke with MB on February 18, she told them that EB was with her father, EP. MB told investigators she was supposed to meet EP on February 19 at 4 p.m. in the parking lot of the Ingles in Colonial Heights to exchange custody.

February 19, 2020 - This is when MB was allegedly suppose to meet EP at 4 p.m. in the parking lot of the Ingles in Colonial Heights to exchange custody.

February 19, 2020 - Just after 4 p.m. SCSO sends release about “missing child investigation”

February 19, 2020 - Just before 8 p.m. TBI issued an Amber Alert for Evelyn at the request of the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office

February 20, 2020 - Gray BMW was reported stolen by the owner, MW. (MW is HW’s mother) MW had planned to sell the BMW to MB, but no agreement of purchase was made and no money was exchanged when AB reportedly stole it

February 20, 2020 - News Channel 11 and ABC 4 interviews HW, ex-boyfriend of MB. HW said, he met MB when she applied for a job at his restaurant, Hunter T’s Chicken Shack, and that they had an ‘on-off’ romance. He claims MB told him that EB was staying with her dad, EP, while EP was home on military leave over Christmas. He claimed that the little girl had broken her arm while staying with her dad. HW told ABC4: ‘While EB’s father, EP, had the child, the baby, you know, fell off the bed and broke her arm, and he took her to the hospital. ‘That’s what I was told.’

February 21, 2020 - SCSO holds first news conference addressing the Amber Alert and ongoing search for EB. Authorities asked the public to be on the lookout for a gray BMW during their search for missing 15-month-old EB.

February 21, 2020 - AB and WM were arrested on fugitive warrants in Wilkes County, North Carolina, while driving a stolen 2007 BMW, Tennessee license plate 3M9-6W9. (Stolen BMW is HW’s mothers vehicle). Both waived extradition. WM claimed the BMW was a gift from "MB". AB and WM are both charged in Sullivan County, Tennessee with theft of property over $2,500 in connection with the stolen car. AB also faces a violation of probation charge. AB and WM will remain in custody without bond in North Carolina until the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office can return them to Tennessee. The vehicle was spotted by deputies with the Wilkes County Sheriff’s Office on February 21 in Elkin, N.C. It was later stopped in Traphill, N.C. WM, 33, was identified as the driver, and AB was identified as the passenger.

February 21, 2020 - TB, Sr., the grandfather of EB, told News Channel 11 he has not seen EB since Thanksgiving. TB, Sr., said he and his son, TB, Jr. would each be putting up $10,000 for EB’s safe return.

February 22nd or 23rd - SCSO detectives traveled to Wilkesboro, NC to interview AB and WM over the weekend

February 22, 2020 - Community holds prayer vigil in Bristol at Cumberland Square Park for EB Saturday evening

February 23, 2020 - Community holds second prayer vigil in Kingsport and a fundraiser or EB at Glenn Bruce Park for EB Sunday starting at 6:30 p.m.

February 24, 2020 - Sullivan County confirms that AB is in the Sullivan County Jail. WM currently remains in North Carolina. Both waived extradition earlier today in a North Wilkesboro courtroom.

February 24, 2020 - (MB) “I told TBI where to find her in Mendota. My mom took her to a campground in a silver camper and if they don’t go tonight, I’m going to go find her myself, because I’ve told them and they’re not really like taking it seriously and if they don’t go tonight, I will go myself and go get her.” “My mom did threaten me like you know if I told anybody – I’m not gonna get into that – but she did.” Megan Boswell claims her mother took Evelyn to Mendota, Va., authorities say Monday night search comes up empty

February 24, 2020 - Investigators requested the US Marshals and the Washington County Virginia Sheriff's Office to check campgrounds in Mendota

February 25, 2020 - Info on Affidavit was released from the General Sessions Court of Sullivan County, Tennessee, the gray BMW was reported stolen by the owner, MW, on February 20.

