Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Tippy Lynn, Here's another good timeline article, although it hasn't been updated with today's news yet.

Evelyn Boswell: Police scour pond in search of missing AMBER Alert Tennessee tot [WATCH]
[...]

February 25
  • Maggie Boswell revealed to News Channel 11 that authorities would not let her take a polygraph test because she’s pregnant.
  • The Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office stated that they “do not use polygraph,” according to News Channel 3 in Memphis.
  • Police arrest Maggie Boswell for making false statements.
[...]

Welcome to Websleuths, @YojimboTN! :)

I finally decided to create an account, given that I've been constantly refreshing and reading these threads for days now. I am also a local to the Tri-Cities area and to say that this is gripping this area would be a massive understatement. People everywhere are talking about this case and feeling the same kind of sense of anger, sadness, and questioning that many here are feeling. It's really a bizarre feeling to have a case like this going on in our small area of the world. Thinking back on the Anthony case, that seemed like a world away even though in reality it wasn't. I guess a lot of people never think that this could happen in our backyard and within our own community.

The striking thing to me today is after hearing the interview with the Great-Grandfather and now the comments from AB's boyfriend's grandmother, is how many lives are being completely upended because of this horrible situation. From law enforcement to family members without knowledge of what was going on in their extended families. That's not to mention the biggest life impacted here, that of EB.

If I can add anything about the area, culture, or socio-political factors in the area, feel free to ask. Really enjoy this forum and the input & dialogue from people here has been thoughtful and intriguing.

Welcome Jimbo ! That was a cracking good first post. :)

Steve King WXII on Twitter
Wilkes county deputies stopped searching N Lomax Road for 15-month-old Evelyn Boswell at around 5:30 p.m. this evening.
ERvT63fXkAACnqW.jpg

6:37 PM - 26 Feb 2020

You dd is 3, right beside you and not being searched for in a pond.....Evelyn was barely a year, if Evelyn's arm is proved to have been broken and she was the victim of foul play, I stand by my opinion.

Definitely not trying to compare my life to this hot mess of a train wreck. Haha I’m giving my opinion that all broken arms on smaller children are not rare or cause for suspicion. I think that’s fair. My kids never had broken bones but it could have happened.

I would caution that people might not want to make big generalizations about All children/toddlers. IMO it’s not the (maybe) broken arm of Evelyn that makes this case so awful but all the details and history in combination with the broken arm that are heartbreaking.

Yes, but I think there's something extra suspicious about a child purportedly "breaking a bone", where a supposed casual fling of the mother's feels the need to tell us about the first time he opens his mouth - unsolicitedly, one might add, to the press.

Then, we learn that the baby in question, hasn't been seen by any reliable person for several weeks before and for several weeks after this purported secondhand arm-break.

We also know the boyfriend tells us a huge lie about how the arm got broken, which he could only have gotten from Maggie; and we've learned that Maggie's own family (DJ) thinks she is a storied, manipulative troublemaker ("Megan will be at the bottom of it, whatever it is"). Maybe we could postulate that DJ is favoring and covering for AB, his daughter; but the sheriff agrees with DJ that Megan doesn't have a truthful bone in her body, so there's that.

The whole car business is shady and making my head spin. Maybe MB thought she would pay for it with Tax money and they were letting her use it till then.
Why would she just give it to her Mom when she probably needs it herself. ??

Yeah, didn't DJ's commentary include the informational statement that MB "owned" the car, in some way, shape, or form? Or at least, that she was "selling" it to AB?

FEB 26, 2020
Evelyn Boswell’s grandmother, boyfriend both have recent criminal histories
[...]

A November 2018 affidavit said a caller alerted authorities to a woman driving around Taco Bell on North Eastman Road with an unrestrained child...

The Kingsport officer discovered that Boswell had a warrant... Officers arrested her as a fugitive from justice out of Scott County and jailed her.

The affidavit says a David Jones took custody of the unnamed child in Boswell’s care at the time.

[...]

When Boswell was being booked at Kingsport City Jail, a corrections officer found a plastic wrapper with two pills in Boswell’s pants. ...Boswell tried to hide the pills in her pants and shoes...

Authorities determined the pills appeared to be Focalin, a schedule II drug and charged Boswell with introduction of contraband into a penal facility.

In April 2019, Boswell crashed into another vehicle on Fort Henry Drive. ...

[...]

In addition to the vehicle and drug charges, Boswell was found guilty of stealing two pastries from Food City’s bakery in November 2018, according to records.