February 25, 2020 - MB told News 5 Tuesday that she volunteered to take a polygraph test, but she was turned away because she is pregnant. News Channel 11 reached out to SCSO, they are not the agency who administers the test. TBI officials also told WJHL in an e-mail that, “MB was not scheduled to meet with a TBI polygraph examiner today.” According to TBI’s official policy, a pregnant mother in her first trimester can undergo a polygraph. In the second and third trimester they need a written note from her doctor. Ultimately it is up to the discretion of the examiner if they will perform the test.

February 25, 2020 - AB, 42, of Kingsport, sat in the Sullivan County jail Tuesday morning and appeared for arraignments in two different courtrooms via video conferencing. AB was arraigned on a charge of Theft of Property Over $2,500 in Sullivan County General Sessions Court. Her bond was set at $5,000 with the condition that she wear an ankle bracelet. But AB didn't get out of jail. Before she could make bond, a bondsman revoked her bond from a previous, unrelated case, according to SCSO Capt. Andy Seabolt. She will remain incarcerated regardless of anything in Bristol General Sessions Court, where she had a bond set this morning," Seabolt said.

February 25, 2020 - Community members in Mendota, VA are planning a prayer vigil for EB. The vigil is planned to take place outside the Mendota Community Center at 6:30 p.m. About a dozen people gathered in Mendota, Virginia Tuesday evening to pray for missing EB.

February 25, 2020 - TBI announced it has received more than 500 tips in its search for EB. However, the agency says there have been no credible sightings as of Tuesday afternoon.

February 25, 2020 - The Tennessee Department of Children's Services confirmed Tuesday it has opened an investigation into EB, but said state confidentiality laws prohibited them from making any other comments.

February 25, 2020 -The Change.org petition for “Evelyn’s Law” has more than 15,000 online signatures as of Tuesday afternoon. "Evelyn's Law," would make it illegal to wait longer than 24-72 hours to report a missing child. The petition is seeking 25,000 signatures.

February 25, 2020 - WVLT Channel 8, MB, mother of 15-month-old EB, has been at the SCSO for hours Robert Grant WVLT is on the scene. Timeline of the Evelyn Boswell case
WVLT

February 25, 2020 - Lt. Logan Kerr, a spokesman for sheriff's department of Wilkes County, North Carolina said Tuesday that McCloud would betransported to Tennessee soon.

February 25, 2020 - MB, the mother of missing 15-month-old EB has been arrested. The SCSO has charged MB with one count of “false reports.”MB is being held in the Sullivan County Jail on a $25,000 bond.

February 26, 2020 - Taste Buds, an ice cream and sweets shop in Bristol, Tennessee has announced it will donate 50 percent of Wednesday's proceeds to the reward for missing EB’s safe return.

February 26, 2020 - SCSO is planning a news conference Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Sullivan County Justice Center in Blountville.

February 26, 2020 - DJ (EB’s Great Grandfather said he saw MB and her former boyfriend give his daughter, AB, the child’s grandmother, a car as a gift earlier this month. DJ said HW told AB that they would put the title in her name within a few days. AB lived with her parents for about two weeks earlier this month, DJ said. MB and HW visited her mother almost daily at his home, he added.DJ questioned the validity of the claim that her mother took the child, given that they were frequently in contact at his home. “They were hanging with my daughter every day for two weeks. Why would you hang with somebody that took your child?” Asked about his own contact with EB, DJ said, he and his wife only saw the baby twice since she was born.His wife kept asking MB to bring EB over, “and she just never would,” he said.

February 26, 2020 - AB has been a repeated client at A-Hood Bonding, a bail bonds company based in Kingsport. Bonding records show that the woman posted bail for two charges of improperly restraining a child (between the ages of 4 and 8) in a car; one charge of leaving a child unattended in a car; four counts of failing to appear in court; one count of driving with a suspended license; and one count of driving a vehicle with an expired registration.

February 26, 2020 - MB Court Date, Arraignment, video arraignment from jail Wednesday morning. Court papers reveal MB lied about missing EB. Those papers say she initially told police the baby was with the father, EP. Police said she stated she was supposed to meet him last Wednesday, 2/19 at 4 p.m. in the Ingles store in Colonial Heights parking lot to exchange custody. But EP is on active duty with the military, stationed in Louisiana, and did not have EB. MB was arrested and charged with false reports Tuesday. She initially told the Department of Child Services that EB was with her father when the investigation into EB’s disappearance began.

February 26, 2020 - 12:58 p.m., Wilkes County- a search is a underway right now in a pond north of Wilkesboro, NC in connection with the disappearance of 15-month old EB. Firefighters from Catawba county are assisting with that search. Watch channel 9 for updates on this developing story.

February 26, 2020 -The SCSO confirmed authorities are searching a pond in North Carolina in connection to the EB case.

February 26, 2020 - Officials with the Wilkes County Sheriff's Office were searching a property and a pond after getting a tip. Officials said they searched the pond using a Remote Operated Vehicle and found nothing.

February 27, 2020 - AB Court Date, Kingsport General Sessions Court, Violation of Probation

March 2, 2020 - MB Court Date, Preliminary Hearing, 1:30 p.m. Bristol Justice Center. MB will have the chance at her second hearing to plead guilty or ask for an attorney.

March 4, 2020 - AB Court Date, Sullivan County General Sessions Court, Theft of Property Over $2,500

Mother: MB, 18, DOB: 3/21/01
Father: EP, 19, (Active US Army since November 2017, stationed in Fort Polk, Louisiana)
Ex-Boyfriend: HW(his mother is the BMW owner)
Grandmother: AB, 42, DOB: 7/28/1977, Kingsport, Tennessee
Grandmother’s Boyfriend: WM, 33, Bristol, Tennessee
Grandfather: TB. Sr (MB's father, reported EB missing)
Uncle: TB. Jr
MW: mother of HW, owner of BMW
Great Grandfather: DJ, 68
MM: WM’s Grandmother, 2/26 pond search, Lomax Rd, Traphill, NC. MM is working with authorities. The pond is her neighbors.

Online Court Search: Sullivan County - Criminal Case Search by Party Name
Vine Jail Look-up: VINELink

@Tippy Lynn you are ahh-mazing! Thank you for this!

So thankful she was not found in that pond....my heart was breaking at the thought of it.

But, we are back to square one. Regardless of everything that has transpired, Evelyn is still missing. Hoping and praying this earthly angel is alive and well

I don't know how much this adds to the sleuthing, but my veteran youth psychologist mother said MB came across to her in interviews as someone who was suffering trauma-related DID or something similar. I mean, considering AB's criminal history, it seems plausible.

NOT excusing anyone's behavior here. It would just explain her seemingly blithe deception of all comers and seeming lack of concern or deep grief.

Thanks for your input! It’s good to get an expert opinion on why she may be doing what she’s doing. I think it’s totally possible and likely she’s suffering from some form of mental illness or disorder. I also think that’s likely of anyone who could kill,hide, cover up a disappearance of a child. No person who is stable would do something like this.

I skipped a bit ahead so maybe it was addressed but I didn’t see anything. Has it ever been confirmed that baby Evelyn was really ever with AB? I don’t mean in that car since that came later but did AB or anyone ever confirm she was really “babysitting” the child while MB worked at the chicken shack? Just curious

I skipped a bit ahead so maybe it was addressed but I didn’t see anything. Has it ever been confirmed that baby Evelyn was really ever with AB? I don’t mean in that car since that came later but did AB or anyone ever confirm she was really “babysitting” the child while MB worked at the chicken shack? Just curious
Nope. I have never seen a picture of them together.

In jail at 18..... I cannot even imagine being in jail at any time of my life. I've always had a fear of a situation that would put me in that position. Yes I've gotten a speeding ticket and was almost in tears, but paid it the next day so I couldn't get in trouble later!!! So I cannot see how she has been in jail now for almost 24 hours and she still hasn't told the truth at 18??? Her age doesn't matter, I know, it's just that she is young and IMO she should be more worried or scared! It just baffles me how anyone has the audacity to think they are smarter than LE!