:eek:o_Oo_O

...I'm not sure I have anything to say in response to this.

not sure if anyone else just got this alert comes though for push notification

but it said MB's friend said MB knew exactly where Evelyn is

but when i clicked on it nothing came up

*edit* found it

"She knows where Evelyn is" says friend of Megan Boswell

snipped from WVLT8

On February 21, Arnett said Megan texted her, "I'm scared. I was scared of the person who took her." That night, Arnett said Megan talked to her differently.

Arnett said the situation "doesn't add up" and added that, "I did at first [believe her] but as the interviews went on, I think she knows. I think she knows where Evelyn is, and I think she knows who has her."

I wonder when they showed up at Grannies asking for money because of the "burst pipe " and "theft". I wish the article had been more clear on that.
There is a live interview with her that aired, which is what the quotes in tge article are from... I am waiting for it to show up somewhere other than someone recording it off of their TV.

Eta... Nm! In the article now. Bellyup's on it :)

*edit* found it

snipped from WVLT8

On February 21, Arnett said Megan texted her, "I'm scared. I was scared of the person who took her." That night, Arnett said Megan talked to her differently.

Arnett said the situation "doesn't add up" and added that, "I did at first [believe her] but as the interviews went on, I think she knows. I think she knows where Evelyn is, and I think she knows who has her."
And.... there it is! My big flip-flop once again. I don’t believe anything out of MB’s mouth anymore, but here’s someone saying she didn’t seem overwhelmed.

Bellyup posted the link thanks :)

Search for missing 15-month-old TN girl at NC pond ‘inconclusive’

McCloud’s grandmother lives next to the pond and told Channel 9 the two showed up at her home in Traphill asking for money to get out of North Carolina.

She said her grandson was wet and explained why.

“That he had been at a motel and the pipe burst and he got his feet wet and somebody stole his money and he needed money to get back to Bristol,” Mary McCloud said.

It's a relief that Evelyn wasn't found in the pond, yet I feel so much more hopeless today. I had hoped she was alive and adopted, albeit illegally.

Now, with MB in jail but apparently not giving any useful and accurate information, I'm getting the feeling many of you have had, that she is no longer alive. I think we are further from finding out the truth now, if ever. That's partly because as above, MB is locked up and yet not revealing anything, but also because of Evelyn's great-grandfather's interview. He just sounded sincere and consistent. If he's telling the truth, which I believe he is, then it's very disheartening to think that MB and AB were at his home for some time with no Evelyn anywhere.

As of now I only believe the great-grandfather and EP, Evelyn's father. And they don't seem to know where she is. Praying for one of these people to crack. If Sam Anello could finally plead guilty, maybe someone in this family will feel the need to come clean, too.

P.S. I know Anello is sticking to his story but at least he's pleading guilty. We need some kind of resolution for Evelyn, even if someone involved is merely self-interested and gives info just to reduce a jail sentence.

*edit* found it

snipped from WVLT8

I'm interested in this interview, because it kind of leaves things hanging. What was the conversation that took place later that night where "Megan talked to her differently"?

Yes, but I think there's something extra suspicious about a child purportedly "breaking a bone", where a supposed casual fling of the mother's feels the need to tell us about the first time he opens his mouth - unsolicitedly, one might add, to the press.

Then, we learn that the baby in question, hasn't been seen by any reliable person for several weeks before and for several weeks after this purported secondhand arm-break.

We also know the boyfriend tells us a huge lie about how the arm got broken, which he could only have gotten from Maggie; and we've learned that Maggie's own family (DJ) thinks she is a storied, manipulative troublemaker ("Megan will be at the bottom of it, whatever it is"). Maybe we could postulate that DJ is favoring and covering for AB, his daughter; but the sheriff agrees with DJ that Megan doesn't have a truthful bone in her body, so there's that.

Yeah, didn't DJ's commentary include the informational statement that MB "owned" the car, in some way, shape, or form? Or at least, that she was "selling" it to AB?

:eek:o_Oo_O

...I'm not sure I have anything to say in response to this.

DJ made it clear it was a GIFT, not a sale. A gift from HW, who was going to get the title changed over in a matter of days (which clearly didn't happen).

DJ made it clear it was a GIFT, not a sale. A gift from HW, who was going to get the title changed over in a matter of days (which clearly didn't happen).

Why would anyone with be honest with DJ about anything ? Let's say it was a drug rental or something like that, you don't think they'd tell grandpa that, do you ?

And.... there it is! My big flip-flop once again. I don’t believe anything out of MB’s mouth anymore, but here’s someone saying she didn’t seem overwhelmed.

The way people are describing how she changed has me tipping my head. It could be drugs but I haven’t seen any indication that MB was using. It could be prescribed meds? Some of them can really mess with you hard and bring on that flat effect / disassociation. Severe abuse? PPD? Or was it bc she knew something happened to Evelyn?

I can’t decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member