Last edited:
WJHL on Twitter
Video of crews leaving the scene after Wilkes Co. Sheriff’s Office officials said ‘search inconclusive’ at pond, search for Evelyn Boswell
5:54 PM - 26 Feb 2020

Restaurant patrons find tasty way to contribute to Evelyn Boswell reward fund
The rolled Thai ice cream and bubble tea were flowing at Taste Buds’ small, crowded space late Wednesday afternoon — and that was good news for the Evelyn Boswell reward fund.

First-time customers and regulars streamed into the eclectic shop after owner HD announced she’d donate half of Taste Buds’ gross proceeds for the day to the reward fund offered to anyone that can lead authorities to the missing toddler.

[...]

As the dinner and dessert rush started rolling in at 5:30, Donnelly reported that proceeds were nearing $450.

From an interview with WM’s grandmother (the person with the property adjacent to the pond).

Search for missing 15-month-old TN girl at NC pond ‘inconclusive’

“McCloud’s grandmother lives next to the pond and told Channel 9 the two showed up at her home in Traphill asking for money to get out of North Carolina.

She said her grandson was wet and explained why.

“That he had been at a motel and the pipe burst and he got his feet wet and somebody stole his money and he needed money to get back to Bristol,” Mary McCloud said.

Channel 9 asked if she thought her grandson could have had any involvement in baby Evelyn’s disappearance.

“I don’t know. He’s devious enough. His record from youth up, he’s been devious enough to be involved in something,” she said.”

HW is in this up to his neck. The interview with David Jones, AB’s father and MB’s grandfather, proved that. He gave AB the car. He visited with AB and her boyfriend more than once in a two week period before Evelyn was declared missing. HW is no innocent is this.

I keep thinking that’s where MB has been staying (with HW). Which may explain the pregnancy and why HW mother’s car is involved MOO
edited for clarity

Last edited:
From an interview with WM’s grandmother (the person with the property adjacent to the pond).

“McCloud’s grandmother lives next to the pond and told Channel 9 the two showed up at her home in Traphill asking for money to get out of North Carolina.

“That he had been at a motel and the pipe burst and he got his feet wet and somebody stole his money and he needed money to get back to Bristol,” Mary McCloud said.

Channel 9 asked if she thought her grandson could have had any involvement in baby Evelyn’s disappearance.

“I don’t know. He’s devious enough. His record from youth up, he’s been devious enough to be involved in something,” she said.”
Granny is not holding back. Good for her!

I'm surprised the article doesn't say *when* WM showed up wet and asking for money. That seems like an important detail.

I'm so far behind that I decided to skip ahead 20 pages so apologies if anything I say has already been hashed and rehashed.

MB - I get that she could be a "dumb kid" but at the same time she seems to lack self awareness, which is not incongruent with being young. IOW, many young moms the same age are capable of caring for their child and aren't compelled to lie. Some of us here had babies at a young age and managed to raise them into successful, responsible adults. So that doesn't wash well with me.

I got the feeling that MB enjoyed the spotlight as a bit of excitement in an otherwise boring life and she's just not able to see beyond that. It was all about her and very little about Evelyn.

As I said said last night, I'm interested in learning more about the males in this case. Right now we can't sleuth them but it wouldn't surprise me if at least one is at the core of Evelyn's disappearance. It wouldn't be the first time a man didn't want someone else's spawn around or a woman chooses to put a hot new love before the welfare of her kids.

If MB had trauma in her early life I feel sad for her. But it won't excuse her behavior in my eyes. She strikes me as someone who lies on impulse, with no thought about being caught. No one buys story number one? Move on to the next lie.

This is all MOO but regardless of what happened to Evelyn, at the end of the day her mother and father are responsible for her safety and well-being. I understand that the bio dad is stationed away so that leaves mom, MB. IMO a loving, empathetic parent can do a good job no matter the age. Again, MOO.

It sounds like WMs grandma may have called that tip in.
What?! :eek:

McCloud’s grandmother lives next to the pond and told Channel 9 the two showed up at her home in Traphill asking for money to get out of North Carolina.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx